all about Meteohub on the new Raspberry PI platform

Moderator: Mattk

D70
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Wifi (WLAN) - Can't configure - Raspberry Pi 3 Model B

Post by D70 »

Hi.

I'm having troubles to configure my meteohub to work with WLAN.
I managed to setup the wlan properly, but for any reason, even restarting with the ethernet cable unplugged the meteohub always starts with the eth0 on and routes configured for eth0.

To make work I always have to shutdown the interface and I have to configure:

Code: Select all

"ifconfig eth0 down"
and then configure the routes:

Code: Select all

route add default gw 192.168.1.1 wlan0
route del default gw 192.168.1.1 eth0
route del -net 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 eth0
Only after this configuration I can unplug the cable and the meteohub starts responding through the wlan interface.
But, if I restart the meteohub with the eth0 cable unplugged I can't access the meteohub again.

Any help?

mikeo
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: Wifi (WLAN) - Can't configure - Raspberry Pi 3 Model B

Post by mikeo »

Are you using the built-in WiFi interface, the BCM43143 or a USB WiFi module? I'm trying to get the BCM43143 working, but it appears that there isn't a driver available for the "wheezy" release.

If you were able to find a driver for the on-board BCM43143, could you please provide some information on how you were able to get it working?

I've configured /etc/network/interfaces but my Pi 3 Model B (not B+) BCM43143 isn't recognized by the 5.0s release from Boris.

mikeo
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: Wifi (WLAN) - Can't configure - Raspberry Pi 3 Model B

Post by mikeo »

I was able to get the onboard WiFi working on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B (not B+) by following these instructions:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 6&t=138714

The short version is that you need to download the .deb package to the Raspberry Pi, then run the package install command. There isn't anything in the package that needs to be configured. The instructions for editing the /etc/network/interfaces config file are still accurate, or you can use the GUI interface via the onboard wired ethernet connection, then reboot.