Weather34 Aurora Version(english supported only)

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Weather34 Aurora Version(english supported only)

Post by weatherist34 »

Release .. Version Weather34 Aurora

If you would like to test or use this version please read below and digest what is different from previous release.

1.Why Aurora ?
introduction of color charts based on value , it resembles at times a color array of the Aurora Borealis

2.Language Support ?
No only supports English , there are no language supported code within the template to use switching languages or display other than english.The design is based on English word phrases and lengths.

3.IFTTT support for interaction of notifications to smart devices where IFTTT is installed…dropped idea :(

4.Hardware Support?
Supports Meteobridge devices NANO(sd) , Meteobridge Pro , Meteobridge Software where installed on TPLINK or similar supported devices

5.Weather Station Hardware Support?
Only supports Davis Vantage product range i.e Davis Vantage Pro2, Davis Vantage Vue, Envoy8X
Does not fully support Ecowitt,Ambient,Weatherflow,Acuurite,Oregon type hardware purely limited and luck..

This sounds harsh but simply weather34 does not want to get sucked into something which ends up becoming
unsustainable to maintain and a chore to keep it smoothly developed with fresh ideas ..

6.Request Download Only ?
No freely available..

7.Can I use chart history data from previous version ?
Yes , backup the existing weather34charts folder from previous version this contains all of your history chart data .

Critical files/folders to keep if you want to use existing data from previous version !
2020.csv is the file that stores all your current 2020 data in 2021 it automatically creates 2021.csv file at 23:59 January 1st

2020 folder contains current day and current month chart files

Once installed this version Aurora simply upload your backed up files/folder and overwrite existing blank new installation files/folder .

8.Can I use an update file to upgrade existing version to new version Aurora ?
Yes but must be aware languages support is only English if you using previous in another language other than English it won’t
Work in your native language it will simply display everything in English !! So please beware and there 100% no planned
Support for languages in future updates.

9.Air Quality support?
Yes same as previous version but with added support for daily hi/lo monthly hi/lo year hi/lo in almanac screens and additional chart screens
This will be implemented in December 2020 with new weather34 API structure (see below)

10.Weather34 API will it change ?
Yes to support additional Air Quality data mentioned above .Every effort will be made not to break previous version of template
hence time and patience will be taken to scrutinize the restructured weather34 API before requesting Boris at meteobridge to change the API structure.

11.Is it really much different ?
On first appearance no not really main screen looks identical but charts will be different in appearance , a lot of effort to balance color saturation to make it easy on the eye and not use bold appearance, the code is 20% smaller overall. Less time required to develop and maintain due to removal of language support. Doesnt support anything other than Davis Vantage product range which creates less support time and smoother platform to develop on.The setup screen has some newer options and all non required options from previous version have been removed .
CSS files is restructured to only cater for this version with a slight reduction in file size and wider use of HSLA color coding variables for a smoother color balance.

12.So Do I need this ?
If you understand all above then the choice is simply yours but it is important to understand there are limitations and benefits either may not meet your requirements so therefore I strongly recommend to research other templates within the weather community or continue to use what you have now .

13.Will you outsource previous version?
No previous experience of doing this was unsatisfactory and provided absolute no benefit to anyone or weather34 just created mass confusion, many unwanted support emails (1000s literally overtime) , created unwarranted socially inept remarks and personal insults !. Lesson learnt and never again will I offer out any work I have done .
Outsourced idea was done for the benefit of other non meteobridge software not any weather34 benefit .
*Updated outsourced version for Weather Display agreed with two developers/users Beta release expected to be available around Mid May-June 2021.

14.Availability ?
As of 1st week of November downloads will be available on request same as previous version.Previous version will be freely available without request in December .

14.What does it look like?
See below….
li.png
li.png (252.77 KiB) Viewed 726 times
c2.png
c2.png (192.62 KiB) Viewed 723 times
dark.png
dark.png (248.64 KiB) Viewed 726 times
c1.png
c1.png (146.45 KiB) Viewed 723 times

Last edited by weatherist34 on Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:29 pm, edited 6 times in total.

prestwickwx
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Weather34 Aurora Version

Post by prestwickwx »

Brian,

I will keep an eye out on Git. WF Lightning actually work fine yesterday.

Have a great weekend :D

Chuck
https://myrtleweather.com/
Myrtle Beach WX @ Prestwick

woolfg
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by woolfg »

Hi Brain

Looks good

Look out for my request next week :D :D

Hope you and your family are OK and havent been affected by the earthquake today

Kind Regards

Graham

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

wow isn’t meteobridge a popular device 123 requests since yesterday evening where do you all hide please join in this forum all ideas, collaboration is really much appreciated...i will answer all requests once ive finalized and hopefully covered most scenarios, i really want to get a relatively good stable version on first release this will reduce support overhead and allow more time to focus on new ideas and additions.. 1st weekend of november is target date to release this gives me some time to create scenarios and see what happens .

