We took quite some effort to have this realized for you as easy as possible. All you have to do is to follow these simple steps.
1) Go to "System" tab and set the mark at "Allow login from the Internet via this URL" and press "save and apply" button to activate this feature.
2) Copy the URL behind the "this URL" link. The linked URL will allow you a login to your Meteobridge from the Internet. To test the feature you can click "this URL" and your Meteobridge admin interface will appear in a separate browser window.
3) You will still need the password to login remotely. When you want to grant someone else access to help solving an issue,
please change password to something like "needhelp" and tell the one intended to login remotely. Don't forget to change
back, when support has been done to have your system protected against misuse.
- Technologie behind this is setting up a ssh tunnel to a gateway server in the Internet. It is your responsibility to check out if the Internet security policy of your company does allow you to setup a ssh tunnel for that purpose. If not sure, ask your network admin.
- In some advanced firewall scenarios and when http communication is forced to go through a http proxy, the ssh tunnel can not be established and remote access will not be possible.
- When you initially setup your Meteobridge it takes up to one hour until the new device is registered at the gateway server.
- When you set or unset the mark at "allow login from the Internet" it will take 5 minutes until the change is registered at the gateway server. So have some patience when setting the mark and testing if the new link behaves as expected.