NANO SD with local HomeWeatherStation Dashboard

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

NANO SD with local HomeWeatherStation Dashboard

Post by admin » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:40 pm

We always try to push the NANO to its limits. In the beginning I was sceptical if a local instance of the famous HomeWeatherStation template from Brian can be made running on the NANO SD. In principle it has all that is needed: lots of RAM, lots of SD card storage, a database, a charting engine, ... but will all the needed components (especially PHP7) work together fine?

Today we know that it works. Initial dashboard startup is a bit slower than on your web server, but apart from that I can hardly see any difference. When you have a NANO SD and update to the just released SW version, the HomeWeatherStation dashboard will be installed and can be activated by a few clicks. Please read details here: https://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/index. ... ersion_3.8

Screenshot 2018-11-22 at 21.54.16.png
Screenshot 2018-11-22 at 21.54.16.png (84.7 KiB) Viewed 1375 times

When did we ever had a more powerful and beautiful dashboard without any installation hassle?
And the best thing is, that it can also be accessed from the Internet, when you have remote login activated. :D

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: NANO SD with local HomeWeatherStation Dashboard

Post by admin » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:42 pm

And this is what it looks like :-)

db2.jpg
db2.jpg (423.7 KiB) Viewed 1374 times

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:45 pm

and an example of a pop-up chart for temperatures during last 72h:

db3.jpg
db3.jpg (327.96 KiB) Viewed 1373 times

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:49 am

What does the Password expect to get into Setup?

Edit: All good found the answer, no password but one should create a password to protect the setup

weatherist34
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:13 am

good morning

wasn’t expecting that so soon , i saw the prototype yesterday and thought wow he has done it ..so anyway lets hope it is of some use for many ,my strong belief is meteobridge range of products is the perfect solution simply it has no dependencies on tying up a computer and use any meteobridge device with a small UPS and you have a solid reliable solution for storing data,sharing data and so on .. well done Boris you certainly have made my weather station use a pleasant experience ...brian

mthiessen
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by mthiessen » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:50 pm

Boris: Thanks so much for this. I will definitely get one.
Brian: Thank you for the use of your template. I have admired it from afar but I was concerned installation was beyond my skill set. Now I can use it.

One question: Currently I use Meteobridge to send my weather data to WeatherUnderground. Is it possible to export my data from WU and import it into the Nano SD? This would let me use the Nano SD charting with 2 years of data.

Nice job everyone!!!

Thanks,
Mark

droiddk
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by droiddk » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:45 pm

That is cool!

A Davis Envoy + NANO SD + Tablet = Awesomeness!

Regards

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:07 pm

I rushed out the template knowing that there will be some quirks here and there, especially when it comes to non English language support, etc.
But that isn't a problem as changes will apply automatically as with the other Meteobridge functions.

MTB
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by MTB » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:18 pm

The Nano SD is a wonderful device. Home Weather Station is also a great display tool. I've already got it up and running on my Nano, replacing my external server. Very easy to install and setup - thanks!

If there is an opportunity for new features, I would vote for "Days Since Last Rain". Maybe in the rainfallf-year-month.php module. For those of us in more arid areas, that count can hit 3 digits.

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:31 pm

I believe you will find this is the *Final* template release, all the details are on the weather34 site https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

weatherist34
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:37 am

MTB wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:18 pm
The Nano SD is a wonderful device. Home Weather Station is also a great display tool. I've already got it up and running on my Nano, replacing my external server. Very easy to install and setup - thanks!

If there is an opportunity for new features, I would vote for "Days Since Last Rain". Maybe in the rainfallf-year-month.php module. For those of us in more arid areas, that count can hit 3 digits.
Hi glad you like it , myself I am taking a long break however Boris is maintaining the version that is bundled with the NANOSD and I am sure in time once he has mastered all the code you will see his ideas and ideas like yourself implemented . Think the art of keeping the design attractive has been developing a thick skin(or stubbornness) and resist implementing every feature otherwise it soon becomes rather congested and ends up being overloaded with information and less appealing. I had toyed with using 12 modules(3 extra) on the main display but when I did it it actually changed the whole easy experience of the dashboard..Anyway lets see if Boris or anyone has some useful ideas that dont break up the balance.. some users have a second page display for listed charts shown below or a second page to plop in various other weather related info.

Wessel
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by Wessel » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:35 pm

Wow, that's great! I really love MB, but I still need to use Wifilogger to send my data to weatherlink.com. This would be amazing if MB Nano SD could send data to weatherlink.com. Can this be add in the future?

ConligWX
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by ConligWX » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:02 pm

WOW, excellent choice of additional feature there. I use Brian's Template on my CumulusMX setup (soon to be Meteobridge NanoSD :D )