Weather34 Aurora Version(english supported only)

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

rzelle-K1TTC
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: Weather34 Aurora Version(english supported only)

Post by rzelle-K1TTC »

Hi Brian,
I am seeing the Awareness offset as well on my system under W10 Firefox & Chrome. On Chrome it's not as far off but stiil out of the frame.
See below:
Awareness to right Light Screen.PNG
Awareness to right Light Screen.PNG (54.72 KiB) Viewed 469 times
Awareness to right Chrome Light Screen.PNG
Awareness to right Chrome Light Screen.PNG (53.94 KiB) Viewed 469 times
73s
..Ron

rzelle-K1TTC
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by rzelle-K1TTC »

Brian,

On iPad with Safari & Chrome Awareness is OK within frame.

..Ron

rzelle-K1TTC
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by rzelle-K1TTC »

I meant to say on iPad it's OK with Safari, Chrome & Firefox .. :-)

jasonmfarrow
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by jasonmfarrow »

Brian, I like the higher contrast in the latest update to Mk2.

Did you decide to bin or keep your "alternative" layout version?
Regards
Jason
https://jmfweather.uk | @jasonmfarrow

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

Good morning Jason

there will be numerous alternative layouts , numerous new options ,optional setting of theme according to device settings if using IOS or catalina ,big sur etc . that said these are merely planned ideas you were seeing on my site for the paid version .if i do release a paid version its got to have features or options that are not present in current version.. time is on my side for these ideas so im in no rush ,occasionally things will appear on my site randomly..

ps so sorry cheapest overseas shipment to UK for weatherflow parcel was £38 via FedEx uninsured thats a risk not worth taking .
that said one of my neighbors is leaving turkey this July and returning to UK(southend) so possibly if I can catch her in a good mood there is a possibility ,she is a bit of hard work and been very stressed out for months due to the bureaucratic ways of returning also after recovering from Covid .so hang in there ,i can only ask..

@ron my guess there is some css line in there causing some variation, i will endeavor to find it , i couldnt see it until installed firefox on my new mac last night so now i have something to work with ..many thanks… brian

prestwickwx
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by prestwickwx »

Hi Brian,

The latest updates to the Dark Theme really make it "Pop out" :D

Looks great!

Chuck
https://myrtleweather.com/
Myrtle Beach WX @ Prestwick

rzelle-K1TTC
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by rzelle-K1TTC »

Brian,

The new Dark Theme looks great especially on the iPad.

73s
.. Ron

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

good morning

glad it is ok , long story cut short i have a new desktop 27” mac and a mac mini 2014 to a 32” benq monitor,side by side the contrast between the two were quite noticeable(color profiles handled differently) but not always so apparent unless i was specifically looking .so i basically spent a few minutes and found a balance between the two which also luckily appeared better on the iPad in bright sunlight. simply a small css is all it was filter: brightness(110%) and minor change in dark color.. contrast will always vary based on screen capabilities and screen color profiles but this should be ok across most hardware,devices etc

have a good day..

brian

cheffy
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by cheffy »

Hi Brian,

I have finally got this template up and running and I am really happy with the way it works. I have been using your original Weather Display template before Wim took it on and admired this one from afar for quite some time. I have just bought a meteobridge which gives me access to this template as well and I think it looks great....so thanks for all your hard work over the years on your original work and this one.

I just have a couple of questions I am hoping you can help me with. I notice my 2021 charts have not been updated with my data yet - I have only had this up and running for around 24 hours, however there is data going back to the start of the year and nothing for June yet. Is there something I need to do to fix this?

https://micklehamweather.com/Weather34/ ... s-year.php

Also, and this is a more general question. Is there any option to change when the daily reset happens? In Australia we have a 9am reset - I know it's strange! I just wondered if there was anything easy I could do to change it from midnight to 9am. It's no big deal if this is not possible.

