Meteobridge NANO - available NOW in Europe and US!

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Meteobridge NANO - available NOW in Europe!

Post by admin » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:49 pm

pb2rdf wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:46 am
And when someone did forget to configure a fixed IP address, it is possible the MB Nano gets another, or no IPnr if dhcp is configured.
The MB Nano should be configured (imo) with a fixed IPnr by the user, and should be strongly recommended to all MB Nano users.
This counts also for the other meteobridge solutions.
The recommended way to get around the problem that the router might give the NANO a new IP after DHCP lease time is passed is to assign the NANO a fixed IP based on its MAC. Most routers allow to do that in their DHCP settings. This circumvents to go to static IP settings in the NANO itself, which might be complicated for some users as they might not be too familiar with Gateway IP, IP mask, and DNS IP and when they enter something wrong here they are disconnected and need to start from scratch.
pb2rdf wrote:
Is my understanding right in conclusion to your answer, in case of WIFI communication loss, it is always possible to restore and download the archive data from a certain time, dependend of the archive interval, from the MB Nano?
1 minute interval is less back in time as an archive interval of 10 minutes.
The NANO adds the same storage chip to the console as the original Davis loggers do. Therefore when using pass-through mode on port 22222 on the NANO it behaves like the Davis loggers. You can read out history from there as you are used to.
What Davis is selling as a logger is mostly a $1 eeprom. All logic is already in the console, they just add this eeprom and a serial to USB converter that allows your PC to communicate with the console. Therefore, it is very easy for the NANO also to provide this eeprom and by having that the console provides all the logging features as with a Davis logger. NANO does not interact with the eeprom directly. All is done via Davis serial communication protocol via the console.
pb2rdf wrote:
Is it maybe possible to publish the specs of the MB Nano in more detail?
Ie how much memory is reserved for logging of the archive data, how many records and in which mode of the MB Nano?
NANO is not providing non-volatile storage for logging console data. I explained in the previous paragraph how that works.
What the NANO does is to listen ongoing to the console live data and keep track of hourly, daily, monthly, yearly highs/lows and averages for all the sensor data. In order not to loose it this is stored every 10 minutes on the Meteobridge server (just the min/max/avg values).
pb2rdf wrote:
Imo the MB Nano is more versatile then the WL IPlink and is an attractive alternative.
Thanks, I see it the same way. :mrgreen:

pb2rdf
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by pb2rdf » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:18 pm

Thanks very much for the info!

Peter

PS. How about weathercam config loss in MB V3.7 after logging in on webinterface with TPlink 3020 V1.9 ?
see : viewtopic.php?f=56&t=13113#p25884

leliep
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by leliep » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:44 pm

Yesterday I received my NANO and up to now it works mainly as announced (Vantage Vue).

But it seems that the meteobridge device does not turn off the "meteobridge-..." wifi signal after initial setup and connection with the home network. To me it seems that the signal also disturbs the other wifi signals, which leads to disconnecting clients.

Could this be possible?

Even if the signal does not produce problems, I think it would be a good idea to turn the wifi signal off after initial setup.

Btw., I've set it up with dhcp.

Best regards, -pl

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:43 am

You can't turn the WiFi signal off as this is the only means by which the Nano uploads the data etc and connects to the world. WiFi is used for the initial setup under a specific meteobridge-SSID which once connected to your own network (proper) still requires WiFi specific to your network

Have not noticed any WiFi affects on the network or any of the my other networks

DHCP shouldn't have any affect as that's just the IP, I typically use all Fix IP's but just depends on how you manage your network.

leliep
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by leliep » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:32 am

Thanks for your quick reply!
Sorry, I have not been specific enough in my question: of course you can not turn the wifi off. But after the initial setup of the meteobridge NANO there is (was?) still a wifi network with the SSID of "meteobridge-<some_hexcode>" active, although the meteobridge NANO is connected at the same time with the local wifi network.

BUT: Interestingly, at least yesterday it was there. Today I can not see it anymore when I scan the active SSIDs with my FritzBox from remote. Now everything seems to be fine, so please disregard my question. Maybe it was a transient problem which went away after the restart of the meteohub I did yesterday.

Thanks again and best regards, -pl (peter.lelie@lelie.de)

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Meteobridge NANO - available NOW in Europe and US!

Post by admin » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:18 pm

Just to add. The NANO is now also available in the US, from ambientweather.

meteo
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by meteo » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:15 pm

Wow, I love this!

So just to confirm - the NANO acts like both a Meteobridge for uploads to networks AND, at the same time, acts like a data logger for my computer program (WeatherCat) to see the Davis station data? If so, I want one of these now!

Cheers.
A clear conscience is a great pillow.

wvdkuil
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by wvdkuil » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:28 am

meteo wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:15 pm
Wow, I love this!

So just to confirm - the NANO acts like both a Meteobridge for uploads to networks AND, at the same time, acts like a data logger for my computer program (WeatherCat) to see the Davis station data? If so, I want one of these now!

Cheers.
Yes, for WeatherCat it acts as a standard WL-ip logger with the IP-address of the MB-nano with port 22222.

All Meterobridge-versions do it that way as long as there is a Davis console connected in one way or another.

Wim

meteo
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by meteo » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:02 pm

wvdkuil wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:28 am
All Meterobridge-versions do it that way as long as there is a Davis console connected in one way or another.
Well, almost. Meteobridge/Meteobridge Pro require a data logger connected to the console to pass data on to the computer. The great thing about the Nano is that it sounds like it acts as both a logger and a Meteobridge, so people don’t have to buy a data logger anymore.

Cheers

weatherist34
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:28 am

can only reiterate just how good and beneficial this product is . i was up and running in 15 minutes .kudos boris ..

just rough quick guide https://weather34.com/homeweatherstatio ... ano34.html

brian

meteo
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by meteo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:21 pm

weatherist34 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:28 am
Excellent write up!

dfw

weatherist34
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:56 am

meteo wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:21 pm
weatherist34 wrote:
Excellent write up!

dfw
thanks but its nothing special just a rough guide highlighting the ease of setup and use..

prestwickwx
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by prestwickwx » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:13 pm

weatherist34 wrote:
can only reiterate just how good and beneficial this product is . i was up and running in 15 minutes .kudos boris ..

brian
Brian, I agree. Great product - I was ready to go in 20 minutes.

Cheers,

Chuck

weatherist34
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:24 pm

ha hello chuck long time no hear trust you are well and healthy ...yep Nano doesnt or couldnt get any easier and all that versatile meteobridge software built in..dont you just wish Boris worked for Davis :-)

brian

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:24 pm

weatherist34 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:24 pm
..dont you just wish Boris worked for Davis :-)
No