This section covers the Meteobridge PRO units exclusively

Moderator: Mattk

paravis
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Meteobridge PRO + WeatherLink USB to Davis WeatherLink 2.0

Post by paravis » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:34 am

Hello there,

How can I have the data coming from our Vantage Pro2 Plus sent to Davis WeatherLink 2.0?

I have installed the software on my PC, and have connected to the Meteobridge PRO on port 22222, but the ability to add WeatherLink Network is disabled.

Any help for how this should be setup wold be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

~Laz

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Meteobridge PRO + WeatherLink USB to Davis WeatherLink 2.0

Post by Mattk » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:00 am

VP2 to WL2 requires either a subscription (USB logger) or a WeatherLinkIP logger which includes in the purchase price the ability to upload to Davis. Which Davis logger do you have and if USB do you have an upload plan?

paravis
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by paravis » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:09 pm

Hey there Mattk,

We have the USB logger that's connected directly into Meteobridge Pro from the VP2 console. I can get the data from the Davis WeatherLink software, but the options to upload it to my Davis account are greyed out in there.

(I'm guessing because it is connecting via port 22222, which mimics the WeatherLink IP ... But since it's going through Meteobridge, it can't get sent to Davis.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:13 am

A USB logger will require a Davis subscription to upload to WeatherLink 2.0

You may also require some fine tuning of the USB connection to your local WeatherLink software before WeatherLnk will upload, but you are still going to require a subscription with or without MB

paravis
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by paravis » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:36 am

That’s fine, I will pay for the subscription.

But I cannot figure out how to get the data from my USB logger that is plugged into Meteobridge Pro to send to Davis.

Searching the forums and documentation return ambiguous or conflicting information. And none of the things I’ve tried work.

I’ve considered asking Davis about it, but I don’t think that they need to be dealing with it. Just need to know how to set Meteobridge Pro to send data to Davis WeatherLink. It is a bit confusing ...

I’m usually pretty decent at setting up internet services (we develop private clouds) ... but for this process, I’m lost.

:shock:

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:09 am

Sorry can't help with USB stuff but try searching for posts by Wim or maybe send Wim a PM

wvdkuil
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by wvdkuil » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:59 am

paravis wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:36 am
That’s fine, I will pay for the subscription.
You always have to pay when using an USB logger. Even when using the WLIP you have to pay for the more interesting facilities
paravis wrote:
But I cannot figure out how to get the data from my USB logger that is plugged into Meteobridge Pro to send to Davis.
1. remove USB logger from MB and plug into PC with the Weatherlink.exe 6.0.4 release installed
2. In Weatherlink .exe set logger to USB and correctly set all settings for WL.comv2 AND for uploading at least 1 file to whatever.
3. When your data arrives at WL.com remove logger from PC and reattach to MB
4. In Weatherlink .exe set logger to WLIP using IP address of MB:22222 The settings you made for WL.com remain active this way only.

The PC should be on 24hours/7 days as only a real WLIP or the Davis Weatherlink program is allowed to upload to WL.com
paravis wrote:
Just need to know how to set Meteobridge Pro to send data to Davis WeatherLink. It is a bit confusing ...
AFAIK, no other device is allowed to upload to WL.com (yet). So the MB-pro can not upload to WL.com itself.

Wim

paravis
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by paravis » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:56 pm

Ah, so it is definitely a process!

After plugging WL USB into the computer and setting everything up that way, getting Davis account up and running, submitting data ... Then unplug from computer, plug back to Meteobridge, and finally re-configure the software to get from port 22222 on Meteobridge as WL IP. And at this point, it will continue submitting data, though I won't be able to modify settings for WeatherLink account.

Correct?

I'm going to try to find some time today to play with this. Thanks so much for your help!

wvdkuil
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by wvdkuil » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:58 pm

paravis wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:56 pm
Ah, so it is definitely a process!

After plugging WL USB into the computer and setting everything up that way, getting Davis account up and running, submitting data ... Then unplug from computer, plug back to Meteobridge, and finally re-configure the software to get from port 22222 on Meteobridge as WL IP. And at this point, it will continue submitting data, though I won't be able to modify settings for WeatherLink account.

Correct?

I'm going to try to find some time today to play with this. Thanks so much for your help!
Yes, OK.
Success, Wim