Can't connect to some Wifi networks but can to others

This section covers the Meteobridge PRO units exclusively

Moderator: Mattk

mogwai
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Can't connect to some Wifi networks but can to others

Post by mogwai » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:46 am

It see's and connects to one of my wifi networks but i'm running two other networks on another wifi router and it doesn't see them at all from the Known SSIDs drop down.

I tried manually adding these networks manually and are 100% sure the details including the password were correct but the Meteobridge wont connect.

Any idea's where i can start to troubleshoot ?

Also it is normal the the LCD screen just changes to two long lines vertically down the screen after some time ? is this just screensaver mode?

Thanks

wvdkuil
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Can't connect to some Wifi networks but can to others

Post by wvdkuil » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:19 am

mogwai wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:46 am
It see's and connects to one of my wifi networks but i'm running two other networks on another wifi router and it doesn't see them at all from the Known SSIDs drop down.
I tried manually adding these networks manually and are 100% sure the details including the password were correct but the Meteobridge wont connect.
. . . shortened . . .
Thanks
The MB-Pro datasheet http://files.meteobridge.com/files/mete ... asheet.pdf has for WiFi 2.4 GHz, 802.11g/n
Maybe the other networks operate outside those specs, 5GHz or Ac, so that could be the reason the MB-Pro will not connect.
Wim

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:04 pm

mogwai wrote:
....Also it is normal the the LCD screen just changes to two long lines vertically down the screen after some time ? is this just screensaver mode?
Yes saves the screen from premature burnout, feature can be toggled

mogwai
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by mogwai » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:53 pm

wvdkuil wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:19 am
mogwai wrote:
. . . shortened . . .
Thanks
The MB-Pro datasheet http://files.meteobridge.com/files/mete ... asheet.pdf has for WiFi 2.4 GHz, 802.11g/n
Maybe the other networks operate outside those specs, 5GHz or Ac, so that could be the reason the MB-Pro will not connect.
Wim
Thanks. Lo and behold overnight my meteo is now showing the second wifi network. Very strange.

Are there any logs I could review to troubleshoot network connection attempts from the metro side ?

mogwai
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by mogwai » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:54 pm

Mattk wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:04 pm
mogwai wrote:
....Also it is normal the the LCD screen just changes to two long lines vertically down the screen after some time ? is this just screensaver mode?
Yes saves the screen from premature burnout, feature can be toggled
Thanks. If I want to get it to show the ip on the screen again
once in screensave mode Is there any way ?