Everything gone after firmware update

Information, issues, requests on Firmware that makes a Meteohub from a NSLU2

Moderator: Mattk

JeroenZwart
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Everything gone after firmware update

Post by JeroenZwart »

Today I restarted my Meteobridge due to a disturbance in saving data in the database of the Meteobridge. I saw that you have updated the firmware to version 5.0. The option for automatically updating firmware is selected, so I have got now the newest firmware now. Of course nice that there is a new version, but to my big shock all properties and all data are gone in the Meteobridge! Only the network properties are still the same (IP-address and gateway), so fortunately I can reach the Metobridge. But at the moment my station is offline, because all upload lines are gone. Also database cannot be loaded any more. Please can you help me to get this back? I will be very thankful if you can help me soon. I know that a lot of people are watching my site, so I don't want to disappoint too long.

Waiting to here from you, thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Jeroen Zwart

Weather Station Siebengewald Netherlands

JeroenZwart
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Everything gone after firmware update

Post by JeroenZwart »

Fortunately the problem solved itself! :D Probably due to the firmware update the whole system had to build up again and it was taking a lot of time. I saw slowly items to be added to the system, database as last item and then the whole system was recovered. That was after over one hour after the reboot the case. So I am happy that nothing serious happened during the update. But I would like to give you some advise to Boris. I think it will be smart to inform the users of Meteobridge first about a serious update and to let know that it can take over one hour before the whole system is back again. I almost got a hart-attack the moment I saw that everything was disappeared and the whole system was not operating any more :( ! But I am happy with the firmware update, it seems more organized and has more options, so thanks to Boris. :D