Corrupt Historical Data after Power Reboot (Using USB 4 Boot) - TL-MR3020V3 - SW 4.3)

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

robweb5mm
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Corrupt Historical Data after Power Reboot - TL-MR3020V3 - SW 4.0 (now 4.3)

Post by robweb5mm »

Far Out. All I can tell you is ... out of approximately 25+ power reboots (first 7 months) with "get newest on boot", 23 Failed to restore historical data (the 2 successful restores in last 2 months), out of approximately 25 power reboots (last 11 months) using USB stick, 25 have failed. SOFT Reboots restore data OK.

MB - has a basic Setup - Connected via WiFi, Upload to WCloud (10 mins), WU (30 Sec) & FTP (30 Sec) to my website.
LAN - (Possible Non Standard) Router Dropping pings + Blocking ARP Scans + QOS priority config for MB.

Have a happy week Boris. Thank you.

stevem
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by stevem »

Hi,

For what it is worth I have an mr3020v1. I’ve this week been developing a new web page using the meteobridge template facility. The device has been running for over 2 years. It has been rebooted on several occasions and suffered 3 or 4 power failures. I was surprised to find the oldest data associated with the alltime selector was only 5 months ago. My device seemingly lost its history last September. I’ve always had the update service and update latest on boot. I can’t tell you anything more.

Steve

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

Just released update should solve it for WR902AC V3. I did some other improvements, so issues on the other platforms might be resolved as well.

robweb5mm
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by robweb5mm »

Thanks Boris, .... Since changing from "USB Boot" to "Get Newest on Boot" in the last 2 months, the MR3020 V3 restored correctly on 5/5 occasions. Now the question is, does using "USB Boot" still mash your data restores?

Thanks all ... Rob
Last edited by robweb5mm on Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robweb5mm
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by robweb5mm »

After getting corrupt data restores after reboots on the TL-MR3020, I'm now using SW V4.3 with "Get Newest on Boot" selected and the later MB Software now restores the data fine. I'm reluctant to change back to "Boot from USB"

Could anyone else that has a TL-MR3020 and has "Boot from USB" selected, please let me know if you've had any problems with corrupt data, especially after power reboots?

Appreciate your help ... Rob

robweb5mm
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Corrupt Historical Data after Power Reboot (Using USB 4 Boot) - TL-MR3020V3 - SW 4.3)

Post by robweb5mm »

Hi Boris,

I can confirm that backup data is being restored correctly on "power reboots" when set to "get newest on boot".

I can also confirm backup data is corrupt on "power reboots" every time when set to "boot from USB" .

Thanks ... Rob

vortexya
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Corrupt Historical Data after Power Reboot (Using USB 4 Boot) - TL-MR3020V3 - SW 4.3)

Post by vortexya »

I am having a very similar issue but I have admin set to "get latest on reboot " I am on SW v4.4.
After using a weatherflow SWS for the last few years I upgraded to a Tempest and the sensor mappings became misconfigured so I did a hard reset,
The sensors were then mapped correctly for the Tempest and began reporting, Unfortunately the historical data that was loaded came from yesterday (after I had installed the tempest so the only data loaded was for the previous few hours)
Is there some way I can retrieve the data from a week ago or another previous point. ?
I had saved a config file from a few months back but when loaded it again caused the sensor mapping confusion.
Scratching my head here .
Cheers
Gary

robweb5mm
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by robweb5mm »

Corrupt Historical Data after Power Reboot (Using USB to Boot) - TL-MR3020V3 - SW 4.3)

Hi Boris,

Are you able to confirm that data is now restored without errors when booting from USB please.

Thanks a lot. Rob.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

didn't test.