all about Meteohub on the new Raspberry PI platform

Moderator: Mattk

KK7GO
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Unable to Login Windows Image

Post by KK7GO »

Hello,

I flashed the mhrpi-v5.0s to a SD card. I am using the Raspberry Pi 3B v1.2 hardware.

When I insert the SD card and trun on the RPI, once I get to a login (meteohub-rpi) prompt, I entered the default login "meteohub" along with the default password "meteohub"

I get an invalid message.

What have I missed?

Thank you.

Ron

KK7GO
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Unable to Login Windows Image

Post by KK7GO »

Looking closed on the boards, I see that the image I flashed will not work with RPI 3B

I see I need to use the Frankenkernal image

Sorry for the miss post

Thanks

Ron

BigAlT
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re: Unable to Login Windows Image

Post by BigAlT »

All recent Meteohub images run fine on the RPi 3B. The Frankenkernal image is only needed on the 3B+. To avoid the issues with the Frankenkernal image, it’s easier to get a 3B which are plentiful on eBay.
If you haven’t purchased a Meteohub subscription yet you should be aware that it seems very unlikely that Boris will be updating the Meteohub software image. The current software images are based on Raspbian Wheezy which is no longer supported and for which updates and upgrades are no longer available. I do not believe Boris will be creating a new Meteohub image based on the current Raspbian Buster. This means that the last RPi platform that is officially supported is the 3B.
A suggestion is to purchase a DLink DIR-505 ( available on eBay for $20 or so ) and convert it to a Meteobridge by uploading it with the Meteobridge firmware you can download from the Forum site. It’s small, self powered and Boris is continually improving and adding features to the Meteobridge platform. The subscription is a little more expensive and has to be renewed every two years to continue to receive updates ( at a lower cost ) but seems to be a better choice than the Meteohub platform which seems to be at end of life.