Meteobridge NANO - available NOW in Europe and US!

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

scottwilburn
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Meteobridge NANO - available NOW in Europe and US!

Post by scottwilburn » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:09 am

I just installed a Nano in my Vantage Pro 2 console at my cabin and it was working for about three days. Then I rebooted my router remotely and I can no longer see the Nano on the network and cannot connect to it remotely. Shouldn't it reconnect to the router if the router reboots? Any help would be appreciated. Would have preferred to get a Meteobridge Pro, but was told by Ambient Weather that it has been discontinued. Need a reliable solution as it's a 3 hour drive to reset this device.

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:29 am

...Would have preferred to get a Meteobridge Pro, but was told by Ambient Weather that it has been discontinued...
Did they now? Wonder why they would do that?

Does your Nano have DHCP or fixed IP, same with your router, fixed or DHCP from your ISP and how are you remotely connecting to your Router and Nano, via ISP/static IP, DNS/port forwarding or via the Meteobridge server for the Nano?

My guess would be since you rebooted the router it's something with the router setup/configuration/ISP etc?

scottwilburn
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by scottwilburn » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:45 am

Does your Nano have DHCP or fixed IP, same with your router, fixed or DHCP from your ISP and how are you remotely connecting to your Router and Nano, via ISP/static IP, DNS/port forwarding or via the Meteobridge server for the Nano?
I have a DHCP reservation in my router for the Nano, but did not set a static IP in the Nano itself. Would power cycling the Vantage Pro2 console cause it to reconnect to the router? If so, I could set up a remote power reboot for the console. Just can't afford to keep making a long drive to get the weather data back online.

scottwilburn
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by scottwilburn » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:48 am

Is there another USA source for purchasing the Meteobridge Pro?

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:26 am

scottwilburn wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:45 am
I have a DHCP reservation in my router for the Nano, but did not set a static IP in the Nano itself. Would power cycling the Vantage Pro2 console cause it to reconnect to the router? If so, I could set up a remote power reboot for the console. Just can't afford to keep making a long drive to get the weather data back online.
So is that DHCP reservation fixed by the MAC address (in effect the same fixed IP address, static by default) or just a DHCP block and receives a new IP address after lease time or reboot?

I don't think rebooting the console is the proper solution or even a solution at all. I reboot all my routers automatically every 24 or 48 hours by default and that is what I would be checking is your router configuration/setup.

scottwilburn
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by scottwilburn » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:11 pm

So is that DHCP reservation fixed by the MAC address (in effect the same fixed IP address, static by default) or just a DHCP block and receives a new IP address after lease time or reboot?
The DHCP reservation is by Mac address and was working properly before I rebooted the router.
I don't think rebooting the console is the proper solution or even a solution at all. I reboot all my routers automatically every 24 or 48 hours by default and that is what I would be checking is your router configuration/setup.
What should I be checking for in the router configuration? I have a Cradlepoint AER1600 and am able to configure it remotely. One thing I noticed on a wifi site scan is that there is an SSID broadcasting that says meteobridge-<hex>. Maybe the network configuration did not set properly in the first place?

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:30 pm

scottwilburn wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:48 am
Is there another USA source for purchasing the Meteobridge Pro?
No, but we can send directly from Germany. Please get in contact with me at "info(at)smartbedded.com".

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:19 am

scottwilburn wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:11 pm
The DHCP reservation is by Mac address and was working properly before I rebooted the router.

What should I be checking for in the router configuration? I have a Cradlepoint AER1600 and am able to configure it remotely. One thing I noticed on a wifi site scan is that there is an SSID broadcasting that says meteobridge-<hex>. Maybe the network configuration did not set properly in the first place?
I know nothing re the router you have but do suspect it is more router related. I also don't fix IP from MAC, I use a configured static IP and routers reboot automatically everyday, no connection issues, port forwarding works fine.

Have you outlined how you actually access the Nano remotely, via the router itself (as such) or Internet remote login from the Nano?

The sort of issue you describe I have seen between routers and WLIP when the WLIP address is changed and the router/WLIP connection via port forwarding/DNS is lost even though the WLIP is still uploading. This is fixed with rebooting the WLIP but only requires a one off boot and will then remain connected after router reboots. This si what makes me think the Nano/MAC/Router config is somehow funny but without checking the Nano IP then all this is unconfirmed.

fishndave
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by fishndave » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:06 pm

My nano stopped communicating again at Christmas. I was away and only today, I had to reboot it by power cycling. the reset button didn't do any good.
is anyone else having to reboot their nano? Or do I have a defective one?
I am not sure the warranty but I never had this problem with TPlink.

thanks
Dave

ConligWX
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by ConligWX » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:23 am

are you able to SSH to the NANO and reboot?

only issue I had once was all of my services just disappeared afetr I was navigating the menus.

I learnt the hard way thinking the "backup script" was what backed up the settings - it doesn't. you have to manually backup the configuration and save it away from the NANO.

fishndave
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by fishndave » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:46 am

ConligWX wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:23 am
are you able to SSH to the NANO and reboot?

only issue I had once was all of my services just disappeared afetr I was navigating the menus.

I learnt the hard way thinking the "backup script" was what backed up the settings - it doesn't. you have to manually backup the configuration and save it away from the NANO.
No, I couldn't reach the Nano thru wifi. It was not communicating and the reset button which I have used sometimes didn't do any good either. I had to power cycle.