Meteobridge supports Raspberry Pi 3B, 3B+, 4B

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

vacation_land
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Meteobridge supports Raspberry Pi 3B, 3B+, 4B

Post by vacation_land »

Indeed that works but I wonder if that is something that a not too technically capable user will be able to do. It looks like it is a small defect in the firmware that is leading to the info put into the GUI not being captured in the underlying OS.

There also seems to be a difference in how Min/Max Data can be edited on that tab. Instead of being able to update it, clicking on a data cell now takes you to the Edit Data page of the History tab instead of allowing you to simply edit the data. It is unclear if that was intentional or not.

It is also perhaps worthy to note that manually changing the /etc/resolv.conf file is not persistent through a reboot. You do need to change the values for the DNS in the /tmp/resolv.conf or perhaps even in the /tmp/resolv.conf.d/resolv.conf.auto file to make it persistent through a reboot.

webcam
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by webcam »

Hello,
I made variant 1, but after a restart everything is back to the old one.
Greeting
Daniel
Attachments
rpi.jpg
rpi.jpg (4.91 KiB) Viewed 1653 times

galfert
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by galfert »

Hang tight. I'm sure Boris will address this issue with an update. My previous advice was only intended as a temporary quick fix.
Meteobridge RPI | GW1000

galfert
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by galfert »

webcam wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:14 pm
Hello,
come back to the problem of SD card.
Found another one.
Kingston micro SDHC Industrial, but that doesn't work either.
Kingston is not on the list.
viewtopic.php?p=35663#p35663

Besides "industrial" does not necessarily mean it is SLC.
Meteobridge RPI | GW1000

webcam
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by webcam »

Sorry, saw it too late. But it was worth a try ...

BigAlT
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by BigAlT »

As my earlier post ( edited ) says, only those microSD cards on the list I posted from the Wiki are recognized by the Meteobridge software. Buy the one I mentioned. It’s by far the least expensive SLC microSD Card and 2GB as well.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

vacation_land wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:26 pm
There also seems to be a difference in how Min/Max Data can be edited on that tab. Instead of being able to update it, clicking on a data cell now takes you to the Edit Data page of the History tab instead of allowing you to simply edit the data. It is unclear if that was intentional or not.
When fitted with a matching SD card hourly data is stored locally. Then Meteobridge acts like a MB PRO or NANO SD which means you don't simply state a min/max value for a certain time period, but this is computed from logged hourly data. Therefore, you have to edit that hourly data to reflect a change in min/max values.
vacation_land wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:26 pm
It is also perhaps worthy to note that manually changing the /etc/resolv.conf file is not persistent through a reboot. You do need to change the values for the DNS in the /tmp/resolv.conf or perhaps even in the /tmp/resolv.conf.d/resolv.conf.auto file to make it persistent through a reboot.
You are not expected to change that.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

vacation_land wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:51 pm
For some reason the Meteobridge RPi 4 firmware is not respecting DNS server information. This holds true for both DHCP assigned and statically assigned DNS servers. This is in contrast to both the TP-Link and Nano-SD Meteobridge versions. I run a local DNS and the RPi version is not working as I would like because it cannot find local resources without hard coding the IP (yes this works but isn't ideal). It seems to force the use of the local host for the DNS server or something else is messing with DNS server selection. Anyone seeing this?
Cannot confirm. It gets DNS info from my router fine.
Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-12 um 16.53.20.png
Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-12 um 16.53.20.png (22.43 KiB) Viewed 1603 times

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

Ah, now I see. When setting a DNS server manually it shows 127.0.0.1. I think reason is that Meteobridge on RPI does make use of a local dnsmasq process, that acts as a local DNS and local IP is 127.0.0.1.

I think, nothing to be worried about but looks strange at first moment. Local DNS resolution has the advantage to reduce LAN traffic, as one of the users made the point missing this on the NANO and PRO.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

DNS display quirk will be fixed with the next update. Good news is that dnsmasq makes already use of a manually specified DNS. It is just a display issue.

WessexWeather
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by WessexWeather »

This is exciting news! How straightforward is it to migrate from the standard TP-Link setup for a seamless switch to a Raspberry Pi?
Simon

vacation_land
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by vacation_land »

Quick question. How long should a license transfer request sent to info (at) meteobridge.com take to complete? I'm going on six days and getting closer to trial license expiry and it is not clear if my request is in the queue or lost in the ether. Any info would be appreciated.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

Please send again to "info(at)meteobridge.com". May be I overlooked that.

vacation_land
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by vacation_land »

OK sounds good. Email request resent. Thanks.

josecmorales
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by josecmorales »

I found this MicroSD on amazon, works? SanDisk 16GB Industrial MLC MicroSD SDHC UHS-I Class 10 SDSDQAF3-016G
The weather in Guayana, Venezuela
@climaguayana