Thanks again.
Neil

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

good morning

i took a look and I can see you have a end of day for the June charts from the 11th June but i see there is no 11th June in the year chart 2021.csv. so at a guess is the 2021.csv file locked ? and also looks as if that file contains the demo data , which you can delete the contents as it is just basic csv output. alternatively just delete the 2021.csv .then run the end of day either through your browser or meteobridge test button to see if it generates any data in the 2021.csv.

confused ? :D sorry morning gallon of filter coffee hasnt kicked in yet could be a simpler way to explain this :D

a couple of times the idea of 9am-9am has been asked but unfortunately it does requires numerous new API variables to do this and there simply is not enough room in the API to do this ,it is already running near the limit 197 variables generated every 10 seconds or whatever the interval upload is set at. its not a case it cant be done it could be done by compiling a dedicated small separate API for that particular requirement just dont see enough demand for it and throw in the time difference between us it would be slow to iron out the issues probably ending up with me guessing and waiting ,having moved away from that approach as it just creates unwanted support requirements and i only tend to generally spend 30 minutes in the morning only to answer emails and forum posts here .

have a good day hope it answers your questions. you are the 10th or 11th gw1000 owner to use it this week and ive noticed none of them use the UV index module does the ecowitt and alike not support UV or is just an oversight of settings when setting up in the template.my neighbor has an ecowitt or did until went wrong back in April his had a uv reading on the console but he is now a proud owner of a VP2 just trying to get him to have a website 😁

thanks for the compliments the aim is not to judge ,better or compare to other offerings just apply ideas that conform to design trends it keeps an happy medium, who knows it could look completely different in a few years then again design ideas tend to repeat themselves every decade or so..the paid version will have more layout options more features and could possibly add the 9am-9am as a feature food for thought 😉

ToTo
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by ToTo »

I have the phenomenon, that always between 7-8 o'clock, a rain is reported before 7 hours. Something must not fit with the calculation of the $seconds_ago in the module weather34-rain.php for this period.

66AB1A56-65FF-47DB-86F0-DEC1FDA04CB9.jpeg
66AB1A56-65FF-47DB-86F0-DEC1FDA04CB9.jpeg (5.87 KiB) Viewed 330 times
4054AF8F-AC4F-4162-89F2-7083A8BD8074.jpeg
4054AF8F-AC4F-4162-89F2-7083A8BD8074.jpeg (19.97 KiB) Viewed 330 times

There was no rain the last days.
Greetings Torsten

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

thanks think I found it ? see what happens tomorrow :-)

Download Update 12th June 2021
* Contains all updates since March 1st
* Fix last rain issue raised by Toto (14:39)

ToTo
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by ToTo »

Thanks, I think the fix was too fast ;-)
Now, no minutes are displayed when raining < 1h .

25E34BF8-7844-4E9F-A3E1-04C5743109AE.jpeg
25E34BF8-7844-4E9F-A3E1-04C5743109AE.jpeg (24.48 KiB) Viewed 294 times
If I comment out this line:
//else if ($seconds_ago <= 7200) { echo 'Precipitation&nbsp;<blue>'.intval($seconds_ago / 3600) .'</blue>&nbsp;Hours Ago'; }
the minutes are also there again displayed.

Whether now further the last rain is indicated between 7-8 o'clock, I must observe the next days. I have actually rather the variable $raintimeago=$originalDate124 in suspicion, that here something wrong is supplied by the Meteobridge?

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

real time data is always required for absolute solutions :D that said fix one thing break another is the new normal :-)

Download Update 12th June 2021
* Contains all updates since March 1st
* 2nd attempt rain issue raised by Toto (16:38)

cheffy
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by cheffy »

Thanks Brian, totally understand about the 9am daily reset....here's hoping this could be something developed for the paid version in the future. :wink:

Re the 2021 charts, I deleted the 2021.csv file and hit the test button in meteobridge and it updated so I think it is all good now.

At this stage I am purposely not using the UV index module - ecowitt does support it but I think it is based off a calculation and is not an actual UV sensor, therefore at times I don't find it to be very accurate. I find it to be one of the weaknesses for this hardware. I have tried using offsets to get a more reliable reading, however I have to constantly change for different times of the year. For now, I have given up on the offsets and left it as is.

Thanks again,
Neil