all about Meteohub on the new Raspberry PI platform

Moderator: Mattk

zakos52
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Problems with the Meteostick!

Post by zakos52 »

Hi forum

1. With calibrate the temperature and humidity the values in the dew point and in the heat index that the meteostick sends to the weather networks, are without calibrate, i.e. error! From the settings selecting th0dew and th0heatindex I can not find the appropriate value that will fix the problem.
2. The rainrate recorded by the meteostick is different from that given by the weatherlink. That is with rain 0.2mm and max rainrate 0.2 mm/h from weatherlink, The meteostick gives 0.2mm rain and 0.8 max rainrate! With rain 12mm and max rainrate 35.2 mm/h from weatherlink, Meteostick gives 12mm rain and 25.1 mm/h max rain rate!
3.Several times, the maximum daytime temperature that the meteostick receives is 0.1 degrees Celsius lower than the temperature that the console receives!

I hope the software upgrades will solve the above problems

P.S I have Davis Vantage Vue, the meteostick is 20cm away from the console and receives data from it (the console retransmits) The same thing happens when the meteostick receives data directly from the ISS!
The meteobridge runs on Raspberry Pi 4 with sd card ATP SLC and with SW Version: Meteobridge 5.2 (Oct 10 2021, build 2643), FW 1.3

Best regards
Kostas
Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Problems with the Meteostick!

Post by Mattk »

Yes the Davis rainrate will be different due to being a computed equivalent intensity during the actual rain event. This Davis intensity is computed based on the bucket tipping rate. Davis rain rate is more a peak Intensity.

Temperature differences are typically more to do with conversion and rounding and/or how the output is being determined based on interval, averaging etc
zakos52
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Problems with the Meteostick!

Post by zakos52 »

Thanks for the answers Mattk
For question 1 regarding the incorrect data (Dewpoint and Heatinedx) that the meteostick sends to the weather networks, do you know if there will be a solution, software upgrade or something else?
I consider the problem quite serious and I would expect a solution!
It is strange because it uploads data(Dewpoint and Heatinedx) before calibration and not after it!