GW1000 Soil Moisture Stopped Working

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

Andyk1
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by Andyk1 »

Sorry to bother you but just noticed my soil moisture sensor stopped working on Dec 6th. I probably rebooted for that update but did not see the Ecowitt sensor stopped receiving data. I can not find it anywhere in Meteobridge settings, mapping. The only place I see it is in Live Data, Raw Sensor Data but not able to see it in my Meteotemplate MySQL or Block that shows Soil Moisture. Not sure you still have the Access msg still but it should be in Private messages.

Andy

galfert
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by galfert »

Open the WS View app. Make sure that there you see your sensors on the proper channels there. If you replace a battery on a sensor like a soil sensor or if the battery is starting to go bad the Sensor ID will change randomly. This causes the GW1000 to acquire or in some cases if there are no remaining available un-registered channels to then not be picked up at all. When the sensor's ID changes it is necessary to re-register the sensor in WS View for the appropriate channel.

Also there have been some changes to sensor variable on the Meteobridge. It might be necessary to ensure that the proper variables are being use for the Meteotemplate to work...depending on when your previous Meteobridge reboot was. Meaning if you were running much older version it has been some months now that the variables changed. The variables changed around the time that the Meteobridge gained the ability to use multiple stations simultaneously.

Bottom line....make sure that everything is okay in WS View first. Second check that data is correct in Meteobridge Raw Sensor data and then look at Min/Max Data to find out what the sensor variable names are (with a mouse over). Then cross reference that with the use of external data sends.
Meteobridge RPI | GW1000

Andyk1
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by Andyk1 »

Sorry man I just saw this message. I guess you know I have since moved over to the Rpi 4B like most it seems. Still having problems with the remaping thingy.

Gyvate
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re: GW1000 Soil Moisture Stopped Working

Post by Gyvate »

Andyk1 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:21 pm
Sorry man I just saw this message. I guess you know I have since moved over to the Rpi 4B like most it seems. Still having problems with the remaping thingy.
Not sure what exactly you mean by the remapping ...
Meteotemplate can be an issue -
I had long issues with the Weather network version of MB - and created my own api string to send data to meteotemplate - it works perfectly ever since (with a short interruption in January when all soil moisture sensors disappeared from MB - back again after 2 weeks).
If you are interested,
I must have published it already in some post either here or in the WXforum.
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=15536&p=38112&hili ... ate#p38112
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=40447.0
WH4000SE 1.5.8/GW1000 1.6.6/HP1000SE Pro 1.7.1/WH2650 1.6.7-ß
2xMeteobridge Pro [B+R],RPi4-2/16
Ecowitt 5763, 5764; WU ISAARB3; ISAARB22; Weathercloud 3011399141; http://meshka.eu/meteo/template - http://meshka.eu/Weather34

Andyk1
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re: GW1000 Soil Moisture Stopped Working

Post by Andyk1 »

Thank you... I will very much look into it. Your API.