Weather34 Aurora Version(english supported only)

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Weather34 Aurora Version(english supported only)

Post by weatherist34 »

jasonmfarrow wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:44 pm
Hi Brian.
Will the use of a compiled CSS remove editing capability? For me I use the dark theme 99% of the time but the red-dot cursor is not visible. I always remove the cursor override near the start of the CSS to revert to a standard pointer so I can see where I am on the screen.

The red-dot-cursor is easy to see on the light theme but almost impossible to see on the dark theme I think this needs to be addressed if CSS is no longer going to be editable.

Regards.
jason all css files are editable not sure why you think is no longer editable? , only difference here is using new css variables allows to compile both themes in one file , easier to maintain, easier to implement newer ideas , as chuck mentions smaller footprint , its all win win . you can edit any file nothing changed in that respect and best of all it remains a sub 100kb file with both themes available hence the smaller footprint.you can still edit out the mouse pointer as it is identical as previous css files .

@chuck hopefully by next week will have most of it done for cross browser support , still needs some more editing but taking my time no need to rush this one has the template is reasonably stable at present .this will make life easier going forward and allows me to implement direct theme select based on device settings of light or dark or daylight , nightime etc ,these will be optional but this lays the foundation to implement those features.

keep an eye on github has i will push it there before making it widely available via an update..

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

@chuck fix just pushed to GitHub
ff.png
ff.png (169.26 KiB) Viewed 405 times

prestwickwx
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by prestwickwx »

weatherist34 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:41 pm
@chuck fix just pushed to GitHub

ff.png
Brian,

Firefox all fixed. :D

Thanks!

Chuck
https://myrtleweather.com/
Myrtle Beach WX @ Prestwick

ToTo
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by ToTo »

Hi Brian,

Very nice this new switch, can you also include the effect of the switch for the chartforecast view?

I investigated more in the Last Rain https://forum.meteohub.de/viewtopic.php?p=39751#p39751 problem and found the cause in the calculation of $seconds_ago = (time() - strtotime($raintimeago));
also returns a value for $seconds_ago, if $raintimeago == 0.0

I have found for me the solution, that I have changed the line
if ($seconds_ago >28800) {
to
if ($seconds_ago >28800 or $raintimeago=='0.0'){

Maybe you find a better solution for it?

jasonmfarrow
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by jasonmfarrow »

weatherist34 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:12 pm
jason all css files are editable not sure why you think is no longer editable?
My lack of understanding of the use of Compiled in a .CSS context. Not to worry.
Regards
Jason
https://jmfweather.uk | @jasonmfarrow

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

Good morning Jason its ok wish i could explain easier the advances of CSS capabilities its constantly advancing rapidly just sometimes we have to wait for browser releases to play catch up. since 2015 i just wanted create something that is a pleasure to use , easy on the eye with relevant info and not create a complex mass of data that becomes hard work in all aspects be it use or maintain.fwiw i changed the cursor to a brighter appearance and its a cross.

Torsten sure it’s feasible but lets get this release out the door and then concentrate on some of the finer points that said forecasts are derived from weather underground so kind of hesitant to throw any time at it because it could disappear down the black hole at anytime..

reference rain timeago its been a bug for years after 3 days meteobridge api output or string doesnt return a valid timestamp i tried to resolve with boris a couple years ago and last year but dealing with rain variables can be time consuming because unlike things like temperatures the rain is not always present this is why i implemented only to show for 8 hours then display month total .same thing with lightning needs patience and being available when it actually happens..

im sure with this release there will be some not satisfied but this implementation opens the door for future ideas to be implemented easier especially with the new charts library as they simply interact with the master css 😁.

have a good day ..ps hard way to lose last night kind of sux..brian

jmontamat
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by jmontamat »

As a hobby to meteorologist he is the best squad out there.

Thank you for your dedication and effort to constantly improve it.

Eager for the new light / dark button.

Josep.

ToTo
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by ToTo »

weatherist34 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:21 am

im sure with this release there will be some not satisfied but this implementation opens the door for future ideas to be implemented easier especially with the new charts library as they simply interact with the master css 😁.

have a good day ..ps hard way to lose last night kind of sux..brian
Thanks for your sympathy, now we have to win against Ronaldo. :?

cheffy
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by cheffy »

Hi Brian,

Sorry, I have a couple of questions I hoping you can help me with. I am trying to work out if it’s something I have done or it is a constraint of using Ecowitt (which you mentioned before) or the type of meteobridge I have (it’s not a pro or a NANO).

