Weather34 TEMPLATE

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

prestwickwx
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: Weather34 TEMPLATE

Post by prestwickwx »

Hi Brian,

The new Sun-Moon - nice. :D

Thanks,

Chuck
https://myrtleweather.com/
Myrtle Beach WX @ Prestwick

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

Good afternoon

before I go ahead and release this addition can you tell me what you think ..basically bar relative indicators added to temp/hum related modules and shifted trend in to box. ??

views.jpg
views.jpg (81.27 KiB) Viewed 482 times

prestwickwx
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by prestwickwx »

Hi Brian,

I like it. It blends well with the other recently updated modules. Glad to see that you kept the trend values.

Best wishes,

Chuck
https://myrtleweather.com/
Myrtle Beach WX @ Prestwick

xray77
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by xray77 »

Hello Brian,
It look's nice, same opinion like Chuck..., but i have a wish: can you put the rain-sum from previous day in the rain module-bottom? that would be very nice for me too... ;-)

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

xray77 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:18 pm
Hello Brian,
It look's nice, same opinion like Chuck..., but i have a wish: can you put the rain-sum from previous day in the rain module-bottom? that would be very nice for me too... ;-)
something like this ?

shift the rain rate to indicators and add yesterday to the right column ..
Screenshot at Sep 30 18-45-24.png
Screenshot at Sep 30 18-45-24.png (17.31 KiB) Viewed 462 times

xray77
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by xray77 »

Brian,
absolutely perfect!! :D :D

jasonmfarrow
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by jasonmfarrow »

weatherist34 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:50 pm
Good afternoon

before I go ahead and release this addition can you tell me what you think ..basically bar relative indicators added to temp/hum related modules and shifted trend in to box. ??

views.jpg
Brian, will these bars adapt for negative temperatures? Clearly less likely where you are but quite probably here in the UK. A certainty in parts of the norther USA and Canada.
Regards
Jason
jmfweather.uk | @jasonmfarrow

BigAlT
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by BigAlT »

I just updated to the latest Nano SD module and see a few bugs in two of the top 4 modules.
The Min Max Wind Gust Annual Module says TMAX-MIN WIND GUST ANNUAL in the title and both display circles say Min. The actual display numbers in both circles are accurate. The min-Max Temp Annual Module displays both temps correctly ( the actual Temp in degrees F as set in settings ). The Min Temp display circle is the correct color of blue for degrees F and the temp display symbol is the correct F. However the Max display circle, while it does display the correct Max temp in degrees F, the circle is in Orange and the temp display symbol is a C.

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

jasonmfarrow wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:09 pm
weatherist34 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:50 pm
Good afternoon

views.jpg
Brian, will these bars adapt for negative temperatures? Clearly less likely where you are but quite probably here in the UK. A certainty in parts of the norther USA and Canada.
yes in the best way achievable without introducing a javascript library sticking with pure css , we also have to cater for non metric scaling and metric scaling ( -5c is a still positive number in non metric 23F .. -10C=14F and so on ) in all aspects not just our own back yard. these are just relative indicators not scientific merely serves as a quick indicator however Im leaning towards are they really necessary ?

@xray77 rain module finished liked this only way without having to re align everything and introduce a mass of new css ..

@BigAit old 2018 version of dashboard ? Williams version ? please provide a url..

screenshot of indicators metric/non metric
newm.jpg
newm.jpg (71.08 KiB) Viewed 414 times

xray77
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by xray77 »

Brian,
This is completely ok, I am very happy with the new rain module if it makes it into the upcoming update, thank you very much!
The bars are a nice presentation, people are more receptive to visual impressions than to text, so I think the bars are a good idea.
best regards
Mike

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

xray77 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:17 am
Brian,
This is completely ok, I am very happy with the new rain module if it makes it into the upcoming update, thank you very much!
The bars are a nice presentation, people are more receptive to visual impressions than to text, so I think the bars are a good idea.
best regards
Mike
definitely introduce the rain module update later , i understand about color its how my wife pretty much interprets the good and bad in presentation not just in weather. also i was teaching a few grade 6-8 students about photography a few years ago i took the opportunity to show them a weather template i was designing in early stages ,i showed them a none color based one and color based one and asked what is the current temperature etc instantly all answers were correct on color version in a matter of seconds but non color based required some thought..none of the students were interested in or had a background in weather..😁

xray77
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by xray77 »

Brian,
:D :D You have given the best example of human perception! By the way, my wife also likes it more with the bar's..., On your own page (Istanbul) we can already admire that. ;-)

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

may be later not sure , with that I have positioned the wind indicators to match position of temp,dew,hum, rain .

takes time to crosscheck across metrics thankfully no languages in these additions :-)

wi.jpg
wi.jpg (136.37 KiB) Viewed 396 times

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

i have pushed these to the github master for now.. knowing me ive probably cocked up something in non metric so ill await for a few hours to see if ive messed up..xray77 thanks for ideas and feedback it all inspires when feasible..brian

BigAlT
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by BigAlT »

Brian,
I did a full reinstall of the latest Weather 34 module for the Nano SD by doing a reset of the Weather 34 Dashboard.
Here’s a screenshot of my current dashboard:

Al
Attachments
6D90C6D3-0895-4B31-976B-E8F71CA1FBFD.jpeg
6D90C6D3-0895-4B31-976B-E8F71CA1FBFD.jpeg (492.22 KiB) Viewed 369 times