WeatherFlow Stations AIR and SKY supported

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

WeatherFlow Stations AIR and SKY supported

Post by admin » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:12 am

We just released a Meteobridge version that supports the brand new WeatherFlow stations AIR and SKY. Please find details here: http://meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Forum#Version_3.6

Station AIR provides pressure, temperature and humidity, SKY provides wind, rain, uv and solar radiation. Both connect to a wireless HUB which makes them available in your LAN/WLAN and to the Internet. Stuff is expected to be public available next month.

wflow-300.png
wflow-300.png (381.99 KiB) Viewed 2590 times

weatherist34
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: WeatherFlow Stations AIR and SKY supported

Post by weatherist34 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:03 am

good morning boris

just to confirm template works fine i will email you later this week ..

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:44 pm

lightning detection of AIR station has been added with latest update. Data can be used by template variables "lgt0dist" to have distance reported (in kilometers) and "lgt0total" to get number of lightning strokes in a certain period of time.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:06 am

...plus "lgt0energy" to see the intensity of the lightning stroke. This value does not have a physical unit, it just gives some magnitude comparison information.

weatherist34
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:10 am

thanks for you patience this weekend Boris everything is now perfect :-). awesome support again...thank you brian

doubleohwhatever
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by doubleohwhatever » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:42 am

Is the WeatherFlow station now an option on the "Station" tab (in Meteobridge)?

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:23 am

doubleohwhatever wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:42 am
Is the WeatherFlow station now an option on the "Station" tab (in Meteobridge)?
Yes, Weatherflow: AIR and SKY

prestwickwx
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by prestwickwx » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:44 pm

Boris,

I am using a DIR-505 with Meteostick and a Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus station. I am planning on testing the new Weather Flow station. I also use Brian's Home Weather Station Template. I know Brian plugs the Weather Flow hub into the Meteobridge via USB to grab the data. Would it be possible to use a USB hub and attach the Meteostick and Weather Flow hub, keeping the Davis as the main station?

Thanks,

Chuck

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:20 am

Currently Meteobridge does just support one station at a time.

Andyk1
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by Andyk1 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:29 am

I hope this is not off topic but I am very interested in the WF array. Have been reading as much as I could and regret I did not get one during the Kickstarter campaign. The main thing I am looking for since this is not a cheap after you get all 3 or 4 if you include the hub add on devises is, has anyone lost one due to lightening. I don't mean a direct lightening strike but close by and the static a near by strike causes. Over the years I have lost so many devices including SDR radio's I pretty much gave up on expensive. I have been using an Ambient WS-2902 (Cost $120.00 US dollars) the past 6-7 months but we are just getting into our thunderstorm/Tornado (Oklahoma USA) season but not really near by or close storms to tell how well this will keep up.

The reason I ask is because I have been on WF's site and see there are allot of dead stations (Some off line over 3 months) and curious why that would be if anyone could answer that.

Andy

weatherist34
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:22 am

Andyk1 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:29 am
I hope this is not off topic but I am very interested in the WF array. Have been reading as much as I could and regret I did not get one during the Kickstarter campaign. The main thing I am looking for since this is not a cheap after you get all 3 or 4 if you include the hub add on devises is, has anyone lost one due to lightening. I don't mean a direct lightening strike but close by and the static a near by strike causes. Over the years I have lost so many devices including SDR radio's I pretty much gave up on expensive. I have been using an Ambient WS-2902 (Cost $120.00 US dollars) the past 6-7 months but we are just getting into our thunderstorm/Tornado (Oklahoma USA) season but not really near by or close storms to tell how well this will keep up.

The reason I ask is because I have been on WF's site and see there are allot of dead stations (Some off line over 3 months) and curious why that would be if anyone could answer that.

Andy
offline/dead stations are field test units not permanent ,probably the phrase dead is a bit misleading ,it would be upto the maintainer gary to eliminate dead stations its not automatic and gary has no association with weatherflow apart from field testing hardware.soemthing he developed..

as for nearby lightning you i get it ,last july was as worse as it could be the air model recorded some 3000 or more strikes in one day it survived but one of our upstairs tvs and dvd players did not ... https://weather34.com/lightning/lightning2017.html

like anything electrical when storms nearby you got to take some precautions ahead ..

GaryFunk
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by GaryFunk » Sat May 05, 2018 3:10 am

Did someone mention my name?

GaryFunk
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by GaryFunk » Sat May 05, 2018 3:21 am

Andyk1 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:29 am

Andy
Andy,

The Map you refer to is a personal project of mine. When a station has stopped reporting data for more than 30 days, I mark it dead. I have no idea why it stopped, it could have simply been taken offline.