My new Raspberry Pi 4 - AWEKAS upload issue ** solved **

This section covers the Meteobridge PRO, NANO SD and Raspberry Pi units exclusively

Moderator: Mattk

captgadget
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

My new Raspberry Pi 4 - AWEKAS upload issue ** solved **

Post by captgadget »

I have everything working except AWEKAS. I've checked the config file and the user ID and Password are correct so I'm wondering if there might a bug in the program somewhere. I can log in to the AWEKAS webpage just fine with the same credentials.

UPDATE - New Firmware Released:
viewtopic.php?p=36060#p36060

galfert
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: My new Raspberry Pi 4 up and running

Post by galfert »

Boris,
Please have a look at MB code in the Pi image regarding AWEKAS upload. I can upload to AWEKAS with my Meteobridge (MR3020) using captgadget's credentials. I've remoted in and doubled checked everything was correct with captgadget's configuration. Downloaded a Meteobridge config backup and looked at the config file. Data was being saved correctly with all the xawekas entries. Tried erasing all xwekas entries from the config file and restoring to the Pi. Then newly entered in username and password for AWEKAS and it still didn't work....still get red X's.

I'm also an administrator at AWEKAS and I reset the password thinking that there might be a problem with the AWEKAS account. One of the passwords that we were using had ! character in the password. Thinking that maybe the Meteobridge may not like that character the password was changed and replaced ! with - (dash) and it still doesn't work. There are no problems with the AWEKAS account as we can log into the user's web portal. And as I said the current password does work when uploading with a Meteobridge MR3020.

I'd be curious to know if anyone with a Meteobridge Raspberry Pi is able to upload to AWEKAS. The Pi being used is a 4B.

Thanks!
George
MR3020 v1
GW1000

wvdkuil
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: My new Raspberry Pi 4 up and running

Post by wvdkuil »

Confirmed:
Can not upload to Awekas using my credentials on a Rapsberry 4B

Code: Select all

Platform:	Raspberry Pi 4 Model B  
RAM:	1903 MB total, 1738 MB free (8% used)
Storage:	WD SLC, 14.6 GB total, 14.4 GB free (1% used, 10.0 yrs)
SW Version:	Meteobridge 5.0 (Nov 20 2020, build 1511), FW 1.3
Uptime:	23 hours, 8 minutes    Buffer: 1 items (0%)
Also created an extra account => no luck either

See attached screenshot.

Wim
Attachments
awekas.jpeg
awekas.jpeg (101.98 KiB) Viewed 319 times
Support for Leuven-Template & Scripts at https://support.leuven-template.eu/
Support for the PWS_Dashboard (HWS-template) https://pwsdashboard.com/

galfert
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: My new Raspberry Pi 4 - AWEKAS upload issue

Post by galfert »

Temporary Solution:
UPDATE:** Please continue reading this thread as a new firmware makes this temporary solution unnecessary **

Thank you Wim for confirming. In the mean time a temporary fix is to use WU manually crafted HTTP upload format as AWEKAS does support the WU protocol also. This is complicated and requires knowledge of the WU protocol formatting. I could piece it together but by the time I do that I know Boris will have fixed this bug.

EDIT: Well I had some time to attempt the creation of this manual HTTP upload. Here it is. [s]But I've not tested it. It should work though.[/s]
UPDATE: TESTED and it works!
Add this to your MB Services / Events as an HTTP upload and set to appropriate interval for your account type (don't forget to edit in your AWEKAS username and password for the XXXXX's):

Code: Select all

https://ws.awekas.at/weatherstation/updateweatherstation.php?ID=XXXXXXXXX&PASSWORD=XXXXXX&dateutc=now&winddir=[wind0dir-avg1]&windspeedmph=[wind0wind-avg1=mph]&windgustmph=[wind0wind-max10=mph]&tempf=[th0temp-act=F]&rainin=[rain0total-daysum=in.2]&baromin=[thb0seapress-act=inHg.2]&dewptf=[th0dew-act=F]&humidity=[thb0hum-act]&softwaretype=ManualHTTP&action=updateraw
Success = OK

MB AWEKAS manual upload.png
MB AWEKAS manual upload.png (15.95 KiB) Viewed 167 times
If you have UV then this requires manual editing to include those!

Hopefully we'll see an update soon from Boris.
MR3020 v1
GW1000

captgadget
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by captgadget »

Except in Raspberry Pi 4 our only option is HTTP Request. No HTTP Upload and no way to set the time interval. At least I can't see it.

captgadget
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by captgadget »

I'm wrong!!!!! But still no dice! I don't get a success. This is what I get:Event #01 has been triggered manually
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 4.26.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 4.26.49 PM.png (121.83 KiB) Viewed 160 times

galfert
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by galfert »

You have to enter in OK into the Success field, then click Save. The purpose of this field is to tell the MB what is the response to expect back from the AWEKAS server if the upload was successful. Every website may have a different Success message to look for. With WU for example the response for Success is SUCCESS in all caps. This is how the MB knows to put in a green check mark or not after an upload.
MR3020 v1
GW1000

galfert
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by galfert »

Copy my code above again. I had a typo in the code. Make sure it says at the end action=updateraw as before it incorrectly had an extra "w" at the end.
MR3020 v1
GW1000

captgadget
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by captgadget »

I got successfully reloaded this time

captgadget
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by captgadget »

Not working
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 9.21.58 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 9.21.58 AM.png (183.79 KiB) Viewed 104 times
Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 9.20.50 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 9.20.50 AM.png (236.49 KiB) Viewed 104 times

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

AWEKAS upload problem on MB RPI is solved with just released update. Thanks for spotting this!

Root cause was a wrong endianess of md5 computation on RPI which prevented uploads to AWEKAS. Unfortunately, this fix also invalidates the licenses of Meteobridge RPIs which were given new or transferred licenses before and including Nov 24,2020. If you are impacted, please drop a note to "info(at)meteobridge.com" including the MAC of your Meteobridge to have this manually fixed by me. Just about 10 users are impacted, so not a big deal for doing a manual fix. Nevertheless, I am sorry for the inconvenience.

captgadget
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by captgadget »

Not sure if I understand correctly. My license runs through 11-05-2022 so does that mean I'm affected?

wvdkuil
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by wvdkuil »

captgadget wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:56 pm
Not sure if I understand correctly. My license runs through 11-05-2022 so does that mean I'm affected?
Yes you are. All licenses [that were issued] for the RPI version up until November 24 have to be redone by admin.
Just reboot and go to the licence tab.
Then note down the mac address from the system tab and sent the mail as requested by admin.

I was the first one when testing the fix for Awekas.
Which now works OK.

Wim
Attachments
awekas.jpeg
awekas.jpeg (57.98 KiB) Viewed 81 times
Support for Leuven-Template & Scripts at https://support.leuven-template.eu/
Support for the PWS_Dashboard (HWS-template) https://pwsdashboard.com/

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

captgadget wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:56 pm
If you are running a licensed Meteobridge RPI, please send your MAC to "info(at)meteobridge.com". Only thing you need to do afterwards is to do a reboot.

captgadget
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Re: My new Raspberry Pi 4 - AWEKAS upload issue ** solved **

Post by captgadget »

I've rebooted a couple of times but the license is still blank.