Weather34 MB-SMART NANOSD TEMPLATE

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Weather34 MB-SMART NANOSD TEMPLATE

Post by weatherist34 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:09 pm

xxvincixx wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:11 pm
weatherist34 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:56 pm
ha ok very sorry I run out of time to push a new update earlier and the program I use for zipping files(Keka) I don't have on my iPad ..anyway update pushed just now 16-01-2020update.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dkrpofq0a ... e.zip/file

it basically is the whole console alternative layout without the console-settings.php file . have fun..
after update 16/01..!!!
always provide a URL you deleted the last one from your previous post ?

THE NAG screen is telling you something is not right i.e is it path to MBrealtimeupload.txt ? not using NANOSD or MB pro ? template not compatible with MR3020 type or similar.

xxvincixx
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by xxvincixx » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:16 pm

weatherist34 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:09 pm
xxvincixx wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:11 pm
weatherist34 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:56 pm
ha ok very sorry I run out of time to push a new update earlier and the program I use for zipping files(Keka) I don't have on my iPad ..anyway update pushed just now 16-01-2020update.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dkrpofq0a ... e.zip/file

it basically is the whole console alternative layout without the console-settings.php file . have fun..
after update 16/01..!!!
always provide a URL you deleted the last one from your previous post ?

THE NAG screen is telling you something is not right i.e is it path to MBrealtimeupload.txt ? not using NANOSD or MB pro ? template not compatible with MR3020 type or similar.
hello, now I have restored the backup I had made just before doing the update via filezilla (going to overwrite the files) ... i've nano sd
http://lamiastazionemeteo.altervista.or ... /index.php#

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:22 pm

when you have an issue just include a url normally nail the problem in one post .. likelihood you had not set the path or incorrectly to the MBrealtimeupload.txt possibly just overwrote it i dunno but if your up again i wouldnt worry about updating unless you use the console layout as thats is in the update . have fun ...brian

xxvincixx
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by xxvincixx » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:26 pm

weatherist34 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:22 pm
when you have an issue just include a url normally nail the problem in one post .. likelihood you had not set the path or incorrectly to the MBrealtimeupload.txt possibly just overwrote it i dunno but if your up again i wouldnt worry about updating unless you use the console layout as thats is in the update . have fun ...brian
now try again, in case I send the link directly here to show you ...

xxvincixx
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by xxvincixx » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:28 pm

weatherist34 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:22 pm
http://lamiastazionemeteo.altervista.or ... /index.php same error...

maybe I understood the mistake ..

edit 2:solved ;)

hrvistaweather
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by hrvistaweather » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:28 pm

Hi Brian,
Thank you kind sire for the quick response, all uploaded and 180 Moon Rotation works perfect, thank you.

http://beaumaris-weather.com/pwsMB/cons ... charts.php

Yes I guess the WxSim will take a while to sort, thank you.
i noticed on xxvincixx site that there is an issue with the Clocks, when I looked at his (http://lamiastazionemeteo.altervista.or ... /index.php) it was correct time but (1) one hour ahead of his console page (http://lamiastazionemeteo.altervista.or ... edavis.php).

As mine is in DST I did the following changes to :
Main Site : updater.php
and in Console : weather34-clockmod.php and weather34-clockphone.php

Files attached :
Downloads.zip
(6.61 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Thanks Simon, still a lot to do on property and weather site, but getting there slowly, I enjoy a Guinness now and then too.

Kind Regards,
Tony

ConligWX
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by ConligWX » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:36 am

Brian. just uploaded pws to a new test folder and setup some settings, its not live at present, but I noticed the 9 main module headings were missaligned slightly.

the heading titles are not centered on my webserver. not sure if anyone else sees this problem and it is after all a cosmetic issue.

I've circled the headings and you can see they are not centered horizontally like the rest of the headings. They are all seem to be lower aligned rather than center aligned.

checked Tonys site and they are shown the same as well.

http://beaumaris-weather.com/pwsMB/

is there a css value that needs changing?
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (170.33 KiB) Viewed 298 times

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:13 am

ConligWX wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:36 am
Brian. just uploaded pws to a new test folder and setup some settings, its not live at present, but I noticed the 9 main module headings were missaligned slightly.

the heading titles are not centered on my webserver. not sure if anyone else sees this problem and it is after all a cosmetic issue.

I've circled the headings and you can see they are not centered horizontally like the rest of the headings. They are all seem to be lower aligned rather than center aligned.

checked Tonys site and they are shown the same as well.

http://beaumaris-weather.com/pwsMB/

is there a css value that needs changing?

Capture.JPG
hi colin

im not seeing this however i will say the area has to cater for word length variations across different languages where some may be longer or shorter .. no easy balance when designing for multiple languages .. hence i would happily drop them tomorrow if I was ignorant of non native english users but its the best i can do cater for other languages . when dealing with height centering are you using firefox ? chrome ?

tony that download becareful updater.php its configured for wxsim anyone who plops that in will get a blank forecast area if not using wxsim..

