Weather34 Aurora Version(english supported only)

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

Bart
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Re: Weather34 Aurora Version(english supported only)

Post by Bart »

Good morning,
My MB NanoSD of course is directly connected to the Console, so to my Davis Vantage Pro. But my MB RPI is getting info (via IP) from my WLL. Is the info of that seen as Davis info? Or is the result that I get a Nag screen on that template? If so is there a solution to the (Davis) Weather Link Live info via MB RPI?
thanks,
Bart
weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

Hello good morning Bart Davis WLL via Meteobridge is catered for see Grahams he is using that configuration. see http://ringwoodweather.ddns.net/Aurora2/index.php

also Davis Hardware via meteostick is also covered , if you get the nag screen and are using Davis Hardware which is not directly connected to Meteobridge perhaps via another 3rd party source just give me a URL to diagnose and ill add the solution .

*not all Davis Hardware is directly connected so sometimes the man in the middle may cause the nag screen to appear but easily resolved . as I don't own anything other than NANSD the configurations may get missed but in time all possibilities can be added with use of Davis Hardware.

@Chuck the air quality screen you use which caters for Purple Air and Davis Airlink combination was updated on GitHub this morning to match other chart appearances and no need to to worry about hard coding the link in menu , it will appear if purple Air and Davis Airlink is set to yes in setup screen.Zoom icons and bottom footer all now match other chart views..

"In Davis we trust "

see screenshot

aq.png
aq.png (171.08 KiB) Viewed 477 times
garybridge
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by garybridge »

weatherist34 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:22 pm
weatherist34 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:51 pm
rzelle-K1TTC wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:42 pm Graham & Brian,

Not seeing the nag screen here I think I'm at the latest update? I used the .zip method since my github is no longer able to access the repository?

..Ron
Ron GITHUB repo is online as of an hour ago ..
good stuff Ron, very minor visual changes but most significant change is Davis Vantage only compatibility, once the dust settles it will be smoother going forward..

ps boat im on the verge of buying one next just a bit of bureaucracy todo with transfer of registration, also renaming the boat though it has a unique registration number the name is open to be changed so my UK friends will get this naming it “Uncle Albert” aka only fools and horses character..wife is a fanatic of the series..
Brian…
Boats…must only be renamed whilst out of the water or bad luck will ensue…( apparently) :lol:
Last edited by garybridge on Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Bridge MIET, MIPS.

https://whaleybridge-weather.com
Bart
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by Bart »

No Nag screen (yet..). Thought I'd ask before it goes wrong.
The WLL is set as 1st weather station on the MB RPI (via internal IP).

@Graham Why does the WLL seem unable or unwilling to upload the information directly without the intervention of an MB?

I'm curious about Github by the way. What is that in terms of what is it used for. I suppose downloads. Is that different or better than downloading a zip?

Have a nice day,

Bart
weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

garybridge wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:26 am
weatherist34 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:22 pm
weatherist34 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:51 pm
Ron GITHUB repo is online as of an hour ago ..
good stuff Ron, very minor visual changes but most significant change is Davis Vantage only compatibility, once the dust settles it will be smoother going

ps boat im on the verge of buying one next just a bit of bureaucracy todo with transfer of registration, also renaming the boat though it has a unique registration number the name is open to be changed so my UK friends will get this naming it “Uncle Albert” aka only fools and horses character..wife is a fanatic of the series..
Brian…
Boats…must only be renamed whilst out of the water or bad lick will ensue…( apparently) :lol:
im fortunate then it was never named by previous owner .. hence the name of boat is open just has a registration number on side of it painted. the bureaucratic part is transfer of registration..

https://youtu.be/TBWtEvGlTbk 😁

bart i dont own WLL so im not in a position to comment but if your not getting the nag screen then it shows WLL is catered for.

Github if you understand how Github works then you can simply sync updates as an when they happen .sadly im not getting into educational ways of Github benefits,just have to digest the advantages of Github but using simple updates downloads is probably safer until you gain some experience and knowledge of Github .. dont practice on a live site things may go very wrong..

the purpose of simple updates was to provide a simple one click solution via setup screen , it generally means we are all on the same boat when issues arise.

for non Davis owners im truly sorry really am but the hardest part of implementing ideas,fixes etc has been catering for hardware i dont own generally davis hardware is pretty much a common configuration and history of the product range is stable and common.
Last edited by weatherist34 on Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bart
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by Bart »

About the WLL... I thought maybe Graham knows as you pointed out.

No worries. I'm not going to practice on a live site. That's why I don't buy a boat. Way too dangerous!
I think I'm busy enough with acquiring knowledge for now. So thanks for the little insight, I'll just keep downloading and uploading. There we are in the same boat. So it seems... :shock: :lol:

Bart
cheffy
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by cheffy »

@All

Please read !!

