Weather34 Aurora Version(english supported only)

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

alexeysailman
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: Weather34 Aurora Version(english supported only)

Post by alexeysailman »

Hi, Brian!
I know that I'm probably the only one who uses a unit of pressure measurement in mmHg...But I would like you to take a look at the two attached screenshots, picture 'PIC' : current pressure 761.3 at 21: 36, and in the frame "actual pressure", the pressure that was at 00:36. Screenshot 'PIC 2' - the current pressure at the same time. The "necessary" pressure is written to the history - the same as when pressing the "extra" button. A couple of updates ago, if the pressure changed dramatically, then in the "actual pressure" frame, the current readings changed with a "delay". I have MKI running in parallel, everything is fine with this parameter there: and the current value is as on the console (PIC 3).
Attachments
PIC3.JPG
PIC3.JPG (250.63 KiB) Viewed 456 times
PIC2.jpg
PIC2.jpg (365.27 KiB) Viewed 456 times
PIC.JPG
PIC.JPG (381.98 KiB) Viewed 456 times

cheffy
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by cheffy »

Hi,

I hope I am not asking a dumb question, but I am a little confused and hoping to get some clarification, I have an Ecowitt station and reading through this thread it appears this template does not support Ecowitt - which is fine if this is the case. However, I have seen other sites who appear to have an Ecowitt station and are using this template.

Can somebody confirm if I could use this template using Ecowitt and meteobridge together?

Thanks,
Neil

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

@Alex I think I see the error you have explained so I have released a fix for mmHg .

@cheffy support for GW1000 compatibility added that said if the users of this hardware go off the rails again I will simply reintroduce the incompatibility ,the template author myself doesn't give a dam what is better or worse but Im not a dumping ground for socially inept discussions of what hardware is superior and what is not.to me the most important requirement is durability thats why i own a Davis VP2 thats why i use meteobridge software combine the two equals stability for me having owned other numerous brands over the years. have a good day and feel free to call out for help *template does not support additional ecowitt or branded types of extra sensors merely supports a standard common outdoor array with one indoor sensor and a few additional brands of air quality .does not support ecowitt or alike lightning sensors.the use with ecowitt is very basic and limited template does NOT really do justice for ecowitt capabilities of extra sensors etc but something is better than nothing..

Download Update 3rd June 2021
* Contains all updates since March 1st
* mmHg fix ref Alex (14:31)
* Opens GW1000 etc compatibility (14:31)

via https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

alexeysailman
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by alexeysailman »

Hi Bryan!
Thank you so much for fixing this bug, considering that I am the only one user of the dimensions of millimeters of mercury.
I read on the forum about the prospect of a paid version of your template appearing in the future, I will definitely buy the full version.

cheffy
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by cheffy »

Thanks Brian.

I wasn’t expecting you to add support for the GW1000, but was seeking clarification because I could see some people were using the template, however I very much appreciate what you have done.

Don’t worry, I am not here for discussions on what hardware is superior etc, for me it’s just a hobby/bit of fun and also a learning experience. If I can make use of this template that’s great and if it doesn’t have functionality for my hardware that’s fine as well – besides you are the author of this template so I think you have the right to make these decisions.

Incidentally, my long term goal is to purchase a Davis weather station, however here in Australia they are not cheap. For a Vantage Pro2+ (which is what I want) you would be looking to pay around $1,900 $AUD (which is approx. $1,500 US), compared to $200 AUD for an Ecowitt station! I know you get what you pay for, but when my old station died last year I needed to get something pretty quickly within my price range so I took a gamble on the Ecowitt station. Look it’s not perfect and it does have some minor issues/limitations, but so far I have been generally happy with it. I will be happy if I can get a few years’ service out of it while I continue to save for a Davis.

For me, other than the extra lightening sensor, I only have the standard array of sensors so it should be ok for your template in its basic format.

The reason I asked my original question was because I recently dug out my old Sheevaplug which had Meteohub installed. I purchased it about 10 years ago and wanted to start using it again, anyway I am struggling to get it to run – I can’t get it to boot so I was looking into purchasing a meteobridge to replace it. I was just interested to see if I could then also make use of the template as well.

Anyway, thanks again Brian.

Neil

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

good morning , by all means discuss your views on hardware but not this thread .. yes i fully understand you get what you pay for and not everyone has a disposable income..

has for support for GW1000 etc its not a problem but don’t expect miracles its just limited basic standard configuration use .

@alex glad i resolved it for you its no problem and the paid version is simply an idea at present i think late august i will focus on that to see if it’s manageable certainly dont want to get into a scenario of being overwhelmed and expectations often rise when you throw money into the equation,its becomes a bit like a job … anyway nothing gained nothing lost at present..

have a good weekend Brian

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

@chuck good morning there is a update for the lightning on GITHUB .noticed the anomaly this morning on your site so a quick simple fix..see screenshot

have a good weekend..Brian
chk.png
chk.png (268.45 KiB) Viewed 334 times

prestwickwx
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by prestwickwx »

weatherist34 wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:08 am
@chuck good morning there is a update for the lightning on GITHUB .noticed the anomaly this morning on your site so a quick simple fix..see screenshot

have a good weekend..Brian

chk.png
Hi Brian,

Ok. I have the update. :D

Hope all is well.

Many thanks,

Chuck
https://myrtleweather.com/
Myrtle Beach WX @ Prestwick

jmontamat
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by jmontamat »

Good morning Brian, after the last css correction the centering of the banner in the dark theme is corrected but it remains the same in the light theme.
Sin título.png
Sin título.png (98.43 KiB) Viewed 258 times
Sin título1.png
Sin título1.png (78.98 KiB) Viewed 258 times
Thanks.

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

good morning Josep

don't be offended but you site is so heavily modified , it always shrinks(negative zoom) when I visit it so I can't say what todo to resolve has Ive no idea what your personal modifications are.

here is the local demo in safari desktop you can see both are almost identically aligned in both themes
jose.png
jose.png (233.89 KiB) Viewed 255 times

jmontamat
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by jmontamat »

I am aware of my modifications so I have installed a pure version of the template I upload the updates here
it also happens:

https://meteosantgenis.org/MKII/

But it is not a problem I always use the dark theme, for me it is already fine like that.

Thanks.

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

your url on iPad just now , I'm happy to help if I can replicate it but I can only think is it device related ?
IMG_6347.png
IMG_6347.png (223.39 KiB) Viewed 245 times

safari desktop Big Sur version

josep1.png
josep1.png (212.27 KiB) Viewed 244 times

jmontamat
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by jmontamat »

If mine is a Samsung Android 11 in chrome.

Thanks for your interest.

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

ha ok i cant help with android unfortunately i do have a few android based cheap OEM tablet screens but sitting in a box awaiting shipment to second home.. sorry couldnt be of much help at present ..brian

jmontamat
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by jmontamat »

I understand that I cannot test on all systems, the dark theme is fine for me, it is the one I have by default, and the one I like the most.