NANO Symptons - No Services / Weather Nets

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

NANO Symptons - No Services / Weather Nets

Post by Mattk » Thu May 09, 2019 11:47 pm

Has anybody observed the following symptoms for a NANO/Vue combination

- Weather nets and Services have stalled
- NANO Live Data appears to be running ok?
- Remote access is ok
- Will action commands like Save and Apply ok
- Will action Reboot but NANO does not reboot (trying to pick up the latest FW but won't cycle a proper update)
- Doesn't appear to be a router issue, rebooting router made no affect

Have seen this issue before, repower will fix it but this time trying to find the cause maybe.

ConligWX
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: NANO Symptons - No Services / Weather Nets

Post by ConligWX » Fri May 10, 2019 10:15 am

I have had lockups in the past but then NanoSD has been behaving itself recently

How many services are you running? I think I am running about 17 at present. with 10 weather nets entries

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Fri May 10, 2019 11:16 am

Not a heavy load on his one at all, dashboard @5sec, Wow@5min, daily midnight export + FTP, one off daily email and HTTP@5min which is very low compared to some. There's no loss of RF link or data between the Vue and ISS, login is no problem, some (most) commands work, reboot responds but doesn't actually reboot and there's no services or weather net output.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sat May 11, 2019 8:49 am

Does it run latest SW? There was an issue on reboot a few versions ago.

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Sat May 11, 2019 9:42 am

It does now, one was able to set the version control but via the reboot button would not complete the reboot process or update the newest FW via a remote login. Recycling the power has now pulled down the latest FW and it is now operating normally. Will now have to wait to see if the FW fixes this as this has been the second stall like this in 5 months.

mthiessen
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by mthiessen » Wed May 22, 2019 8:11 pm

I have the same problem. When I hit reboot it shows it's offline for several seconds but when it comes up the uptime shows it hasn't rebooted at all. The only way I can reboot (and get the latest software) is to cycle power on the Davis Console which I can do remotely with a wifi outlet. (The Davis Vantage Pro 2 is located out of town). The console pauses for 10 minutes in Setup Mode when you cycle power on it. And it appears I lose the 20 minutes of data prior to the cycle power. I would rather just reboot the Nano to get the latest version.

My MB Nano replaced Meteobridge installed on a TP-Link. That configuration allowed me to cycle power on the MB while keeping the console power on.

Current SW Version: Meteobridge 4.0 (May 18 2019, build 2091), FW 1.3

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sat May 25, 2019 10:42 am

if you send remote login details to "info(at)meteobridge.com" of a NANO that does not properly reboot, I can give it some more research.