I have noticed in the wind direction module the average for today and the month appears to be wrong. In the image below you can see the wind direction during the day has been generally North/North West, however the average for the day is saying West. I noticed yesterday the average was SW, when it has been blowing from the same direction (NNW) for a number of days now. I checked the csv file for today and the wind direction being recorded has not been below 300. Do you know why this would be the case?
Wind direction.PNG
Wind direction.PNG (47.18 KiB) Viewed 333 times
Secondly, can you tell me what the chart circled in red is supposed to show. I know its labelled as average wind speed but it always is very low when compared to windspeed in the top right hand corner. I have watched it over a couple of days and it barely gets above 5 and yesterday was quite windy here so it looks a little odd. It looks as though it is based on m/s rather km/h
Today charts.PNG
Today charts.PNG (98.81 KiB) Viewed 333 times
Lastly, I have tried to include the weather34-lightning-chuck module because I like the extra detail, however it does not update with my data and just remains the same (demo data). The normal weather34-lightning works fine and captures my data but this version does not. Is there something I have to do to make this work or is this a limitation of using Ecowitt?

Thanks as always,
Neil

jmontamat
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by jmontamat »

cheffy wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:16 am

Lastly, I have tried to include the weather34-lightning-chuck module because I like the extra detail, however it does not update with my data and just remains the same (demo data). The normal weather34-lightning works fine and captures my data but this version does not. Is there something I have to do to make this work or is this a limitation of using Ecowitt?

Thanks as always,
Neil
Not a ecowitt problem, add a meteobridge services:

every a minute
https://yourdomain.com/console/mbridge/ ... ing.php?d=[lgt0energy-act:--] [lgt0dist-act:--] [lgt0dist-age:--] [lgt0total-daysum.0:--] [lgt0total-monthsum.0:--] [lgt0total-yearsum.0:--] [lgt0total-sum10.0:--]

refer to: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=15243&p=37935&hili ... %5D#p37935

and

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=15243&hilit=%5Blgt ... &start=465

and /weather34-strikes-end-of-day.php at 23:45

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

Download Update 17th June 2021
* Please always do a *backup before running updates
* New Release Aurora MKII (SE)
* Brand new theme switcher for future releases (17:07)
* Setup screen theme option only changes chart background , this feature is fixed for now .This will change when new chart library is released and will have full theme control over charts appearance.
* Contains all updates since March 1st

inevitably I will have overlooked something(I'm only human and not prefect :D ) but every effort has been made to check 99% of options used. The theme option in setup simply controls the chart background color for now , I don't wish to get embroiled in modifying this chart library as there will be a brand new chart library sometime in the near future which will simply interact with the theme switcher as expected. CanvasJs is a powerful library but also a very complex library , with the new chart library it is far easier to implement ideas and manage .

Screenshots below show nothing really much changed in appearance just minor difference from previous release .

enjoy this update and please remember do a backup before applying the update . If it is not to your liking you can simply revert back.
As of 8:30AM Saturday I am unavailable till 10th July wife surprised me today with a long break ,our first real break together in well over a year .

Have a great weekend ahead..

Brian ..
1.jpg
1.jpg (168.02 KiB) Viewed 303 times

2.jpg
2.jpg (177.27 KiB) Viewed 303 times

3.jpg
3.jpg (193.94 KiB) Viewed 303 times

4.jpg
4.jpg (176.49 KiB) Viewed 292 times

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

cheffy wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:16 am
Hi Brian,

Sorry, I have a couple of questions I hoping you can help me with. I am trying to work out if it’s something I have done or it is a constraint of using Ecowitt (which you mentioned before) or the type of meteobridge I have (it’s not a pro or a NANO).

I have noticed in the wind direction module the average for today and the month appears to be wrong. In the image below you can see the wind direction during the day has been generally North/North West, however the average for the day is saying West. I noticed yesterday the average was SW, when it has been blowing from the same direction (NNW) for a number of days now. I checked the csv file for today and the wind direction being recorded has not been below 300. Do you know why this would be the case?

Wind direction.PNG

Secondly, can you tell me what the chart circled in red is supposed to show. I know its labelled as average wind speed but it always is very low when compared to windspeed in the top right hand corner. I have watched it over a couple of days and it barely gets above 5 and yesterday was quite windy here so it looks a little odd. It looks as though it is based on m/s rather km/h

Today charts.PNG

Thanks as always,
Neil
Hello sometimes you need to sit on the dunny with a "coldie" :-) helps the learning curve of using new hardware ...

