Insane wind speed spikes, always 134.2mph

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

WessexWeather
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Insane wind speed spikes, always 134.2mph

Post by WessexWeather »

I’ve been using Meteobridge since 2016 to process my Davis data and upload it to my Meteotemplate website, and various other services. It’s always worked well, although the history data on the MB itself often gets messed up - I gave up trying to amend it eventually! However this doesn’t affect my MT data or that uploaded to other services.

https://www.wessexweather.net/meteotemplate/index.php

I’ve recently added a WeatherFlow Tempest as station #1, and set up a template to create a realtime.txt file to my server every 30 seconds. I have been using this to feed a secondary PWS_Dashboard website containing only the Tempest data: -

https://www.mytempestuk.com/pwsWD/index.php

Several times recently the Meteobridge has recorded spurious wind gusts of 134.2mph (60m/s in Meteobridge), which has thrown out my daily, monthly and yearly records, and has been incredibly time consuming to correct.

I have now started powering my PWS_Dashboard directly from the WeatherFlow API which is fine, but I would like to use the Meteobridge if possible.

Can anyone throw any light on why this is happening, and why the gust speed is always the same?
Simon

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Insane wind speed spikes, always 134.2mph

Post by admin »

I can block those spikes on Meteobridge side with next update. It is a weatherflow station?

WessexWeather
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by WessexWeather »

Yes it is. Is this a known issue?
Simon

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

Not to my attention. Did you try google on this? However, these spikes should be blocked with next update.

WessexWeather
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by WessexWeather »

No I didn’t Google it because the spikes only show on the Meteobridge rather then the WeatherFlow API. When you asked if it was a WeatherFlow station, I just assumed you may have known about the issue, that’s all.

Thanks for the fix.
Simon