all about Meteohub on the new Raspberry PI platform

Moderator: Mattk

martinkk
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Download update 5.1 failed!

Post by martinkk » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:09 am

Hi,
Could someone please point me to the direct path of the update? Doing the update from the interface fails with the following error "Download update 5.1 failed!"

kc2kzz
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Download update 5.1 failed!

Post by kc2kzz » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:14 pm

Any update on this? I was attempting to try out the software but the demo is expired upon the initial install and the update still doesn't work.

BigAlT
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Re: Download update 5.1 failed!

Post by BigAlT » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:04 am

I don’t believe the demo function works any longer. The timer function that gave you 4 months of demo usage probably had an expiration date built in. You can’t upgrade a non activated installation as it doesn’t connect to the Meteohub servers to get the download without it being activated. The newer versions don’t extend the demo function as I don’t think the upgraded software even contains the demo code. The website information seems to be out of date as to the demo availability.
I have an activated RPi and had serious problems upgrading via the automatic upgrade function of v5.0x. I actually had to download the update from the website and upgrade it manually to get it to work. Now, when you check for updates it says that update 5.1b is available but when you try to install it it just installs v5.1a again.
The automatic update function will now update to v5.1b. No indication on the Meteohub WiKi as to what the 5.1b update actually does.
Last edited by BigAlT on Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.