Weather34 TEMPLATE

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

prestwickwx
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Weather34 TEMPLATE

Post by prestwickwx »

weatherist34 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:22 pm
ok no problem easy todo if you want it...just a couple of css lines... as for sleep kind of addicted to a program on discovery channel at the moment called street outlaws OKC 405 doesnt come on till 11:30..wife got me a farmtruck poster :D

there was a bad css bug in release earlier thanks to sean balfour for spotting it was in the solar radiation module the one used for those without a uv sensor..so update was downloaded..

(*Final-9.34z Update for 26th October 00:01)
* Final update for this version
* Contains fixes solar radiation module + bft alignment ref Sean Balfour
Hi Brian,

I have the update and it looks great! :D

Cheers,

Chuck
https://myrtleweather.com/
Myrtle Beach WX @ Prestwick

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

dc.kraft wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:26 pm
dc.kraft wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:03 pm
Nevertheless I have a small topic....
unfortunately a bug has crept in with the last update from 26.10. ....
The display Beofourt is now completely in English again, apparently the German language has fallen out....
I have modified the data as much as possible, but I think that a small update is necessary.....
updated..thank you..more eyes the better especially languages :-)

(*Final-9.34z Update for 26th October 16:06)
* Final update for this version
* Adds missing language support for beaufort module ref DC Kraft...
* Updates barometer mmHG module with max/min times..

dc.kraft
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by dc.kraft »

Hello, supieee great now it fits again :D :D

woolfg
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by woolfg »

Hi Brian

I would like to move my luftdaten AQ readings to my indoor module too as the sensor is indoors

Do I just do the same as you described above

Regards

Graham

dc.kraft
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by dc.kraft »

Hello Brian,

I still have a little question ???
what does this mean in line 15'' <realfeel><?php echo '15" '. $lang['Average']." "; [/color]??? from the PHP file beaufortmod.php
The meaning of 15'' is not clear to me...
Okay, I was thinking?
Could it be that we're talking about a 15-minute average?

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

in the module it actually is minutes " but I wasn't too happy with that but sometimes messing around with design multiple languages is a nightmare so sometimes I look for a simple way out ..so it will become this ..too tired to update page and download tonight so will do it in the morning ..

dck.jpg
dck.jpg (143.02 KiB) Viewed 1115 times

xray77
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by xray77 »

Brian,
It seem's so, you have a little bug in the actual "gustmod-php": the max-10''-Value is identical to the daymax-value.. You have replaced the
if($weather["wind_speed_max"]>=50 && $weather["wind_units"]=="km/h"){echo "<red>" .number_format($weather["wind_speed_max"],1)."</red>&nbsp;";}
in older version to

if($weather["wind_gust_speed_max"]>=50 && $weather["wind_units"]=="km/h"){echo "<red>" ....number_format($weather["wind_gust_speed_max"],1)."</red>&nbsp;";}
in newest version..

Best regards and have a silent and good night
Mike
priv. Weatherstation Buedelsdorf SH Germany
https://www.buedelsdorfwetter.de/Aurora-MKII

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

(*Final-9.34z Update for 27th October 00:01)
* Hoping this is the Final update for this version..inshallah ...iyi geceler!
* Corrections to wind gust ref Mike

dc.kraft
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by dc.kraft »

Hello everybody,

a small question is the current update 27-10-2020-Final-34z- the final status ? :D :D
Or will you get a last one today which reflects the state of your screenshot Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:02 pm ?? :D :D

Greetings Dieter

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

i am really trying to finish this off has i have had enough of doing it.. all i do is respond to issues raised the template seriously has gone beyond my capabilities and all I do is keep making errors . my own site weather34 has no languages, does not need to cater for ms,mph,kmh,kts and what ever else the metrics are different.. my own site is 50% smaller simply i dont need a the wide variety of options as required,requested by end users.. so you can question as much as you like but my simple aim is to finish it and leave it , if an issue is raised i try to fix it and to keep it simple this is released by a simple update which makes it simple if your are not directly hard coding your own personal modifications. as you can probably tell I have had lost the enthusiasm completely and due to my errors i keep doing its telling me its gone beyond my capabilities so i just want to finish and forget ASAP.. my enthusiasm waned when meteobridge changed its process with inclusion of mixing various brands and having capabilities of assigning sensors .

sorry im not enthusiastic anymore but 5 years on the template has become a complete chore to maintain. i can honestly say if language support was not a requirement this would be very easy to manage but language support absolutely limits many simple design ideas languages need scrutiny when applying a design idea many of design idea gets scrapped due to languages other than english do not align correctly or need more space .

