Multi-Station Feature released today

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Multi-Station Feature released today

Post by admin »

Today the new multi-station feature is released for all Meteobridge users (who have access to current updates). Although we did testing on our units and with beta tester units there will for sure still be some bugs in there.

When you install this new version by restarting your unit, please check that data is coming in fine. If not, please report to this thread. I hope you all have a smooth ride. The code changes necessary to achieve this are rather massiv. Therefore, some hick-ups here and there are expected to occur. Please help us to have that solved short term. In the long run the options that come alog with this new feature are well worth it. I hope you see it the same way.

Please find infos about the new options here: https://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Forum

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Multi-Station Feature released today

Post by Mattk »

Ok some queries re terminology and options? Purely following a FW update to 4.4 (Sep 12 2020, build 13715) and check of setup. Unit is a MBPro Red and was using Internal RF from a re-transmitted Envoy. MBPro is networked via TCP/IP

Model/Description: Meteostick Vantage / Meteostick for Davis Vantage
Never having used a Meteostick (as such) but sort of knowing what they are I can sort of see the intent in the description but was a little confused in the beginning? So via RF the only 2 supported stations are Meteostick Vantage and Meteostick WS1000?

Connection: USB Serial
Appears to be live, no other option in the drop down box but what is the relevance of this option? There is no USB anything involved in this setup.

Device: /dev/ttyMH
Other option in the drop down is /dev/ttyMH113, I'm lost with the relevance/meaning of these options?

Settings: receive RF data directly
I would have sworn the original setting would have been from console etc as being retransmitted from an Envoy? No problems I can change that but just noting the new FW changed things from original settings

RF Band: is ok (unchanged)
Sensitivity: is ok (Unchanged)
Sensor Configuration: is ok

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

Mattk wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:33 am
Ok some queries re terminology and options? Purely following a FW update to 4.4 (Sep 12 2020, build 13715) and check of setup. Unit is a MBPro Red and was using Internal RF from a re-transmitted Envoy. MBPro is networked via TCP/IP

Model/Description: Meteostick Vantage / Meteostick for Davis Vantage
Never having used a Meteostick (as such) but sort of knowing what they are I can sort of see the intent in the description but was a little confused in the beginning? So via RF the only 2 supported stations are Meteostick Vantage and Meteostick WS1000?
I admit for MB PRO users things might look a bit over complicated, but let me explain. From a weather station point of view the MB PRO is a MB with a Meteostick attached (although the Meteostick is internally and integrated on the top PCB, but from a programming point of view it is connected via USB serial and operating exactly as an external Meteostick).

Meteostick can read RF data from Vantage but also from WS1000, which very view people use. But you can operate MB PRO with a WS1000 instead of the Davis sensors, if you like. That is why you have this WS1000 option.
Mattk wrote:
Connection: USB Serial
Appears to be live, no other option in the drop down box but what is the relevance of this option? There is no USB anything involved in this setup.

Device: /dev/ttyMH
Other option in the drop down is /dev/ttyMH113, I'm lost with the relevance/meaning of these options?
As internal Meteostick is connected via USB (in a serial and not HID protocol) the stick shows up on device "/dev/ttyMH" which is a catch all device for any connected USB serial device. When you decide to connect another USB serial equipped weather station to the MB PRO you need a second device descriptor for that and you need to distinguish between those. For that reason there is an alternative USB serial device "/dev/ttyMH113" which denotes the USB device connected on USB port 3 of the MB PRO. Port 3 is internally, so you will always reach the internal Meteostick at "/dev/ttyMH113". When you connect another USB serial weather station on the front USB port of the MB PRO this will show up at "/dev/ttyMH111". By using this descriptor for the definition of the second weather station you can separate the connections. As long as you operate the MB PRO without additional USB stations "/dev/ttyMH" works fine as it just connects to the first one found, which is the internal Meteostick.
Having explained this, when MB PRO is in "use internal RF receiver" mode, "/dev/ttyMH113" should be the only choice. I will fix that.
Mattk wrote:
Settings: receive RF data directly
I would have sworn the original setting would have been from console etc as being retransmitted from an Envoy? No problems I can change that but just noting the new FW changed things from original settings
It should not change settings on its own, so this is a bug. When I get you right the "direct" versus "via console" thing did change in your setup?