Circled chart ..
No in all seriousness wind average is based on past 10 minutes that's why its critical to run the chartstoday at every 10 minutes because where the averages are generally recorded is based on the previous 10 minutes .
If you were separate the data in the top right wind chart it would resemble the average chart circled.

Lightning module is for weatherflow by default it was compiled for myself and chuck as we use only the lightning of weather flow hardware , I've no idea wether it works with any other hardware so I can't help there .

have a good day(don't hesitate too use those Aussie phrases it lightens the mood think we all need to smile more often these days ) ..Brian

cheffy
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by cheffy »

Thanks for your help Josep, I have followed your instructions and I now have this lightning module up and running.

G'day Brian! :wink: It might be a bit cold to sit on the dunnie with a coldie at the moment. It’s winter here and it’s a rainy cold day with the temperature around 11 degrees – which is cold for us aussies, it's definatly beanie/scarf/gloves kind of day!

In terms of the circled chart, yes I am running the chartstoday every 10 mins. I looked into this a bit further today, I can confirm the chart is showing m/s rather than km/h. I checked the average wind speed in the top right corner (which is km/h) and converted these numbers to m/s and they match exactly to what is in the circled chart. I am not sure if this is a bug, but I have checked all my settings and the chart itself is even labelled km/h. In the end I don’t really need this chart because the average is displayed in the chart in the top right corner, is there any easy way to swap this chart out with something different? I see on other sites people have done this - I assume this is relatively easy to do? What do I need to do, I have looked but I can’t find where this needs to be changed.

In terms of my wind bearing question I had, I have now worked that out. The wind over the last few days has been blowing from a N/NNW direction. Most of the readings have been in the range of 320-360, however there are number that fall into the range of 0-40. Obviously when this happens and you average it out over a day it dilutes the wind direction and becomes more westerly rather NNW…..if that makes sense! I took the csv file for yesterday and manually calculated the average and it comes very close to what is being reported in my template – so it is working as expected.

Anyway, thanks for your help with this and I hope you enjoy your break.
Neil

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

cheffy wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:34 am
Thanks for your help Josep, I have followed your instructions and I now have this lightning module up and running.

G'day Brian! :wink: It might be a bit cold to sit on the dunnie with a coldie at the moment. It’s winter here and it’s a rainy cold day with the temperature around 11 degrees – which is cold for us aussies, it's definatly beanie/scarf/gloves kind of day!

In terms of the circled chart, yes I am running the chartstoday every 10 mins. I looked into this a bit further today, I can confirm the chart is showing m/s rather than km/h. I checked the average wind speed in the top right corner (which is km/h) and converted these numbers to m/s and they match exactly to what is in the circled chart. I am not sure if this is a bug, but I have checked all my settings and the chart itself is even labelled km/h. In the end I don’t really need this chart because the average is displayed in the chart in the top right corner, is there any easy way to swap this chart out with something different? I see on other sites people have done this - I assume this is relatively easy to do? What do I need to do, I have looked but I can’t find where this needs to be changed.

In terms of my wind bearing question I had, I have now worked that out. The wind over the last few days has been blowing from a N/NNW direction. Most of the readings have been in the range of 320-360, however there are number that fall into the range of 0-40. Obviously when this happens and you average it out over a day it dilutes the wind direction and becomes more westerly rather NNW…..if that makes sense! I took the csv file for yesterday and manually calculated the average and it comes very close to what is being reported in my template – so it is working as expected.

Anyway, thanks for your help with this and I hope you enjoy your break.
Neil
Good morning many thanks ! that wind average chart was missing the correct conversion formula just fixed that . as for winter we are entering the dreaded humidity season its quite oppressive here being near the sea front in a peninsula the humidity gets trapped and combine the warmer temperatures its gets stupidly uncomfortable .

Download Update 18th June 2021
* Please always do a *backup before running updates
* New Release Aurora MKII (SE)
* (08:47) Fix missing windspeed average formula (Ref Neil)
* (08:23) Brand new theme switcher for future releases
* (08:23) Chart background is now a fixed light theme * This is temporary prepares for a new chart library and expect new charts end of July-August
* Update contains all updates since March 1st

screenshot below grab your 18Jun2021.csv used it locally and shows your data with correct wind average speed.perhaps when I return we can perhaps see if we can add a lightning chart based on your hardware..

have a good day..Brian

mickh.jpg
mickh.jpg (167.23 KiB) Viewed 241 times

cheffy
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by cheffy »

Thanks Brian - I have updated and it is working fine now. I am more than happy to work with you on a lightning chart for my hardware when you return.

In the meantime...enjoy!
Neil