I simply say once any issues are eradicated thats it from me for a very long time and the requirements will be just to issue downloads and help those who need help if they have never owned or used a website before.. you will notice i only respond to fix my own errors created im honest enough to admit these are my errors but I also believe I have gone beyond my comfort zone or capabilities .

with that lets hope ive nailed most issues that effects most,I am not interested in accommodating personal requirements any longer its safer if anyone using this template is using a replica of the master download throw in hardcoded personal modifications then i cant help you as we not on the same boat..have a good day.. remember its always been free ,done out of being an hobby not a business or means to monetize ...brian

dc.kraft
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by dc.kraft »

I can understand and understand it well...
Personally, I was just a little insecure or irritated.
Basically I am so enthusiastic, my current update of today is running perfectly and without further errors!
I am sure that it will continue and it is clear that your own modifications must of course be supervised by yourself. Therefore I can absolutely understand your statements.

I personally am absolutely enthusiastic and a fan of Weather34 Weather Station Template !!

In this sense I will see you soon with maybe new or modified themes :D :D
Dieter

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

as you can see I just release to issues raised that I am not familiar with I could just ignore those but I simply try to cater for those .. and using the simple update method introduces absolutely no burden on the end user in terms of applying an update. end user requires requires zero experience or coding knowledge to apply these . old methods used to introduce end user error probability either due to lack of coding knowledge or using a non standard editing method . so all efforts have been made too minimize inconvenience however that said that doesn't eradicate issues I cause but Ive done my upmost best too eradicate those ASAP..Im human and like all humans we make mistakes unknowingly based on WHAT IF being overlooked !

as for themes that would just be another mess to introduce ...themes I use are simply two both based on color matching using a Pantone color palette app I simply just desaturate colors from the original palette which 90% is used with HSL(A) has this allows finer colorization differences without being to BOLD and windows 98 looking :-) as below simply I dont have to remember color codes each time I just simply apply a common phrase/variable ...example would be css
color:var(--dark);
background:var(--orange);...and so on

:root {
--white: hsl(0, 0%, 100%);
--light: hsl(0, 0%, 96%);
--dark: hsl(200, 18%, 3%);
--dark-popup: hsl(200, 18%, 3%);
--dark-light: hsla(0, 0%, 0%, 0.251);
--dark-toggle: hsl(202, 8%, 46%);
--dark-caption: rgba(66, 70, 72, 0.429);

(*Final-9.34z Update for 27th October 12:40)
* Hoping this is the Final update for this version..inshallah !
* Applies format for KTS output
* MS/KTS indicators aligned

dc.kraft
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by dc.kraft »

Hello again me,
i have a final question about the date my wind scale looks like this ....
Dieter.png
Dieter.png (48.97 KiB) Viewed 1172 times
but your display looks completely different if I do something wrong while updating the template ???
Attachments
Yours.png
Yours.png (56.59 KiB) Viewed 1172 times

ToTo
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by ToTo »

Hello Brian,

I once updated my NanoSD to firmware 5.0 and the template to 9.34Z. I use the Edge Chromium under Win10, there are some points shifted:
console.jpg
console.jpg (207.27 KiB) Viewed 1169 times

On the weekend we had the time change to wintertime again, I have to correct the UTC offset in the options from 2 to 1, so that my local time fits again. Wouldn't it be better to use the local time of the Meteobridge, then it would always fit, without any manual intervention?

best regards
Torsten

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

ToTo wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:20 pm
Hello Brian,

I once updated my NanoSD to firmware 5.0 and the template to 9.34Z. I use the Edge Chromium under Win10, there are some points shifted:

console.jpg

On the weekend we had the time change to wintertime again, I have to correct the UTC offset in the options from 2 to 1, so that my local time fits again. Wouldn't it be better to use the local time of the Meteobridge, then it would always fit, without any manual intervention?

best regards
Torsten
was one little piece of code missing width value in svg $max1='<svg version="1.1" x="0px" y="10px" width="pt" height="5pt"

told you mind blowing yet all other browsers render it ok :-)

just imagine we all spoke same language, used same metrics,used same browser, used same timezone how life developing would be so simple ...

(*Final-9.34z Update for 27th October 13:49)
* Hoping this is the Final update for this version..inshallah !
* Fix missing width of max icon for chrome ref Torsten
* Applies format for KTS output
* MS/KTS indicators aligned