Looking for "Beta Tester" on new Multi-Station Feature

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Looking for "Beta Tester" on new Multi-Station Feature

Post by admin »

We have a first beta ready that allows to connect MULTIPLE weather stations (via USB serial, USB HID, TCPIP) to a Meteobridge.
As this is really a big code change, I would prefer to have a few brave testers on this before pulling it out to the public.

Any brave volunteers? Please send your Meteobridge MAC via PM so that you are on this new code after a reboot.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Looking for "Beta Tester" on new Multi-Station Feature

Post by admin »

First tests look not too bad. 4 connected stations:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-03 um 21.00.18.png
Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-03 um 21.00.18.png (166.42 KiB) Viewed 376 times

lightmaster
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by lightmaster »

Would this allow you connect a Raspberry Pi with a AS3935 sensor to a NanoSD so your NanoSD can get local lightning data?

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

Not in the first step. The former product Meteohub did allow to define "Plugins" that are user defined code which deliver data in a format Meteohub can process. These plugins can for example be a shell script that connects to some sensor and pipes lines like "lgt0total 123" to the Meteohub.
This is currently not defined for Meteobridge but can be rather easily added, once the multi-station feature is running fine.

Currently I am looking for Meteobridge users who have two or more meteobridge supported weather stations and are looking to drive those with one single Meteobridge instance.

Anybody out there? Currently I just got one user who opted in. Having been asked about that feature very often in the past, I am surprised that resonance is rather low. Beside Meteohub I don't know of any other weather program that can handle multiple stations in parallel, so we are rather unique with this :D

jasonmfarrow
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by jasonmfarrow »

I take it that this is only for those people who have the standalone Meteobridge/Pro. Those of us with a Nano/SD will not be able to participate?

I own a NanoSD and also have a Raspberry Pi collecting AQI data. I don't have any additional sensors or weather stations.
Regards
Jason
jmfweather.uk | @jasonmfarrow

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

PRO and NANO users can also apply.