Unknown file from Nano SD to server

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

Bart
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Unknown file from Nano SD to server

Post by Bart »

I've been running a service on my Nano SD for some time now. Worked fine. Together with an upload via ftp to my server visible on my site. Also works fine
Unfortunately I've been having problems with this for a few weeks now.

If it works then the intention is that a file in the format:
/public_html/upload/[YYYY]-[MM]-[DD].html is uploaded to the server. Speaks for itself and that file is also readable. Example 2021-06-12.html
However. The server regularly receives a file with this name:
mb-2021-06-12.html and it is unreadable. Do not know what it is.

I have tried everything, sometimes several times.
- Temporarily deleted older files from my server to reduce the number.
- Restart my modem and router
- Removed the Nano and put it back (is that a good idea?)
- Rebooted the Nano.

I do not know anymore. Everything seems to be fine, but I see a strange phenomenon.
That is a discrepancy in minutes (!) between the UTC time and the local time. I have changed the local settings to a place in the same time zone. And put it back. A reboot of course. I did the same before, but apparently the difference in time arises again.

Nano runs on:
Meteobridge 5.1 (June 13 2021, build 3873), FW 1.4

Bottomline I actually want to know how and why that unreadable file mb-xxx-xx-xx.html appears on my server.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Unknown file from Nano SD to server

Post by admin »

FTP client application (ncftpput) used by meteobridge first uploads the file with the "mb_" prefix and then renames it to the desired filename. Your FTP server needs to support this and the account used needs to have needed priviledges. May be the server is out of free space?

Bart
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by Bart »

OK, thanks. Is it ok assuming that if that “mb-…” remains where it is on the server for what ever reason. The upload of the next and the next files will be stagnated?

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

The file should be overwritten. Did you check FTP server storage capacity and rights for the FTP-user you told Meteobridge to use for the upload?

Bart
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by Bart »

Yes checked that. And that was not the problem as well. Storage room more than enough same on rights. So after digging around on all possible trouble causers I stopped and completely renewed the setup. I still don not understand why it was ok for months and suddenly these troubles occurred. I even “witnessed” the change from _mb file to the actual file after you pointed that out. But I was not a regularly process. Strange…
Thanks again,

Bart