Data Import function for MB PRO and NANO SD

This section covers the Meteobridge PRO units exclusively

Moderator: Mattk

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Data Import function for MB PRO and NANO SD

Post by admin » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:12 pm

I am currently working on ways to import existing data to MB PRO and NANO SD in order to allow you to make use of your weather data archives.
First version will just allow a single generic format that will be well documented and that builds the base for all imports. As most of you might have difficulties to transfer your data formats into that target format, I plan developing import filters to support the most common formats without coding on your side.

Instead of guessing myself, which are the formats you need most, I ask you to name those export formats in this thread and to send me example data snippets to work with. Snippets should cover at least a full month and also please send an explanation about the meaning of the data fields (or link to a web site that explains). Please send to "info(at)meteobridge.com".

It will take some time to have that done and I will for sure not be able to provide import filters for all... But lets start...

assenzuid
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re: Data Import function for MB PRO and NANO SD

Post by assenzuid » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:43 pm

Importing data from Meteohub to Meteobridge Pro for example.

stewart45
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by stewart45 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:53 pm

mysql meteotemplate DB to NanoSD

ConligWX
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by ConligWX » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:43 am

cumulusmx mysql > metoebridge nano

weewx sqlite3 > metoebridge nano

I have emailed you info on both of these.
Last edited by ConligWX on Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

BeBe
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by BeBe » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:27 am

Weatherlink > MeteobridgePpro

bardek
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by bardek » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:47 pm

waiting for "generic" import :)

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:35 pm

One primary interface file with an ASCII type format best suited to purpose without being propriety or specific to any one secondary system that can be written/created by anybody with the skills to do so.

Then separate standalone convertors to convert from whatever system/format to this standard MB import format.

The format of this standard import file format/structure is probably best aligned to what suits the MB Pro and Nano SD. Should certainly not be trying to import every data format out there direct into MB

weatherist34
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:39 pm

boris you are now in dangerous territory :D good luck with this my own past experiences of request for this was a nightmare has i found no common structure across all software platforms,online clouds and so on , even when for example two users used same software yet differences were there in structure..even recall one user who had years and years of data , the structure was quite easy to adapt too but big but 220 megabytes of data in a file dont sound a lot in this day and age in terms file size but try that on limited resources it takes forever and likely to fail then you have a real mess on your hands especially when resources are running low.. nothing is impossible just be prepared for the differences in structure..brian

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:07 pm

That is why Boris has to define a one off interface structure that suits uploading to the MB, not the other way around and then build convertors from whatever other archive/s to this MB specific format and only totally raw data, no computed values.

weatherist34
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:52 pm

hi matt i get that part but I'm talking when someone comes along and throws 10 years worth of data at him and very personalised to there needs, as I said my own experiences found very few to conform to a standard structure, each station has different hardware some have uv,solar,leaf, additional sensors and so on then you will have some who have the bare essentials then you up spending many hours fathoming it all out . going forward it makes sense to have one for all as you suggest where meteobridge is concerned but envision some headaches forthcoming ..boris has to look a the wider audience can not just satisfy one as I said humorously he is venturing into dangerous territory and probably will need a large supply of liquor :-) but having said all that perhaps he has his magic wand to do his thinking... :-)

MeteoOudkarspel
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by MeteoOudkarspel » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:33 pm

BeBe wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:27 am
Would also like to have Weatherlink> MeteobridgePro option in it
Sincerely,

Ron C.P.J Overtoom Meteo Oudkarspel Municipality Langedijk.

http://www.meteooudkarspel-lt.pd0rok.nl

geoair
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by geoair » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:08 pm

MeteoOudkarspel wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:33 pm
BeBe wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:27 am
Would also like to have Weatherlink> MeteobridgePro option in it
+1

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:49 am

As I don't have all this it would help if you can send data samples to "info(at)meteobridge.com". No promises which of that I will realize...

digitalidea
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by digitalidea » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:24 pm

In my case I'm switching from Meteobridge PRO to Meteobridge Nano SD.
On the PRO I have 5 years of data and would be nice if I could import it onto the NANO.
Boris, in this case I suppose you already have all informations needed and should be "easier" to create some import function as the DB on both systems have been developed by you.
Many Thanks and Merry Christhmas

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:14 am

When doing a migration from the PRO to the NANO SD you can simply make a backup on the PRO to a USB stick and then move the backup from the USB stick via your PC into the backup folder of the NANO SD. Being there it can be selected from the NANO as a database backup to install.

To be honest, I did not try myself so far, but I can't see a reason why it should not work. If it does not work, please mail to "info(at)meteobridge.com".