ConligWX
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by ConligWX » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:33 pm

weatherist34 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:13 am

hi colin

im not seeing this however i will say the area has to cater for word length variations across different languages where some may be longer or shorter .. no easy balance when designing for multiple languages .. hence i would happily drop them tomorrow if I was ignorant of non native english users but its the best i can do cater for other languages . when dealing with height centering are you using firefox ? chrome ?

tony that download becareful updater.php its configured for wxsim anyone who plops that in will get a blank forecast area if not using wxsim..
ok I am using chrome for the time being.

I also noticed if I make the width of the browser smaller so instead of 3 columns side by side are shown, it shows two columns the issue goes away.

here's the screenshot.

not worried really just thought i'd point this anomaly out...

PS, I'm not colin, who is? lol
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (43.13 KiB) Viewed 287 times
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (35.55 KiB) Viewed 287 times

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:51 pm

sorry simon , conlig puts me in colin mode :D

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:24 pm

try attached zip let me know a very minor adjustment to align not much room to play with..
simon.png
simon.png (239.1 KiB) Viewed 282 times
weather34dashboard.dark.css.zip
(24.45 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

rzelle-K1TTC
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by rzelle-K1TTC » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:35 pm

Hi Brian,

I have to say you have done a Great Job with adding the Alternative Console. I have it running on the iPad in the kitchen it draws a lot of positive comments and we're referring to it frequently during the day.
I've been keeping my site up to date if anyone needs to see a US site otherwise been just keeping up with the thread.

73s

..Ron
https://weather.k1ttc.com/index.php

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:03 pm

hello ron

im glad you find it useful we do something similar on the balcony here and I ordered 2 more low cost android OEM tablets on Monday from china plan to put one in the entrance of our property but actually build it into the wall so it looks like it was made for the wall bit hard to describe but hate seeing cables :-) and one in our new place if the internet ever gets connected there.. the whole idea was based on Skeuomorphism !! Huh ! What is Skeuomorphism ?
Skeuomorphism too break it down into layman's terms it is a design interface that uses objects/appearance that mimic their real-world counterparts or in this case make the elements more relative for ease of understanding not just to enthusiasts but a wider audience that means my wife basically . !

if you get that right it works well in the home environment for all and doesn't look like some industrial piece of kit :-) as I always said if my wife can understand it Im onto to something of use ..

These low cost android os screens are a good way to go there not heavy neither ugly just simple plastic chassis led screened and a simple card slot.. more on these in the future ...have fun Ron...and glad you got a winter for us third year without any sign of snow or sub zero temperatures above normal ..first 11 years I was here it bucketed down every year without fail...

xxvincixx
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by xxvincixx » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:39 pm

weatherist34 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:03 pm
hello ron

im glad you find it useful we do something similar on the balcony here and I ordered 2 more low cost android OEM tablets on Monday from china plan to put one in the entrance of our property but actually build it into the wall so it looks like it was made for the wall bit hard to describe but hate seeing cables :-) and one in our new place if the internet ever gets connected there.. the whole idea was based on Skeuomorphism !! Huh ! What is Skeuomorphism ?
Skeuomorphism too break it down into layman's terms it is a design interface that uses objects/appearance that mimic their real-world counterparts or in this case make the elements more relative for ease of understanding not just to enthusiasts but a wider audience that means my wife basically . !

if you get that right it works well in the home environment for all and doesn't look like some industrial piece of kit :-) as I always said if my wife can understand it Im onto to something of use ..

These low cost android os screens are a good way to go there not heavy neither ugly just simple plastic chassis led screened and a simple card slot.. more on these in the future ...have fun Ron...and glad you got a winter for us third year without any sign of snow or sub zero temperatures above normal ..first 11 years I was here it bucketed down every year without fail...
hello brian, I noticed that there are 3 different graphics ... how can I have what you or the other user have ??? thank you

3th is mine

http://lamiastazionemeteo.altervista.or ... /index.php
Attachments
Annotazione 2020-01-16 173615.jpg
Annotazione 2020-01-16 173615.jpg (70.59 KiB) Viewed 249 times
Annotazione 2020-01-16 173547.jpg
Annotazione 2020-01-16 173547.jpg (79.56 KiB) Viewed 249 times
Annotazione 2020-01-16 173515.jpg
Annotazione 2020-01-16 173515.jpg (85.92 KiB) Viewed 249 times

garybridge
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by garybridge » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:45 pm

Hello Brian,

Just a couple of quick questions about the v2 Template and the update / updater.

Are the updates Incremental or cumulative. In other words If you did an update tomorrow would it also contain yesterday’s update even if tomorrow’s update

If not

When and if you do an update do you automatically replace everything you have changed in the main download?

Thanks

Gary