2 x "Home Weather Station"

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

doubleohwhatever
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

2 x "Home Weather Station"

Post by doubleohwhatever » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:48 am

Hi,

Is there anyway to add a second "Home Weather Station" on the weather network page?

Basically we'd like to have one for internal use that gets update every 10 seconds and a public site that gets updated less often.

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: 2 x "Home Weather Station"

Post by Mattk » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:49 am

If Home Weather Station accepts different credentials for separate outputs then no problem.

doubleohwhatever
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by doubleohwhatever » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:56 am

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I'm asking if there is any way to configure two "Home Weather Station" weather networks on the "Weather Nets" page. I imagine this is something that would have to be added to the software if it's possible. Something like a "Home Weather Station 2" maybe?

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:25 am

I understood what you meant but it may be that the limiting factor here is Home Weather Station. Can you create different sites on Home Weather Station with different URL's? if not then maybe this should be a question to Home Weather Station?

In comparison lets say if using WOW (for example) then one can create multiple WOW ID's and have multiple WOW sites setup under Weather nets (on the same MB device) all being fed from the same MB.

doubleohwhatever
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by doubleohwhatever » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:25 am

Mattk wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:25 am
Can you create different sites on Home Weather Station with different URL's?
Yes. You can create as many as you want. It's just software you install on your own server.

https://weather34.com/homeweatherstatio ... ridge.html

I do see what you mean about the weather network maybe being a limiting factor. However, in this case there is no limit.

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:25 am

Ok then create a new Home Weather Station with unique URL and in MB under Weather nets tab [Add more Weather Networks], add another Home Weather Station network and input the new URL and upload interval

doubleohwhatever
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by doubleohwhatever » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:24 am

That's what I thought I should do too. However, when I try to add another "Home Weather Station" network by selecting it in the dropdown, nothing happens on the page. Another "Home Weather Station" network does not appear. Perhaps it is a bug?

doubleohwhatever
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by doubleohwhatever » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:00 pm

Btw, this is on a meteobridge pro (if that makes a difference).

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:38 am

Meteobridge just supports one server to be fed on weather network page.

But you can setup another HTTP services feeding homeweatherstation on a second server on "push services" tab.
You will have to specify the URL parameters manually, buit I think some users anyway use that, so someone might help you out with a working template.

weatherist34
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:14 am

admin wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:38 am
Meteobridge just supports one server to be fed on weather network page.

But you can setup another HTTP services feeding homeweatherstation on a second server on "push services" tab.
You will have to specify the URL parameters manually, buit I think some users anyway use that, so someone might help you out with a working template.

morning boris

i gave him a solution on the other forum simply send data to a public host as normal and just set the private and public installation of template to use the same url set in meteobridge.