Weather34 Aurora Version(english supported only)

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Weather34 Aurora Version(english supported only)

Post by weatherist34 »

Bart wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:03 pm
Thanks Gary,

Ik did copy the files this way. The date of the files on the server changed. So that's ok. But the date in the window "Weather34" (where you seecheck for updates) is still "Aurora MKII 10th March 2021 Stable Release". Maybe someone can see if my site is up-to-date now? :shock: :? :lol:
Bart
good morning
I think this is something locally on server side and likely all about permissions which can be tedious to check. also the permissions may be changed due to desktop environment settings also so .
I have just tested the simple update for the 11th March on Lars server at https://singaporeweather.info/ which he gives me regular access has his data is always an extreme due to his location in Singapore , it gives me a real good look at scenarios glad to say it ran and updated correctly without any issue .
The tell tell sign for recent update not running correctly is in the chart font see screenshot of correctly updated and not updated .

with that Im off later today so feel free to resolve amongst yourselves not back for a few weeks...

have a great weekend ahead Brian ...
bac.png
bac.png (297.32 KiB) Viewed 643 times

Bart
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Bart »

Hello, well they say never give up. Although everything was already fine. I downloaded again this morning. Zip now had file right 777 without my involvement. Installed over the already updated files. Now the date is right, "Aurora MKII 11th March 2021 Stable Release". Looks like something changed on the provider side last night. Thanks for all the patience Brian and have a good time. Stay healthy and safe.

Bart

garybridge
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by garybridge »

Bart wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:45 pm
Hello, well they say never give up. Although everything was already fine. I downloaded again this morning. Zip now had file right 777 without my involvement. Installed over the already updated files. Now the date is right, "Aurora MKII 11th March 2021 Stable Release". Looks like something changed on the provider side last night. Thanks for all the patience Brian and have a good time. Stay healthy and safe.

Bart
Hi Bart
I too struggled to reliably make the date in that text read correctly after a successful update.
I consulted His Masters Voice ( Brian) and he immediately said “cached web pages” so now after an update I go into the browser clear the cache and go back... That now never fails for me.
If it doesn’t update then when I look on the web server, I always find as well as the update zip file
, a normal folder with the identical name of the zip file.
That folder contains all the files and folders that Brian has zipped up.
It is as if the the extraction routine has completed early.
I was until yesterday convinced that this was due to permissions on the zip file not allowing it to run correctly as triple 7 thing I hadn’t had a single failure.
I’m now at a loss to explain.
As a matter of interest who provides your web space?
Gary Bridge MIET, MIPS.

https://whaleybridge-weather.com

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

garybridge wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:08 pm
Bart wrote:

Bart
Hi Bart
I too struggled to reliably make the date in that text read correctly after a successful update.
I consulted His Masters Voice ( Brian) and he immediately said “cached web pages” so now after an update I go into the browser clear the cache and go back... That now never fails for me.
If it doesn’t update then when I look on the web server, I always find as well as the update zip file
I was until yesterday convinced that this was due to permissions on the zip file not allowing it to run correctly as triple 7 thing I hadn’t had a single failure.
HMV ..I hope thats not how I am perceived :D..i just try to keep everyone safely on board , those that lean over the side often fall in and realize they cant swim so well and call for help and being an english gentleman who never quotes “I told you” I often throw them a lifeline before they sink into unknown depths.. Sometimes I need a lifeline because sometimes I cant swim so well..have a great weekend ..brian..

Bart
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Bart »

Thanks and no not be me no.I for one like to learn how to swim in these waters. We will work it out as long as we listen carefully and save what the swim instructor says. Have a great weekend and weeks too. Bart

garybridge
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by garybridge »

weatherist34 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:23 pm
garybridge wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:08 pm
Bart wrote:

Bart
Hi Bart
HMV ..I hope thats not how I am perceived :D..i just try to keep everyone safely on board , those that lean over the side often fall in and realize they cant swim so well and call for help and being an english gentleman who never quotes “I told you” I often throw them a lifeline before they sink into unknown depths.. Sometimes I need a lifeline because sometimes I cant swim so well..have a great weekend ..brian..
You’d have blushed if I had called you Superman ❤️
Gary Bridge MIET, MIPS.

garybridge
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by garybridge »

Have just noticed that in Chrome (Windows) that if I am viewing charts using the Chrome Zoom function at 150 % magnification the Chart titles disappear, Only happens in Dark Mode and they return if I zoom down.