Due to the rather inept email I recieved yesterday as of Monday the master download and update files will only be compatible with Davis Vantage hardware that meaning Davis Vantage Pro2(+),Vantage Vue,Envoy .

All other brands like Ecowitt(Fine Offset likes),Weatherflow,Oregon will see a permanent NAG SCREEN advising your weather station hardware is not compatible . The template will still recognize other brands where used as a second station, third station for picking up extra sensors like purple air,airlink,weatherflow lightning,ecowitt lightning ,luftdaten but only when used as an additional sensor will these brands work. The brands will not work or be recognized if they are the main station sensor. Im sorry I really am but Ive said many times, reiterated many times I am not the guy to develop for the vast array of sensors particularly Ecowitt types but Im not going to go over old ground time and time again so If you own a Davis Vantage type hardware then your in safe hands, if not please look elsewhere around the various weather forums there are many solutions to meet your requirements .

so there we are Im sorry but inept emails are not the way to get me to adapt the template to anything other than Davis Vantage hardware .I love to collaborate constructively always appreciate ideas or solutions that are brought to the table but inept emails your wasting time it just deters progress .(ideas/solutions/bugs are constantly acknowledge weekly in change logs on download page , I believe in acknowledging input and efforts made by others ) .

as of Monday nag screen...
Hi Brian,

I understand why you have done this and although I am disappointed I can no longer update my template, I respect your decision.

Based on your post I had planned to get the latest update before Monday, however when I went to update today I noticed the nag screen had already been introduced.

Is there any chance you could provide a link to the last update before this was introduced?

Thanks,
Neil
weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

Good day “Mate” just drop an email i have the update from the 10th September on my backup drive.. anything after that has the nag screen..
prestwickwx
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by prestwickwx »

weatherist34 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:41 am Hello good morning Bart Davis WLL via Meteobridge is catered for see Grahams he is using that configuration. see http://ringwoodweather.ddns.net/Aurora2/index.php

also Davis Hardware via meteostick is also covered , if you get the nag screen and are using Davis Hardware which is not directly connected to Meteobridge perhaps via another 3rd party source just give me a URL to diagnose and ill add the solution .

*not all Davis Hardware is directly connected so sometimes the man in the middle may cause the nag screen to appear but easily resolved . as I don't own anything other than NANSD the configurations may get missed but in time all possibilities can be added with use of Davis Hardware.

@Chuck the air quality screen you use which caters for Purple Air and Davis Airlink combination was updated on GitHub this morning to match other chart appearances and no need to to worry about hard coding the link in menu , it will appear if purple Air and Davis Airlink is set to yes in setup screen.Zoom icons and bottom footer all now match other chart views..

"In Davis we trust "

see screenshot

aq.png
Brian,

OK. Got it.

Many thanks,

Chuck
https://myrtleweather.com/
Myrtle Beach WX @ Prestwick
woolfg
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by woolfg »

Hi Brian

I have the combined UV and Solar panel as shown below on my main display
UV-Solar.jpg
UV-Solar.jpg (19.51 KiB) Viewed 391 times
However when I click on the Extra Info it only shows UV Data there isnt any Solar Radiation Extra Data information
UV-Solar Extra Data.jpg
UV-Solar Extra Data.jpg (105.41 KiB) Viewed 391 times
Can Solar info be added ?

Regards

Graham
weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

click the solar radiation chart icon .. :D
woolfg
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by woolfg »

Ah Got It

Too clever for me :D

Graham
weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

woolfg wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:12 am Ah Got It

Too clever for me :D

Graham
no worries :-)

improved it to be a bit more friendly ..

Download Update 13th September 2021
* (09:02) * Do NOT UPDATE if you are not using Davis Vantage Hardware !
* (09:02) * Corrects typo in Luftdaen Air Quality files Ref Shaun W.
* (09:02) * Adds SVG geometricPrecision to css .
* (09:02) * Improves solar radiation chart visibility Ref Graham .

* Please always do a *backup before running updates

uvisol.jpg
uvisol.jpg (195.88 KiB) Viewed 318 times
woolfg
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by woolfg »

Hi Brian

Thats great - thanks

Graham
prestwickwx
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by prestwickwx »

Hi Brian,

I just noticed an Overflow on the console charts. Showing slightly in Chrome and more in Firefox. I must have happened in Saturdays update - I believe it was fine prior to that. When I go to your site I don't see this issue, but it does show if I go to mine or Ron's.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (151.76 KiB) Viewed 305 times
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (98.02 KiB) Viewed 305 times
Update: Fixed :D

Take care,

Chuck
https://myrtleweather.com/
Myrtle Beach WX @ Prestwick