.many thanks for the concerns of safety..all i will say its not always about physical harm often the mindset trauma physiological effects last for days.. you cant sleep, every jolt triggers a panic your permanently in a anxiety state of mind..what was shocking is we are 400km away yet our property swayed side to side for almost 40 seconds doesnt sound a long time but trust me it is ..all the ground around us was swaying side to side there were no vibrations just swaying its like the solid earth becomes water like waves ... only 2 days ago i was 100km from epicenter. its tough enough dealing with the daily mental stress of corona virus throw in this scenario makes you want to sleep,and wake up hoping was just a bad dream...brian..

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

good afternoon ..

no need to keep requesting once is enough as mentioned next weekend it will be ready .(be careful too many consecutive requests in a short period the server email will judged it as spam and I won't see it until empty the spam box once a week...)

GITHUB users with privileges you will see updates throughout the week today additional for Purple Air data was added . the purple air script was rewritten from scratch and now accommodates 24 hour average value also amongst other values easily pulled through the purple air API for future use..

also monthly and yearly chart data output has been added for Purple air as it has just been added I have only added the script to pull the end of day
24 hour average to the month/yearly csv files as the week goes bye I will compile the charts from the data collected .

UVindex and Solar radiation for the current day charts works from first value above 0 recorded .
so the interval period for these two charts are may begin from sunrise or TIME WHEN first value recorded above 0 ands at time when last value above 0.

screen shots .
aquv.jpg
aquv.jpg (198.68 KiB) Viewed 2587 times

prestwickwx
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by prestwickwx »

Brian,

Hope all is well. I made the change to Aurora and everything looks great! :D

The new charts really pop.

Take care,

Chuck

prestwickwx
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by prestwickwx »

Brian,

I noticed that the daily Temperature/Feels Chart is not showing the Feels like (Heat Index) values. Not sure if this is a change or oversight.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (20.89 KiB) Viewed 2566 times

I like the 24 hour average on Purple Air.

Chuck

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

hopefully end of week have all charts done including month/year air quality .. just pushed some more ..

prestwickwx
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by prestwickwx »

weatherist34 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:00 pm
hopefully end of week have all charts done including month/year air quality .. just pushed some more ..
Brian,

Ok. No problem, I will just let you work and not look for any issues until later on.

Best wishes,

Chuck

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

its ok chuck things will change as the week goes bye , the feels like won't be there from tomorrow I have merged the temperature/dewpoint to allow full display of solar, uv,air quality .the feels like is not an actual Meteobridge output its a formula which is dumped to the daily csv based on your default settings F or C chosen in the setup screen. it creates an headache as the csv could either contain a F value or C value so the charts struggle with the added conversion..confused ? :-)

should resemble this Screenshot sometime tomorrow note the option to change metics..in the toolbar at the bottom. fell free to point to anything but step by step im working through charts before releasing it publicly..
Screenshot at Nov 01 21-56-44.jpg
Screenshot at Nov 01 21-56-44.jpg (159.85 KiB) Viewed 2535 times

prestwickwx
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by prestwickwx »

Hi Brian,

Looks good. I actually prefer the Temperature/Dewpoint over the Feels (Heat Index) :D

One for the future - Name length. At least you only have one language now. :)

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (30.88 KiB) Viewed 2522 times

Take care,

Chuck

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

wouldnt that be ironic if i overlooked that :D pushed more to Github this morning ..thanks for setting it up i can see how it works in various non metric scenarios really helpful not to have to manipulate scenarios as opposed to real live data to hand.really helpful..brian

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

good morning all.

i really want to reiterate this new version is english only . having just spent some time collecting the requests in an orderly manner I noticed aprox 40% of them are non english .i also noticed checking each url many turn off english option in previous version , there is nothing wrong with that but with this version being only english you should be fully aware of that before installing or overwriting the 9.34 version you will not have any language options.. This is just to save you a lot of inconvenience if languages are required do not use this version .
example forecast text support for languages there are only two options to en or us

yes you can modify all the files into your own language only but it will take you days perhaps weeks to accomplish.. brian ...

version 9.34 is full language support so please think before jumping in and then trying find solutions. think then decide..dont think later it may be too late.. :)

dc.kraft
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: Weather34 Aurora Version(english supported only)

Post by dc.kraft »

Hello....

So currently I do not really know what I am doing wrong....
But I don't get an email to activate the download of Aurora even though there is a confirmation.....
Attachments
WEATHER34.png
WEATHER34.png (96.81 KiB) Viewed 2479 times

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Weather34 Aurora Version(english supported only)

Post by weatherist34 »

please read the info provided what more can I do ..? i have numerous requests from you every day

as per info page https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

*all initial requests will be answered during
the first full weekend (7th-8th) of November 2020