Windrun as as a selector

This section covers the Meteobridge PRO, NANO SD and Raspberry Pi units exclusively

Moderator: Mattk

wsnoordbergum
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Windrun as as a selector

Post by wsnoordbergum »

Maybe a question that already has been asked, or simply not possible,

Is it possible to include a selector windrun of sensor wind0wind in meteobridge Nano SD as a future improvement?

Or is there a possibility to do this calculation in Meteobridge Nano SD, f.i. use the ten minute average windspeed and calculate the windrun every ten minutes or so.

After a switch from the meteobridge to the Nano SD, very pleased with it's performance!

Cheers, wsNoordbergum

Car54
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Windrun as as a selector

Post by Car54 »

FWIW, it appears the Weather34 template computes the wind run by multiplying the 24-hour wind speed average times 24.
VP2+ Nano SD

wsnoordbergum
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by wsnoordbergum »

Thanks, but in order to compute this on a day and not 24 hrs it would be better to do the 1 hr average windspeed.
Or compute it every 15 min or so.
I'll have a go on the 10 min average windspeed and make a 10 minute update on windrun as a calculation.

This has to be possible with Nano SD

AlaskaWX
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by AlaskaWX »

It would be possible to do this calculation as a user-defined weather station plugin written as an AWK script.

Would it be correct to calculate and output the windrun value only at midnight for the previous day? Or maybe the last 24 hours as a running average taken every hour and calculated (even the 10-minute average windspeed could also be summed and averaged). Then you would have a a one hour running windrun that could be charted periodically and output hourly. It would be entirely possible to output both a daily and a running last 24 hour value every hour.
Davis VP2 with IIS and Leaf/Soil + numerous user defined plugin weather stations

WS Heinenoord
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by WS Heinenoord »

How about taking [wind0wind-davg=kmh.1:---] ?
This yields the average windspeed since 00:0 h. Multiply by the time of the moment (expressed in decimal hours) and that could serve as total Windrun since 00:00 h.
I checked a few times today at the top of the hour and "wind0wind-davg" is the same as taking the average of hourly averages for the day. And when multiplied by the number of hours pretty close to what Weatherlink is reporting for same Davis station.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

WS Heinenoord wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:32 pm
How about taking [wind0wind-davg=kmh.1:---] ?
This yields the average windspeed since 00:0 h. Multiply by the time of the moment (expressed in decimal hours) and that could serve as total Windrun since 00:00 h.
I checked a few times today at the top of the hour and "wind0wind-davg" is the same as taking the average of hourly averages for the day. And when multiplied by the number of hours pretty close to what Weatherlink is reporting for same Davis station.
That would also be my recommendation. Average wind speed of the day multiplied with hours/minutes of the day will give you how far the wind has travelled.

G4MHJ
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by G4MHJ »

I have been trying to follow these suggestions for producing a Wind Run figure for the day but I am just not able to get a result. I wonder if someone could post the syntax needed for an email output.

I currently get this "Wind Run: 1.10.00[hours] Miles since Midnight"

From a syntax of "Wind Run: [wind0avgwind-davg]{*}[hours] Miles since Midnight "

burnsb
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by burnsb »

Hi:
This formula worked for me:

Wind Run (since midnight) {*[wind0wind-davg=mph.1:--] * [hh]*1} mi,

Regards,
Byron

G4MHJ
Senior Boarder