MB NANO SD Syntax

This section covers the Meteobridge PRO, NANO SD and Raspberry Pi units exclusively

Moderator: Mattk

Toongsteno
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

MB NANO SD Syntax

Post by Toongsteno »

Hello,
I'm new on Meteobridge NANO SD and I have some questions. Hope someone wants to help me.
I'm trying to setup an email and a Twitter buletin, but the syntax drive me crazy. The Meteobridge wiki isn't exhaustive, it gives few examples and it is often not clear. So, these are my (firsts) questions.

1) I'm not able to convert the wind speed to the beaufort scale. I tried with [wind0wind-act=bft]; [wind0wind-act=bft.1]; [wind0wind-act=bft.1:Calm]; [wind0wind-act=bft:Calm]; [wind0wind-act=bft.1:0]; [wind0wind-act=bft:0]; [wind0wind-act=bft.1:--]; [wind0wind-act=bft:--]. There's something is wrong, I know, but I can't manage to understand what.

2) Is there a way to make appear every misuration in a new line on Twitter? With emails I managed using the \n tag, but in Twitter it doesn't work.

3) Is there a document who explains better the syntax to use with Meteobridge NANO SD?

Thank you
Last edited by Toongsteno on Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: MB NANO SD Syntax

Post by Mattk »

What something is wrong? What results are you getting?

[wind0wind-act=bft] runs as a email feed ok in a MBPro (Nano should be the same?) 2.4ms -> Beaufort #2 (8.6km/h)

Sorry know nothing about twitter.

Toongsteno
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Toongsteno »

I enter this string:

Test syntax#[hh]:[mm]:[ss] \nWind: \n[wind0wind-act=bft]

and the result is:

Object: Test syntax

11:31:37
Wind:

Shouldn't it give a textual description?

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk »

NO the actual Beaufort scale is an empirical measure which typically ranges from 0 to 12 which is related to wind speed ranges in knots. WMO have some classifications which describe the conditions within each number but these are not the actual Beaufort (Force) numbers.

Once the Beaumont (Force) number is determined then you could apply a conditional expression to describe the (non standard) textual conditions as you require.

wvdkuil
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by wvdkuil »

Toongsteno wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:36 am
I enter this string:

Test syntax#[hh]:[mm]:[ss] \nWind: \n[wind0wind-act=bft]

and the result is:

Object: Test syntax

11:31:37
Wind:

Shouldn't it give a textual description?
https://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Templates => Coverters
bft converts wind speed from meters per second to Beaufort scale.
It returns the number on the Beaufort scale.
You need a script to translate it to the correct wording.

Some more remarks:
The returned number should have no decimals and it should not be rounded.
The beaufort-scale uses no decimals => https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaufort_scale
The scale gives the same value for the whole range 12–19 km/h => 3 and 20–28 km/h => 4
The windspeed should be rounded , not the resulting bft-number.

To get a correct Beaufort number using a Meteobridge, one should not use wind0wind but wind0avgwind
The "wind0wind" name is a little misleading. It really is last measured speed => wind-gust.
Windspeed should be measured over so many seconds and averaged, not 1 "split second" speed, therefor "wind0avgwind" is more realistic.

Wim
Support for Leuven-Template & Scripts at https://support.leuven-template.eu/
Support for the PWS_Dashboard (HWS-template) https://pwsdashboard.com/

Toongsteno
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Toongsteno »

Thank you very much, indeed

Toongsteno
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Toongsteno »

Thank you, Wim.

I knew the Beaufort scale should be an integer, and I didn't understand the decimal...

About the correct sensor, in fact if you publish a buletin of the last hour or two (as is my intention) it doesn't make sense the value of the instant of publishing; so, I will change the logical sensor for the wind.

Matt

EDIT - this code seems to work for the Beaufort scale:

Test syntax#[hh]:[mm]:[ss] \nWind: \n - speed: [wind0avgwind-havg=kmh.1:0] km/h - Beaufort Scale: {*[wind0avgwind-havg=bft]*0}

The console manual (Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus) says that the wind value displayed is the average speed of the last 10 minutes; I thought that putting the havg selector it should give the last hour average. Don't know if it is possible to extend back this interval further.

Now I have to understand how to get the text description.

EDIT 2 - the sensor works only with the selector. wind0wind gives the last measurement if you choose -act as selector. But what if you choose -havg ? Shouldn't it give the average over the last hour anyway?