Extending license for updates

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

doncurtis
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Extending license for updates

Post by doncurtis » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:15 am

I just got the notice that I would no longer get version updates unless I renewed.

I just wanted to let everyone know how quick, easy and inexpensive it was. Click on the PayPal tab, set payment method, make purchase and it's a done deal.

I get two more years worth of updates for $1 USD/month. A very reasonable fee.

Boris...Good job!

Don
---------
Don

weatherist34
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re: Extending license for updates

Post by weatherist34 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:27 pm

doncurtis wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:15 am
I just got the notice that I would no longer get version updates unless I renewed.

I just wanted to let everyone know how quick, easy and inexpensive it was. Click on the PayPal tab, set payment method, make purchase and it's a done deal.

Boris...Good job!

Don
happy days and i think the two year renewal is the safest way to maintain a product going forward i mean if he decided on a lifetime warranty which basically creates a self funded loss for any future development or products as new customer base dries up or grinds a to a low point ..where would would the funds come from for future development..lesson here is what consumers see as profit and unjustified is not always the case .stick with this guy im sure the future will see a lot more from him as techonlogy and ideas change.. i mean the nanosd was a stroke of genious in my eyes for the davis owners ..rule number 1 never sell lifetime warranties if you want to progress..

weatherist34
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re: Extending license for updates

Post by weatherist34 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:49 pm

weatherist34 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:27 pm
doncurtis wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:15 am

Boris...Good job!

Don
happy days and i think the two year renewal is the safest way to maintain a product going forward i mean if he decided on a lifetime warranty which basically creates a self funded loss for any future development or products as new customer base dries up or grinds a to a low point ..where would would the funds come from for future development..lesson here is what consumers see as profit and unjustified is not always the case .stick with this guy im sure the future will see a lot more from him as techonlogy and ideas change.. i mean the nanosd was a stroke of genious in my eyes for the davis owners ..rule number 1 never sell lifetime warranties / licenses if you want to progress..