Davis Instruments WLL Refresh Rate. **solved**

This section covers the Meteobridge PRO, NANO SD and Raspberry Pi units exclusively

Moderator: Mattk

bGedz
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Davis Instruments WLL Refresh Rate. **solved**

Post by bGedz »

I have the WLL and Meteobridge hardwired into the same switch, and I'm accessing the data from WLL as the data source.

The wind data (speed, direction) and rain data (total and rate) is transmitted every 2.5s to WLL, but the refresh interval on the Meteobridge PRO varies from a couple seconds to roughly 10 or more seconds. Is there any way to get the same resolution that the WLL gets? I want to reproduce the data rate that the WLL iOS app yields (in LIVE mode). A side by side comparison of the Meteobridge and the iOS app show many missed changes in wind speed and direction by Meteobridge due to inconsistent refreshes.

How often is it querying the API? Can there be a feature to use the UDP realtime API, resetting it once a day so the feed continues? The UDP real_time request only lasts for 24 hours before the connection is cut.

galfert
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Davis Instruments WLL Refresh Rate

Post by galfert »

It is not a bad idea. I often wondered the same thing for the Ecowitt GW1000. It likely though is set this way to not overwhelm the Meteobridge hardware. I think the older Meteobridge platforms are starting to show their age and they are underpowered for these new API devices like the Davis WLL and the Ecowitt GW1000. The good news is that compared to the old TP-Link hardware the new Raspberry Pi is vastly superior and offers such a much nicer experience with the user interface. The GUI just responds much faster and I never see it fill up Buffers like I did on the TP-Link hardware. Therefore I think it would be neat to explore some added functionality for the newer hardware to sample data more frequently. Though likely this adds complexity to the shared code among hardware. Any more added code and features is really bringing the TP-Link hardware closer and closer to its limits. As it is the TP-Llink, depending on your configuration, can use up to 95% of the available RAM.
Meteobridge RPI | GW1000

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

Meteobridge does not overlook wind gusts as it always requests highest gust speed of last 10 minutes from WLL.
Update interval for WLL is every 10 seconds, we can try to go to 5 if that makes you feel more realtime ;-)

UDP broadcasts do not work through bridges and routers. I would not like to go that way here.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

just released version does 5 secs updates for WLL.