Meteobridge PRO RF and WxSIM software

This section covers the Meteobridge PRO, NANO SD and Raspberry Pi units exclusively

Moderator: Mattk

meteofabro
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Meteobridge PRO RF and WxSIM software

Post by meteofabro »

Hello.
I have a Davis VUE station controlled by a Meteobridge PRO RF (the famous red Meteobridge) and I wanted to start weather forecasting with WxSim software.
But I have some doubts, in the meantime I would like to know if there is a way to exchange the weather data from Meteobridge to WxSim from a distance, with a template or with the reduced protocol of the Weather Display that the device incorporates.
The second question is whether the WxSim works well on a Microsoft Windows operating system is installed in virtual mode on a NAS.

I'm waiting for news ...

slrpwr
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Meteobridge PRO RF and WxSIM software

Post by slrpwr »

Here's the export format I use to create a Cumulus-format file which Wxsim can use:

Code: Select all

# MeteoBridge: Cumulus-style export to feed WXSIM
#
# See: https://cumuluswiki.org/a/Standard_log_files
#pragma exportfile=[MMM][YY]log.txt
#pragma crlf=y
#pragma append=y
#pragma emptylines=n
[DD]/[MM]/[YY],[hh]:[mm],[th0temp-avg=F.1:0],[th0hum-avg.0:0],[th0dew-avg=F.1:00],[wind0wind-avg=mph.1:0],[wind0wind-max=mph.1:0],[wind0dir-avg.0:0],[rain0rate-avg=in.1:0],[rain0total-daysum=in.1:---],[thb0seapress-avg=inHg.3:0],[rain0total-yearsum=in.1],[thb0temp-avg=F.1:0],[thb0hum-avg.0:0],[wind0wind-max=mph.1:0],[wind0chill-avg=F.1:0],[th0heatindex-avg=F.1:0],[uv0index-avg.1:0],[sol0rad-avg.0:0],,,,,,
It runs once an hour right after the beginning of the hour. There is an occasional problem where [rain0total-yearsum=in.1] isn't parsed correctly. I'm inclined to think this is a Meteobridge issue, but haven't tracked it down.

I run it on a free-standing mini-PC. It's slow, but able to handle the occasional Wxsim workload.

As for exchanging from a distance, I assume that's easily done with ftp or cURL.

meteofabro
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: Meteobridge PRO RF and WxSIM software

Post by meteofabro »

Thank you. I'll try the format and let you know