Indoore HUM is -31% off **solved**

This section covers the Meteobridge PRO units exclusively

Moderator: Mattk

cphMichael
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Indoore HUM is -31% off **solved**

Post by cphMichael »

Something has changed to the Indoor hum reading.

When I look at the "Raw Sensor Data > #0 Indoor" it says 21%, but the real hum is 52%

Is that an error or am I supposed to add the thb0hum sensor to "Station > Settings" and then set an offset to +31%?
Attachments
raw data.png
raw data.png (73.59 KiB) Viewed 237 times

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Indoore HUM is -31% off

Post by admin »

It has been discussed for ages, that Meteobridge PRO does not have access to the indoor temp/hum/baro sensor located inside the Davis console. Therefore, values will be different. Also Meteobridge warms up and by that more differences will show up.

If you are keen to have proper indoor values, buy an additional GW1000 or other temp station and position that inside your house. This is even better than using the Daivis indoor numbers which are also affected by a console housing heating up as well, especially when using backlight.

WS Heinenoord
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Indoore HUM is -31% off **solved**

Post by WS Heinenoord »

We know the inside conditionS in the MB Pro are different because of the raised temperature. But using the temperature correction, both temperature and inside humidity thb0hum could get fairly correct. However sincE the last update on Oct 6 the correction seems to be missing for for thb0hum, see attached plot.
Thb0hum_Oct'20.PNG
Thb0hum_Oct'20.PNG (26.96 KiB) Viewed 183 times

By the way same graph also shows the "daily" accidental drop to 30% relative humidity still occured until the Oct 6 update.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

Please show your calibration settings.

WS Heinenoord
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by WS Heinenoord »

He're my settings:
MB calibration.PNG
MB calibration.PNG (45.17 KiB) Viewed 99 times

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

With my MB PRO I can select "thb0hum" as sensor to apply a calibration.

WS Heinenoord
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by WS Heinenoord »

I can indeed add thb0hum to the list of calibrated signals.
But up to the last software update that was not necessary. I understand this last update Meteobridge 4.4 (Oct 6 2020, build 13952) is an impressive upgrade of the entire system, but since then my thb0hum numbers have dropped a lot. They are similar to the uncorrected measured value of thb9hum. It looks like the previous version had a correction formula for thb0temp AND for thb0hum when using an offset for thb0temp. But with v4.4 only thb0temp gets corrected, there's no longer the necessary correction for thb0hum.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

May be, I can't really remember if there was some magic applied here. However, you can manually calibrate this, if indoor data is important to you.