Mattk wrote:
RF Band: is ok (unchanged)
Sensitivity: is ok (Unchanged)
Sensor Configuration: is ok
Good to hear, that this works.

miraculon
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by miraculon »

I just updated my MR3020. I was running WLL for the data source.

It seems to be complaining about the lack of the USB hub:
Warning: This combination of hardware platform, firmware and weather station needs a USB 2.0 Hub to have the weather station connected.

system (15.09.2020 08:53:39): start of logging process initiated.
wnetd (15.09.2020 08:53:39): process started.
wnetd (15.09.2020 08:53:39): send data thread started (pid:2143 tid:2149)
logger (15.09.2020 08:53:39): historical data loaded (40 records).
logger (15.09.2020 08:53:39): data logger (version 5.1d, build 13729) started.
logger (15.09.2020 08:53:40): connect station 0 (Davis WLL via SW Driver).
logger (15.09.2020 08:53:43): waiting for sensors (wind0, rain0, th0, thb0) to provide data.
logger (15.09.2020 08:53:43): services paused.
logger (15.09.2020 08:55:40): give up waiting for sensors after 120 secs.

logger (15.09.2020 08:55:40): services activated.

I tried reconnecting a small 2-port USB hub that I have used in the past (w/ no station connected), but this didn't fix it. I reverted to v4.3. This lost my WLL settings.
I have reconnected the USB to a console via the hub and got my data backvia USB. I then re-selected WLL and it works now. I decided to use the new station feature to input data via the Console/USB via a repeater. Since I am now back to normal, I am now running WLL as my primary station and the Console for the data via Repeater A.
I am not sure why a hub would be required when the WLL was used as a data source, or why the lack of the hub would introduce these problems.

Greg

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

My MR3020 does not ask for USB hub when I only define a primary weatherstation and this is a WLL model.

May be you have additional weather stations defined, that require USB connectivity?

miraculon
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by miraculon »

This meteobridge MR2030 is quite old, and I previously used a USB interface. No other station types were used.

It is possible that I inadvertently set the console to ISS on Channel 1 only. I was attempting to pick up another station via Repeater A. This might explain why there was no weather data. I am not sure at this point. This console is partially hidden behind a monitor and I probably didn't catch it being changed to Channel 1.

I still do get the hub warning though.

Warning: This combination of hardware platform, firmware and weather station needs a USB 2.0 Hub to have the weather station connected.

Greg

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

Could you provide me a remote login, so that I can check what is different with your setup?

miraculon
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by miraculon »

PM sent with access link and password.

Greg

marnow
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by marnow »

ObserverIP is broken!

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

just released update should fix the ObserverIP issue and provides a faster Navigation making it no longer necessary to click twice to reach a certain page/tab.

marnow
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by marnow »

Looks like the GUI has issue now. Tested on two independent browsers.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (30.14 KiB) Viewed 678 times

amateurextra
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by amateurextra »

I am having the same issues with the new GUI. I tested on Firefox and MS Edge, both current versions and both display the same GUI. Screen shot is attached
Attachments
Screenshot_2020-09-16 Meteobridge(1).png
Screenshot_2020-09-16 Meteobridge(1).png (28.02 KiB) Viewed 666 times
Christopher Doherty, N3UVR
CoCoRaHS PA-LC-24
CWOP EW5712
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus via MB 4.4

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

Problem is solved with just released update. The corresponding changes in the css file didn't make it into the previous release. Small thing but really looks odd ;-)

lightmaster
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by lightmaster »

Just updated to the latest (Sept 17 release), and when I go to add a secondary station, I'm not seeing the option to define a User-Defined Plugin.

jasonmfarrow
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by jasonmfarrow »

I'm running Meteobridge 4.4 (Sep 16 2020, build 3314), FW 1.4 (NanoSD) and this User Defined option is not there for me either.
Regards
Jason
jmfweather.uk | @jasonmfarrow