PRO Intervals to Wundeground

This section covers the Meteobridge PRO units exclusively

Moderator: Mattk

eal6553
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

PRO Intervals to Wundeground

Post by eal6553 »

No matter what I change my Wunderground interval to it seems to only update every 10 minutes.
I was setup as 5 sec and tried every combo up to 1 min.
The event log shows successful but Wunderground doesn’t update.
It started after the last SW update. I tried to go back to 4.3 but that made no difference.
Could be a resource issue of some kind? I see that my buffer is maxed below.
Idea's?

61500 kB total, 13584 kB free (77% used)
Front USB 7323 MB total, 7296 MB free (0% used)
Meteobridge 4.4 (Aug 28 2020, build 13642), FW 1.4
2 days, 22 hours, 4 minutes Buffer: 977 items (98%)

Thanks

galfert
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: PRO Intervals to Wundeground

Post by galfert »

It would be helpful to know what your station IDs are on the various services that you report to. But I'm resourceful.

It seems to me that WU isn't your only problem. Is your old Meteobridge still powered on????

I noticed that there is a problem with your CWOP too. You are sending data via two methods. You must be sending via TNC radio link also. You need to pick one or the other. I'm not sure what the ham requirements are but you are uploading too frequently to CWOP. The minimum interval to upload to CWOP is every 5 minutes. But still you need to decide ...radio or Meteobridge. Also make sure that Weatherlink.com is also not sending to CWOP (which it isn't because of the raw data logs, mostly this is just informational). In any case it seems that there is some bad data being uploaded by your radio link causing your CWOP graphs to not look very nice.

Also in regards to WU, make sure that you are not also uploading via any other method. For example make sure you are not uploading to WU via Weatherlink.com or via Ambientweather.net if you have those configured. Every online service should be configured to only upload via one device/method.

Also bear in mind that sometimes WU has website updating issues and the symptom that you describe happens from time to time. It is also recomended that you don't up load less than 5 seconds because from my observation the WU website just does not keep up with the Updated seconds counter. It does better if it is a bit more than 5 seconds. Try 10 seconds.

One other thing...your WU station type is configured for VP2 Plus and that would indicate that you have the UV and solar sensors...but I don't see that data...which means that you don't have the "plus." Maybe you can change your station type to just VP2. It might make a difference.
MR3020 v1
GW1000

eal6553
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by eal6553 »

I will check those out.

As far as my weathernets / services, i have the following

WeatherNets

wunderground
weather34
weathercloud
AWEKAS
Ambient
PWS Weather
APRS
CWOP
AnythingWeather

Services

Twitter
backup.sh
weather34 charts today
weather34 stationcron
weather34 charts-end-of-day
template.realtime.txt webcam

galfert
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by galfert »

eal6553 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:58 pm
I will check those out.
I think perhaps you may also be sending to CWOP with the Meteobridge via APRS and via CWOP and not via TNC. You only need to use one method or the other. If you choose APRS then you need to limit your upload to every 5 minutes. Then delete CWOP upload...or the other way around.
As far as my weathernets / services, i have the following
I didn't ask to what weather services you upload by name. I asked what the IDs are to each service. If you share what the IDs are then more of us can look at things and find clues as to what could be wrong. Not that I need to know. I found them. But it took some sleuthing to find them. I was just giving general advice in order to get better help. I'm only able to provide you with the advice I gave you because I've looked at some of the data. But someone else may find something that I missed. I'm not going to list what they are, because maybe you have some reason for not doing so. I'm just saying that it really makes it difficult to diagnose a problem if others can't look at your sites.
MR3020 v1
GW1000

eal6553
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by eal6553 »

Thanks. I went back to ver 4.3 and changed a few of the things you noted previously.
So far it seems to be keeping up better now and the buffer is staying at 1%.
Before it kept climbing until it was at 100% / 1000 items.
I am only running 1 device. The only real changes I made going to the PRO is I added a Weather34 website
and my weather camera. I have those disabled for now.
I will wait and see what happens.

galfert
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by galfert »

It is all looking better.
MR3020 v1
GW1000

eal6553
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by eal6553 »

I am not sure what the "retries" actually do but I had most of them set to retry forever or 5 retries.
I now have it set as no retries.
I think that was filling up the buffer which then delayed the updates but not 100% sure
since I couldnt find anything on the Main Meteo web site that explained it.

galfert
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by galfert »

Retries lets you keep attempting to upload that data set if an error is encountered on the upload. But if the error is something caused by uploading more frequently than the server allows then you'll get infinitely backed up. On rare occasions your upload may be not successful because of network or Internet issues and then the retry might help. Sometimes perhaps WU may be congested or it may drop your upload request. But if you are uploading with good frequency then you may not need the retry and instead you just upload the next more current data. For services that you upload every 5 minutes I recommend 2 retries. For services that you upload every 10 minutes I recommend 5 retries. For WU if you are doing rapidfire every x seconds, I have retry turned off.
MR3020 v1
GW1000