bad gateway NANO SD

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

Flurk1967
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

bad gateway NANO SD

Post by Flurk1967 »

I can give the nano SD a fixed IP.
After reboot i can connect to the nano.
By License i say "save and apply".
Then i go to Wheater Networks".
As last i go to "system" and then a have te message in al my browsers ((MAC - PC), Android - IOS,) "Bad Gateway".
Wathever i do i keep this message.
I have done 5 factory reset and the number of configs and reboots.

I can read te data from "Davis Vantage Pro2" into the weatherlink prg.

galfert
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: bad gateway NANO SD

Post by galfert »

Instead of giving your NANO a static IP, I recommend instead that you go to your router and set up a DHCP IP address reservation. This requires that you log into your router interface and under the DHCP reservations you add a reservation using the MAC network address of the NANO. You can see the MAC network address of the NANO in the system tab under information. You can also probably find it printed on the NANO itself. Then just keep the NANO configured for DHCP.

Doing it this way has several benefits instead of setting it up with a static IP:
- The NANO will always get the same IP address. It's like a static IP in a sense.
- The router DHCP service then knows about address you reserved and it won't assign it to any other device. No IP conflicts.
- The NANO then can always be reachable even if you change out router as the new router will give it an address on its network. It may not be the address you want but you'll be able to reach it. Sometimes if the subnet changes with a new router people have a hard time getting back into devices with static IP. This is not a problem for devices that use DHCP.
- If you forget your router's DHCP reservation, you can always look in the DHCP reservations lists for it. Not so simple if you forget a static IP though.

I think the problem you are having is that you may have entered a static IP but you did not enter in the correct gateway address into the static settings. But I don't recommend fixing this per my statements above, as my approach is a better method to accomplish what you need. A big problem some people get into when they set a static IP onto a device is that they forget to either exclude that used address from the DHCP pool or they don't also make it a reservation which can lead into IP conflicts when the router assigns that address to something else.
MR3020 v1
GW1000

Flurk1967
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Flurk1967 »

The same problem with A dynamic IP.
The router (cisco) has a reservationpool for the fixed IP's. e.g.: 192.168.0.2-192.168.0.100

tomorrow i'll try to do it with the mac reservation.

galfert
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by galfert »

What model Cisco router?
Is this an enterprise network? Because if yes then there could be a number of constraints to deal with.
MR3020 v1
GW1000

Flurk1967
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Flurk1967 »

A simple cisco RV220W soho router.

galfert
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by galfert »

Okay I'm familiar with those. Those are simple enough small business type. Similar to the RV320 that I've worked on.

Is your RV220W running the lastest 1.0.7.2 firmware version? If not I recommend updating it:
https://software.cisco.com/download/hom ... .7.2?i=!pp

I've read some of the release notes of some earlier firmware versions and there are some DHCP issues. In particular if DHCP option 66 was used and soe other issues. Do you know if you have option 66 enabled on the router? Option 66 is used to configure a TFTP server on the network...sometimes this is needed for VOIP devices or other hardware. But this issue was resolved with the latest firmware it seems. This router though is getting a bit long in the tooth with support for it ending in 2015 (no firmware updates since then). For security reasons you should consider a newer router. But I won't give up on it if you want to continue (for now). By this I still don't mean that you should ignore this advice.

Is the IP address of the RV220W 192.168.0.1? And is the subnet mask for the network 255.255.255.0?
Are there any VLANs configured?

If I'm getting too technical, let me know. I can better explain these things.

If you can provide some screenshots of some of the router configuration pages then that could help also. Maybe that is a better way.
MR3020 v1
GW1000

Flurk1967
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Flurk1967 »

Firmware Version 1.0.7.2
TFTP Server and Configuration File (Option 66/150 & 67) is nog enabled.
192.168.0.1 (gateway)
255.255.255.0 subnetmask.

The ISP cable router is connected to my HP V1910-48 G then i go to de cisco and from the cisco i go back to the switch. The first ports 1-10 (vlan1) are for the public IP's (Digibox - Digicorder) and then 11 - 30 (vlan 0) they have the DHCP from te router - the other ports are for testing.
The AccesPoint is a LAPAC1750PRO AC1750 Pro Dual Band Access Point and he is on the LAN-site.

The last month i've been looking for another new router/firewall. :D

galfert
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by galfert »

Ok wow. We have 3 network devices to contend with, including a layer 3 switch with VLANs. There could be a lot possible configuration issues. I dont think I could wrap my head around this network unless I was in it. PM me if you would like me to remote in.
MR3020 v1
GW1000

Flurk1967
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Flurk1967 »

I have found it!
With SD card it takes 20-30 min for a boot and the message "bat gateway"
if I give him a reset it will take a good 20 minutes before I can approach him. The manual says 2 minutes.
I removed the sd card and i have access to the menus. Whitout the sd card is the boottime less then 2 minutes.
The new firmware is uploaded.

galfert
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by galfert »

That is odd. Is that an SD card that you provided? Or did it come with it?
The NANO only supports special SD cards.
See section "Choice of microSD Card"
https://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/index. ... ge_NANO_SD
Last edited by galfert on Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MR3020 v1
GW1000

Flurk1967
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Flurk1967 »

It did come with it (swissbit 2 GB). I have tested the sd card on my computer. I can format it and put photo's on it.
I put the card back in and have a start-up time of 20-30 min and the message bad gateway. I think that the card reader is broken.
I have been searching for at least 16h.

Galfert thanks for helping to find a solution.

Greetings from Belgium.

Flurk1967
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Flurk1967 »

galfert
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by galfert »

Maybe Boris will have an idea why it takes so long to boot. Hopefully he will read this thread.
MR3020 v1
GW1000

Flurk1967
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Flurk1967 »

I sent him an e-mail the day before yesterday. I'm waiting for his reply

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

sorry, there are tons of things around my head. Are you still stuck with this?