Switch to MyCommerce for License Payment

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Switch to MyCommerce for License Payment

Post by admin » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:51 am

Starting this week all payments for initial Meteobridge licenses or 2 year update licenses are no longer routed through PayPal but through MyCommerce. This gives you much more payment options (PayPal, CreditCards, etc) and takes the burden to handle all the country specific tax handling from our plate. Apart from that nothing has changed. Prices are the same, license terms are the same, just the payment process has changed slightly.

If you experience problems, please drop a note at "info(at)meteobridge.com".

BigAlT
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Re: Switch to MyCommerce for License Payment

Post by BigAlT » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:48 pm

I would suggest you also have PayPal directly as an alternate payment method as the online reviews of MyCommerce are very mixed with many negative reviews on their failure to deliver the software purchased, their charging customers for items not purchased and their complete lack of customer service and failure to respond to emails.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:30 pm

I haven't noticed any draw backs so far and I definitely have a need to streamline the payment processes to reduce accounting complexity which keeps me from investing time into the products itself. As I did choose the most direct and easiest MyCommerce integration (by them sending licenses codes from a stack of provided codes) I would not expect any issues around that. Doing a more intense integration with API calls to any of my back-end system would impose more error options and I fear that customer complaints are more related to that, which can also have root causes at the providers' side instead of MyCommerce.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up and I will watch.

BigAlT
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by BigAlT » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:46 pm

Thanks for the quick response. Luckily I have a year and a half before I need to renew my Nano SD license and by then you should be well aware of any problems. I’m mostly concerned with reports that when registering with e-commerce to use PayPal you need to add them to your PayPal account which they’ve used to subscribe some customers to software services and monthly charges they never signed up for or authorized and never responded to emails forcing these customers to file claims with PayPal.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:18 pm

I know that MyCommerce offers subscription options when selling a service, but I do not use these options so there is IMHO no risk to Meteobridge clients. Nevertheless, I will take care and will respond on any payment issue.

WA4OPQ
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
Location: Tennessee, USA About 40 miles west of Nashville y'all.

Post by WA4OPQ » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:41 am

I have a remotely operated Meteobridge that is still running 3.7.
Today I logged into it to renew the license and upgrade.
The upgrade logo still says PayPal and when I click on it I get only a blank screen.

Is this because I am logging in remotely, or is there another problem?

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:33 am

It should forward you to this page: https://admin.meteobridge.com/payment.html

You can also browse to it directly, in the course of the process you get a license key which you then can insert on Meteobridge "License" tab. Press the button next to the license input field (can't remember what the text on it is, might be "apply" or "save" or something like that). Then reboot to have changes applied.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:53 am

There was a bug in forwarding to the mycommerce site instead of using paypal. Everyone who experienced a white screen when pressing the PayPal button should please reboot the Meteobridge and try again. Thanks.