Service events

This section covers the Meteobridge PRO, NANO SD and Raspberry Pi units exclusively

Moderator: Mattk

Bart
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Service events

Post by Bart »

Recently I got a Meteobridge Nano SD. I wonder how many service events the Nano can handle? When does he "overheat", slow down or make mistakes?

And the second question is... Where can one find more (or other) templates?

Thanks

Gyvate
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re: Service events

Post by Gyvate »

Meteobridge allows you to define a maximum of 20 service events.
How much load this is on the hardware and if the hardware can cope will depend on many factors:
e.g. if all events are executed +/- at the same time, what the event does in terms of I/O activity .... etc.
So no general answer can be given here.

You can make test runs under different conditions and document the effect (e.g. CPU load, backup completion time, ...).
Would be interesting to get some comprehensive test results published here.

E.g. if you do a database backup every two minutes and your database has grown to a size of several 100 MB already, your Nano might get behind breath ... (not saying that this extreme example represents a real-life scenario, but an extreme test case)

What you find in the ./data/templates folder is all you get.

Everything else you have to build yourself - or, if you are lucky, someone has published in this forum some export scripts which suit your purpose (or will only need minimal modification). Otherwise you build it from scratch.
WH4000SE 1.5.8/GW1000 1.6.6/HP1000SE Pro 1.7.1/WH2650 1.6.7-ß
2xMeteobridge Pro [B+R],RPi4-2/16
Ecowitt 5763, 5764; WU ISAARB3; ISAARB22; Weathercloud 3011399141; http://meshka.eu/meteo/template - http://meshka.eu/Weather34

WA4OPQ
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
Location: Tennessee, USA About 40 miles west of Nashville y'all.

Post by WA4OPQ »

In a way I'm happy to see this. I've just converted to the pi version and I wondered if if the pi allowed more service events.
Now I know. I'd be happier if it allowed more, but I'll have to budget my allotment.

Bart
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Bart »

Gyvate wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:50 pm
Meteobridge allows you to define a maximum of 20 service events.
How much load this is on the hardware and if the hardware can cope will depend on many factors:
e.g. if all events are executed +/- at the same time, what the event does in terms of I/O activity .... etc.
So no general answer can be given here.

You can make test runs under different conditions and document the effect (e.g. CPU load, backup completion time, ...).
Would be interesting to get some comprehensive test results published here.

E.g. if you do a database backup every two minutes and your database has grown to a size of several 100 MB already, your Nano might get behind breath ... (not saying that this extreme example represents a real-life scenario, but an extreme test case)

What you find in the ./data/templates folder is all you get.

Everything else you have to build yourself - or, if you are lucky, someone has published in this forum some export scripts which suit your purpose (or will only need minimal modification). Otherwise you build it from scratch.
Your answer is very enlightening, thank you for that Gyvate!

Bart

Gyvate
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by Gyvate »

WA4OPQ wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:26 am
In a way I'm happy to see this. I've just converted to the pi version and I wondered if if the pi allowed more service events.
Now I know. I'd be happier if it allowed more, but I'll have to budget my allotment.
It depends on what you want to do.
If you have more tasks ("events") to execute and are familiar with Linux scripts, you could create a script which fulfills several tasks at once - i.e. one after the other but from that script.
Then, calling this script (to be placed in the "scripts" folder) in MB is only one event. :wink: 8)
You will notice when your RPi reaches its limits.
(you can check the system load in the live data or via SSH with the "top" command.)
WH4000SE 1.5.8/GW1000 1.6.6/HP1000SE Pro 1.7.1/WH2650 1.6.7-ß
2xMeteobridge Pro [B+R],RPi4-2/16
Ecowitt 5763, 5764; WU ISAARB3; ISAARB22; Weathercloud 3011399141; http://meshka.eu/meteo/template - http://meshka.eu/Weather34