Meteobridge pro - not receiving outdoor sensor **solved** data

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

Elliot97
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Meteobridge pro - not receiving outdoor sensor **solved** data

Post by Elliot97 »

Dear all,

I am in need of some help... I have hit a brick wall :(

Recently my company purchased a Davis Vantage Pro 2 wireless and a Meteobridge PRO. I set it all up and it worked perfectly, indoor and outdoor sensors were communicating well with the Meteobridge and uploading data to the built in interface with no problem. Similarly, I joined Weather Underground and it was updating every minute.

However, since the 17th of August the Meteobridge has stopped receiving data from the outdoor sensors. The Weather station is still functioning perfectly, live data can be viewed on the Davis Console as per usual showing outdoor sensor data. I have tried everything, changing the decibels, hard rebooting ect, nothing is fixing this issue. The settings were the exact same as when it was working perfectly, so nothing has been changed. The wifi went down on the 17th for a bit, but apart from that nothing else has happened.

What do you all recommend? really lost with this

Thanks

Joe

BigAlT
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re: Meteobridge pro - not receiving outdoor sensor data

Post by BigAlT »

Did you setup both the Pro and your Router to use a static ( fixed ) IP address for the Pro ?. If not, when your WiFi went down, your router may have given the Pro a new IP address. Use ip scan to check your Pro’s IP address.

Elliot97
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Elliot97 »

Thanks for the reply, that is a great suggestion! I have checked and the IP address is the same, so it hasn't reset

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk »

The IP address isn't going to stop the MBPro reading the sensor data, no sensor data on the MBPro but on the console would tend to indicate an issue between the MBPro and ISS?

What is the distance from the MBPro to the ISS? Are you able to log into the MBPro and check the [Live Data] tab, what does it tell you? What about the [Upload Status] tab, green ticks or red crosses?

Not related but is there a reason to run WiFi and not cable?

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

Can you please post screen dumps of "Live Data" tab and of "Station" tab? I guess you can still reach the Web interface and just receiving sensors RF data is giving you a headache.

martin
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by martin »

Hi,

is this problem solved, if yes, how?
I have a simmilar problem meteobridge does not passthough the outdoor temp anymore from my wmr200 station since a few days.

can some help me too?
thanks

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

There have not been any changes on the wmr200 driver for years, so I would like to rule out a Meteobridge SW issue.