considering move from Meteohub to Meteobrige or WD

This section covers the Meteobridge PRO, NANO SD and Raspberry Pi units exclusively

Moderator: Mattk

geiro
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

considering move from Meteohub to Meteobrige or WD

Post by geiro »

After som 10 years with Meteohub I am considering moving to a nye platform since Meteohub seams dead. I have 3 options as I see it

- stay with Meteohub until the hw/sw stops
- move to Meteobridge, ethter Pro or on Raspberry Pi
- move to WD on linux/raspberry pi

as an add-on I would like to use the 7" lcd display with Raspberry Pi as å local console, either with my web site FreshWDL or some other sw

Anyone done som compering between Meteobrige and WD before going for Meteobrige?
Any suggestions on how to get a nice looking local console on the 7" screen ?

any help will be appreciated, I have done a lot and will continue to search with google etc

galfert
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: considering move from Meteohub to Meteobrige or WD

Post by galfert »

Now is the best time to switch to MB before January 31 to get discount. There is much to gain from replacing the old Meteohub.

Between Meteobridge PRO and RPI, my vote is RPI because it is faster and more pleasant to operate. It is also considerably cheaper. But that assumption is if you don't need the RF features of the PRO red. But an RPI with Meteostick is also an option.

As for Meteobridge vs WD, I'd say you can do both as WD can be feed data from Meteobridge. Different devices obviously. Or depending on your logger situation you might be able to feed both directly.

As for LCD on MB RPI, it is an interesting possibility, but I've not tested. You'd be running things off OpenWRT and not Meteobridge though. Meaning what you see on the LCD would be whatever you can manage OpenWRT to do. But messing with OpenWRT is not sanctioned. I think a better solution is to run a separate Pi with whatever you want to display on it and it can certainly be feed by either Meteobridge or WD. This secondary Pi could also be the WD system.
Meteobridge RPI | GW1000

Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by 36260 »

What weather station are you operating?
Davis VP2 + Solar - Nano SD

geiro
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by geiro »

It is a Davies Vantage pro 2, now also with a Weatherlink Live (have a usb logger today connected to meteohub)

Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by 36260 »

You could then switch to Nano Pro which I did. Very nice set-up (more that 10 years of Meteohub before that)
Davis VP2 + Solar - Nano SD