Add More "generic data #" Logical Sensors to Meteobridge?

This section covers the Meteobridge PRO, NANO SD and Raspberry Pi units exclusively

Moderator: Mattk

AlaskaWX
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Add More "generic data #" Logical Sensors to Meteobridge?

Post by AlaskaWX »

I'm in the process of migrating from 9 years on Meteohub (on iConnect) to Meteobridge (on RPI3B) and have ran into a stumbling block. It seems that Meteobridge does not provide as many Logical Sensors for mapping of generic data physical sensors as Meteohub does. Currently Meteobridge only seems to support up to 20 mapped generic data Logical Sensors (meteohub supports up to 40):
mb sensor mapping ss.png
mb sensor mapping ss.png (137.53 KiB) Viewed 188 times
I have a lot of non-weather related "generic data" from energy monitor devices I need to store. I won't be able to get off of Meteohub until I can feed the Meteoplug server with up to 40 mapped generic data logical sensors from Meteobridge in order to match the existing 9 years of data I have on the Meteoplug server.

Boris, if at all possible please add this to your list of future enhancements for Meteobridge. :D
Davis VP2 with IIS and Leaf/Soil + numerous user defined plugin weather stations

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Add More "generic data #" Logical Sensors to Meteobridge?

Post by admin »

You don't need to map to logical sensors. You can work with the physical sensors directly in charts, exports, etc.

Weathernetworks, that rely on logical sensors, will most probably not make use of this data anyway.

AlaskaWX
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: Add More "generic data #" Logical Sensors to Meteobridge?

Post by AlaskaWX »

admin wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:57 am
You don't need to map to logical sensors. You can work with the physical sensors directly in charts, exports, etc.

Weathernetworks, that rely on logical sensors, will most probably not make use of this data anyway.
I need the additional logical sensors for my Meteoplug feed. They have to be mapable inorder to match the existing data already in Meteoplug. I do not upload that data to any other "weathernetworks" so that is not a problem, just need them for Meteoplug.
Davis VP2 with IIS and Leaf/Soil + numerous user defined plugin weather stations