Doesn't happen in Edge, or firefox as far as I can see

Anybody else see this ?
Gary Bridge MIET, MIPS.

jmontamat
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by jmontamat »

IIt happens to me too, on several Windows computers too, at Chrome Zoom function at 100 %
I e-mailed Brian.

Bart
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Bart »

Just for your information, it does not happen on MacOs. :wink: :wink: :D :D Bart

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

Good afternoon

firstly sincere apologies for not responding to emails and personal forum messages been very preoccupied with non website or internet related stuff.

Reference chrome Im not able to reproduce locally however I use a Mac OS version of chrome that said was never designed to run at 150% was 99% designed for iPad and standard desktop view. Not being a windows or chrome user these things will be overlooked .

Unfortunately Im not in any position to implement any new features had planned for . It will be quite some time perhaps many months as I am off again end of this week and very focused on other things at present and for the foreseeable future so template support/ additional features etc will take a back seat .

I did apply one small update today which was moon phase scripts related and color phrases for wind direction.

Download Update 22nd March 2021
* Adds reverse moon phase for southern hemisphere (15:32).
* Updates Moon related scripts (08:43).
* Adds wind direction color phrases (08:43).
* Updates info file (08:43).

as above sincere apologies for no support for a few months or more.

Covid situation has taken a drastic turn for the worse in recent weeks here, we were looking good prior to March and look set for a promising summer and future but that seems to not be the case currently and to be honest we are all drained and exhausted from the last 12 months of restrictions, awkwardness and so on just like many other densely populated places in the world . Whilst the vaccine began rolling out in January at a promising pace it has slowed considerably so for now we are not in a good situation .

do take care all..

Brian

prestwickwx
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by prestwickwx »

Hi Brian,

I hope things get back to normal this summer, as more become vaccinated. I am sure it is difficult to control the spread in densely populated areas, like yours.

Take care and be safe.

Chuck
https://myrtleweather.com/
Myrtle Beach WX @ Prestwick

ToTo
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by ToTo »

weatherist34 wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:20 am
After a brief discussion with Boris , there will be a new weather34 end of day API option under weather networks , its a one click solution that will simply run once a day . I will simply test it for a week or so and make it 100% compatible with existing chart data.
The option is available with firmware 5.1. If I enable this, then I can delete the separate call of weather34-chart-end-of-day.php in the service tab, right?

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

ToTo wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:28 am
weatherist34 wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:20 am
After a brief discussion with Boris , there will be a new weather34 end of day API option under weather networks , its a one click solution that will simply run once a day . I will simply test it for a week or so and make it 100% compatible with existing chart data.
The option is available with firmware 5.1. If I enable this, then I can delete the separate call of weather34-chart-end-of-day.php in the service tab, right?
hi
in short this feature is not ready not sure why it appeared , simply I have not had time to use it or test it since February and certainly not in a position to support any new features at the moment .my current internet is literally a iPhone and mentioned before very preoccupied on non internet, web related stuff . so in short the template code has no idea how to use it , it is something i began working with Boris in February but other things have taken over my time at present. I hope to look at this and support sometime in near or far future.

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

prestwickwx wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:50 pm
Hi Brian,

I hope things get back to normal this summer, as more become vaccinated. I am sure it is difficult to control the spread in densely populated areas, like yours.

Take care and be safe.

Chuck
hello chuck

yes in istanbul it has escalated to a serious situation the average daily case is near 30000 moving from 4 weeks ago an average 8-9000 per day when you multiply that by a simple 7 days you begin to see the bigger picture .our home area in istanbul went from a low risk area high risk area as above things looked promising but has deteriorated rapidly in recent weeks..

take care ...brian

ToTo
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by ToTo »

weatherist34 wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:00 am

hi
in short this feature is not ready not sure why it appeared , simply I have not had time to use it or test it since February and certainly not in a position to support any new features at the moment.
ok, thanks for the clarification.

Here in Germany, the number of cases is rising sharply and unfortunately there are still too many unreasonable people.

I wish all the best and stay healthy.