Meteobridge now available for TP-Link WR902AC Version 3.x

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Meteobridge now available for TP-Link WR902AC Version 3.x

Post by admin »

WLAN of the WR902AC is not working with the native OPENWRT tools. Meteobridge does use a workaround. Please go through a factory reset cycle, when you played with the OPENWRT stuff which most probably will ruin the config files.

WLAN works in 2.4GHz. If it does not for you, credentials or something else was wrong.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

Firmware flash image is replaced by a better working one. If you have your unit flashing on all LEDs please install flash image again.
http://connect.meteobridge.com/files/me ... 3-v1.3.bin

TFTP server IP changed to 192.168.0.225.

Wiki has been updated in this respect.

usmc124
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by usmc124 »

I I attempted the various methods of getting v1.3 loaded onto a WR902AC and nothing has worked. Specifically- the firmware loads via TFTP (shows 100% successful) but then all lights - blink on/off slowly. I tried to go back to stock firmware but no go (all lights flashing after successful tftp transfer; tried with and without cutting bits from header). I assumed the unit was "hard-bricked" but then tried reyesrau's method (wrt) and I did successfully get that to load/ install. That is where i am at now. Attempted 3x to load meteobridge via wrt webpage firmware update with meteobridge 1.3 and it states "does not appear to be a valid upgrade file". I renamed the meteobridge bin file "sysupgrade.bin". Is that correct? Or should i be naming it something else? I at a loss- any assistance is greatly appreciated. I can't possibly be the only one not able to successfully load this firmware. Note- I am currently running a 3020v1 for a couple years but i would like to have a standby replacement (warm spare) if needed- and just transfer the license (when-if).

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

After the changes explained in my last post here, TFTP flashing works fine. I tried it with various WR902AC V3 clients.

RABrand
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by RABrand »

I have re-flashed my WR902AC V3.x with the new and improved binary, and did not need to use reyesrau's workaround as I did previously to achieve a successful flash. However, I could not get the new IP address 192.168.0.225/24 to work at all with tftp, and was forced to use IP address 192.168.0.66/24, as specified in the TP-Link and OpenWRT documentation.
Has anyone managed to use the WLAN?? I can select my SSID from the dropdown, and enter all other essential information, including the passphrase for my WiFi router. When I save and reboot, the Meteobridge makes no attempt to connect to my WiFi router. I am using the same information on the Meteobridge WLAN setup that I have used successfully on other devices, so I am not understanding what could be wrong.
Also, I see that the WLAN has a different MAC address than the LAN port. If I manage to switch to the WLAN, will it affect my license??

Thanks for your patience!

Ron B.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

WLAN and LAN adapter have different MAC. Meteobridge does use one of those for identification. License is not affected by this.
WR902AC does work fine in my WLAN, Please be aware that it only supports 2.4 GHz although the device can handle 5 GHz as well.

josecmorales
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by josecmorales »

I bought a WR902AC V3.8 on Amazon, cost it almost 50$, i flashed it and works OK, what i need to change the license from my old TL-MR3020V1 to this newone?
The weather in Guayana, Venezuela
@climaguayana

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

just send old and new MAC to "info(at)meteobridge.com".

garobb
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by garobb »

I have been attempting to flash a wr902acv3 with SolarWinds tftp server on Windows 10 home, following the directions on Meteobridge website preparing the hardware, but I can't get past the error:

"can't read from local file...."

Can anyone help with this?
Also, I'm not entirely clear on the sequence of operations.

galfert
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by galfert »

Use this a general guide to better understand what is required. Obviously you will be using the Meteobridge download file instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW5fpOWpI0I

Also if you want more help you are going to have to give us more information. You haven't told us what you have done and what step you are stuck on that you are getting that error. When you are stuck on a step it is usually not that step that is a problem but what you did wrong before you got to that step.
Meteobridge RPI | GW1000

garobb
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by garobb »

Thanks for the help. The YouTube video suggested by galfert is very clear and was the key to my successful flashing of the wr902acv3 with Meteobridge firmware. He uses tftpd32/64 which for me worked well and has a nice user interface. Turning off Windows firewall was key also.