Sensor Mapping is not being saved. **solved**

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

mehdi
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Sensor Mapping is not being saved. **solved**

Post by mehdi »

I am using a WeatherFlow Tempest station and Meteobridge is mapping some of the sensors as "indoor" data. Tempest doesn't have any indoor temp/humidity/pressure sensors.
Meteo_mapping.PNG
Meteo_mapping.PNG (88.63 KiB) Viewed 198 times
I've tried to correct this using the Mapping screen of Meteobridge by selecting and setting the affected sensors (thb0!0dew, thb0!0hum and thb0!0temp) one at a time, to "No Mapping", but Meteobridge isn't saving the setting... I see no "Save" button in this screen! Is there another way to force Meteobridge not to use these and/or correctly map the sensors?

I've rebooted the Meteobridge to make sure it has the latest software version and it is still the same.
Meteo_info.PNG
Meteo_info.PNG (70.37 KiB) Viewed 198 times
Thanks for your help.
-- Mehdi

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Sensor Mapping is not being saved

Post by admin »

I just tested sensor mapping on my DIR-505 with most recent SW and it is a bit slow but it works fine.

Not sure what you want to achieve by unmapping standard sensors. Looks like a silly idea to me.
When another sensor should be your th0temp, then just map a sensor to it. No need to unmap anything.

mehdi
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Sensor Mapping is not being saved. **solved**

Post by mehdi »

Then I must be misunderstanding something... Can you help me understand it, please?

Weatherflow Tempest station does not have any indoor sensors. Meteobridge is mapping thb0!0dew, thb0!0hum and thb0!0temp as indoor devices/sensors. Are these spurious/extra sensors that Tempest is reporting or are they extra sensors Meteobridge adding on its own?

Thank you.
-- Mehdi

mehdi
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by mehdi »

By the way, I just checked the latest version, and the issue with mapping a sensor as "No Mapping" is still there. It seems to take effect until you leave the tab. Once you leave the tab (i.e. after the setting the sensor to "No Mapping" let it accept the mapping and then go to any other tab) and return back to the Mapping tab the original mapping for that sensor returns (i.e. the "No Mapping" does not stick).
-- Mehdi

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

mehdi wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:15 am
Then I must be misunderstanding something... Can you help me understand it, please?

Weatherflow Tempest station does not have any indoor sensors. Meteobridge is mapping thb0!0dew, thb0!0hum and thb0!0temp as indoor devices/sensors. Are these spurious/extra sensors that Tempest is reporting or are they extra sensors Meteobridge adding on its own?

Thank you.
For this specific station the data is also reported as indoor data (as the station does not have a console providing indoor data) to avoid compatibility issues with further processing. Just ignore.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

Unmapping basic sensors needed for reporting to weather stations is not supported. You can remap those but not unmap. There is no point in umapping those.

mehdi
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by mehdi »

OK, thanks for your response.
-- Mehdi