Remote internet login problem **solved**

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

merlinwx
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Remote internet login problem **solved**

Post by merlinwx » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:22 pm

Lately I have been unable to use the remote internet login URL. Whenever I try to login remotely I get the following Error 503 - Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

What's the problem?

pwilman
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Re: Remote internet login problem

Post by pwilman » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:29 pm

I got that the first time I setup the remote login access on my nano. I had forgotten to click the "save button". Probably not your issue as sounds like it has worked previously, but solved it for me!

Paul

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:57 pm

Remote login is working ok here at the moment, could be an ISP issue or a faulty server in the route?

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:22 am

@merlinwx: Are you still facing this problem? Usually the remote login is working very stable. But it is dependent from you providers policy. They can block SSH tunneling if they do deep packet inspection and they can force all port 80 traffic through a HTTP proxy, which will kill remote login features.

merlinwx
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by merlinwx » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:35 pm

pwilman wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:29 pm
I got that the first time I setup the remote login access on my nano. I had forgotten to click the "save button". Probably not your issue as sounds like it has worked previously, but solved it for me!

Paul
Thanks Paul...this solved the problem. When I reset my MR3020 after a recent power outage, the remote permission box came back up unchecked. I checked it but forgot that I needed to also click "save".