Meteobridge NANO no connection

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

pebcak
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Meteobridge NANO no connection

Post by pebcak » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:53 pm

Hi,

Just got Meteobridge Nano (black wire).

Setup worked fine. First with the meteobridge SSID and then accessing it over my own wifi.

Then I did a save & apply & reboot for my configuration with location, timezone etc and it never came back. Instead it seems stuck in a loop where the red led; remains steady for a few seconds, then blinks very quickly, then blinks slowly and then repeats the sequence)

I've tried:
- factory reset (not sure if this is working as described as the light never turns off instead it starts blinking very quickly)
the meteobridge ssid doesn't appear

removing all power and removing / reinstalling the module (goes back to the cycle of blinking described above)
the meteobridge is not on my wifi and its own SSID does not appear.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks

Ash

BigAlT
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Re: Meteobridge NANO no connection

Post by BigAlT » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:59 pm

Have you removed the batteries from your console ?. If so, does the reset button have any effect at all when powered only from your ac adapter ?. After pushing & holding the reset button in does the led blink slowly at all ?. If not, it appears you probably have a hardware issue and should contact your vendor or you can contact Boris directly at info(at)smartbedded.com.

pebcak
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by pebcak » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:51 am

Yes removed the battery tried reinstalling from scratch still as described:
red led; remains steady for a few seconds, then blinks very quickly, then blinks slowly and then repeats the sequence)

Pushing & holding reset button makes it flash very quickly as described above, no slow blinks

Haven't tried with AC power, only battery, would that make a difference?

Thanks very much for the response,

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:06 am

Is this a Red or Black handle Nano?

In any case would definitely not be trying to do this on batteries only.

BigAlT
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by BigAlT » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:35 am

The installation instructions say specifically to remove all power including batteries before installing the nano in your console but after installing the nano to plug in your ac adapter. Battery power will only power the console with a nano installed for a relatively shot time and having run setup the first time on batteries only ( which may not have been new ) may have depleted them enough that they are not powering the nano and your console enough to boot your nano.
Here are the pertinent part of the instructions
“ Remove power from the console. Open back cover of the console that hides batteries and expansion slot. Please also remove batteries if any.
3. Insert Meteobridge NANO module into the
expansion slot. Do with firm but not with brute
force. When it does not slide in by a firm push, the connector is not positioned correctly. Applying more force can damage the port. Get the NANO out and try again. Good news is, that you only need to do this once.
4.Put batteries back in (if you are using any) but leave cover open for a while as the NANO has a LED that signals some information for setup you might need in the next steps. Connect the power supply to mains and plug-in its barrel connector to the console.
5. Now you should hear the typical start-up beeps from the console. Wait 2 minutes for the Meteobridge NANO to boot.”
Note how the instructions say that you will not hear the startup beeps from the console until you plug in the power supply. Try it again with the ac adapter plugged in.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:24 pm

@pepcak: Can you please drop me a mail to "info(at)meteobridge.com" so that we can solve the issue.
Can you please tell me the last 4 digits of the MAC which are printed on the Module?
NANOs need the power supply for operating, I have never tested batteries only as they will be worn out after a day or two.

pebcak
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by pebcak » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:52 pm

Thanks all, am trying to find the power supply and will then go through the process with this and find a place for the console in future to always have the power supply.

Will let you know if this solves it.

ToTo
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by ToTo » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:32 pm

Did your Davis console the 5V/1A Power Supply from Davis?

https://www.weerstationkopen.nl/en/mete ... ano-psu-eu

manxmike
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by manxmike » Sat May 04, 2019 9:01 pm

Hope I'm posting this in the correct topic. I'm experiencing similar problems with my recently purchased NANO. Contacting my supplier they suggested posting on the forum to see if anyone can help. Email to supplier was as follows...

Sorry to bother you but the meteobridge nano appears to have stopped working after 2 weeks.

Installed when received, configured and started working without an issue. However, today I received an email from wunderground to say my weather station had stopped sending data. Attempts to browse to the nano failed. A cold reboot of the console failed to remedy the situation.
Following the instructions in the nano manual I reset the nano to factory defaults and reconfigured from scratch, again without success.

Removed the nano and replaced repeating the previous, again to no avail.

I have tried both DHCP and assigning a fixed IP address but it was as if the nano wasn't storing the config.?

Would very much appreciate your advice on how best to proceed.

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Sat May 04, 2019 11:49 pm

Have you checked and confirmed the status of your ISP? Is there data showing on the Live tab?

pebcak
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by pebcak » Thu May 09, 2019 8:56 am

Thanks for all the suggestions.

It works now, does require full mains power to successfully boot.