Meteoclimatic Support **solved**

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

geoair
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Meteoclimatic Support **solved**

Post by geoair » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:26 pm

Hello,
Would be possíble to add Meteoclimatic network to the list of supported Weather Networks?
Thank you.
best regards.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Meteoclimatic Support

Post by admin » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:39 am

As you might be closer to this network in Spain than I am, can you please motivate them to send me an upload API description and a technical contact?

geoair
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by geoair » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:20 pm

Hi,
I've posted in meteoclimatic forum and also emailed them with this question. So far, no answer yet.

However, in the meteoclimatic wiki there are several programs that can upload data to this network.

Would it be possible to adopt a similar approach of one of these programs in meteobridge?

Thank you.

Best regards

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:25 pm

When they still support Meteohub, I should have the protocol. But this has been nearly 10 years ago, so I wonder if the upload has not changed.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:29 pm

I just checked my code for Meteoclimatic in the Meteohub sources and when I understand that code correctly, the data is not actively uploaded by Meteohub but stored as a file on a web server, where Meteoclimatic does collect the data. This method is very outdated for many reasons and I don't think that I will implement this for Meteobridge. Therefore a contact to their technical staff is needed to find out if they provide some direct upload APIs in the meantime.

geoair
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by geoair » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:02 pm

I would suggest you send them an email: meteoclimatic@meteoclimatic.com
Maybe you have better luck than me ;)

Ubik
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Ubik » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:14 am

Hello, first of all congratulate you for the great work you do in this forum.

I am one of the administrators of the Meteoclimatic Station Network, and I have registered in your forum in response to the Geoair message. I hope you understand that it is often difficult to attend work, family and hobbies, but hey, we will try to help out in this matter.

I would like you to explain to me what it is that you need to do what Geoair asks

Our network uses two systems for sending / receiving data, either through an http address, where each user uploads the data file to a particular website, where the Meteoclimatic robot looks for it, or with an exclusive program that is It is responsible for sending directly to the Meteoclimatic servers.

I want to make clear, that within Meteoclimatic, my assignment is not exactly this type of questions, since I am in charge of the management of the forums and the wiki, matters related to the supervision of the installations and data of the stations, so that the software issues escape me, however I will try, with the indications that you tell me to help find a solution to this issue.

regards

Translated with google

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:36 am

Thanks for dialing in.

All current weather networks allow to directly receive data. This makes it much more easy for users to feed data as they might not want to setup dedicated webspace just to allow meteoclimatic to grab data from there. Placing data somewhere arbitrarily to have it picked up by a network services is something completely outdated, for various reasons, sorry.

Therefore, what is the HTTP address a user can post data to? Who is the technical contact at meteoclimatic I can discuss this with? PM to "info(at)meteobridge.com" is welcome.

Ubik
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Ubik » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:16 am

Ok, we agree, but the circumstances are what they are. As I said, Meteoclimatic has its own program to make direct shipments, without the need of a web of its own.

I'll try to give you an answer tomorrow, or at the most in a couple of days.

Thanks for your attention.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:37 pm

All I need is the upload protocol your "meteoclimatics own program" does make use of. I can go under NDA if you don't want to have it publicly exposed.

geoair
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by geoair » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:12 pm

Very happy to see this request having some attention.
Thank you very much !
Greetings

Ubik
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Ubik » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:59 am

admin wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:37 pm
All I need is the upload protocol your "meteoclimatics own program" does make use of. I can go under NDA if you don't want to have it publicly exposed.
Hello, informed Meteoclimatic webmaster, tells me that there is no problem to facilitate the protocol of sending the files. As soon as he can, we will send it to you.
Greetings.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:21 pm

thanks. When you give me his/her mail address via PM, I can get in touch myself (but I can just communicate in English or Germany).

Ubik
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Ubik » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:59 pm

you have a MP

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Meteoclimatic Support **solved**

Post by admin » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:07 pm

Newest update has meteoclimatic support included. It is not realized by a direct HTTP upload, but by dropping a data file on the Meteobridge server. All you need to do is to tell your meteoclimatic account where to grab the data from.